Introduce Yourself @OG (Part 1)

Hi All,

1st, my “MrWizard” handle is just a character from an old Bullwinkle cartoon, an avatar I have used since the early days of the Usenet. It is not meant to be any sort of badge of expertise regarding Weed Horticulture, or any other topic.

Used to hold my own back in the 70s/80s, then my career made me put it all away. Now, being close to retirement, and with cultivation now legal in my state, I decided to pick up craft growing back up again.

My current project is a 3X3 tent, will post a few pics once I gain trust level etc.

I like to do hydro, and the tech has really matured in the 40 years I have been away. So a lot to learn there. Back in the day I had no clue about VPD, or different curing methods. Also, cannabis horticulture knowledge has deepened quit a bit in the last 40 years. Fems and Autos didnt exist when I first started doing this. A lot more is known about the various canibinoids now, and how growing can affect them.

I am just getting my feet wet now, tweaking my Tent in, growing an Auto Zkittlez that I did some LST to (think Bonsai). Moving forward I think I am going to pursue Landrace strains, mostly Indicas. The modern strain game, with a new crazy named strain coming out every 5 minutes makes me fearful we will lose the original genetics amid all of these Frankenstein strains.

19 Likes