Johnnypotseed’s 3-ring circus - with autos, photos & sex…reversals, that is! (Part 4)

Last seeds I bought were from a bank, but still made from someone I trust. But not many.

2 Likes

Skunkman is a big advocate of this idea. This is why I always want regular seed personally.
The Monsanto model was disgusting. They said the modified plant couldn’t cross breed in their sales pitch. They were wrong. Your neighbor grew Monsanto seed, cross pollinated your stock. If you didn’t hold some back to prove it was yours you lost! They had it all planned out. They even targeted specific sized farms.

2 Likes

That’s the war that is called capitalism. It brings out the worst in most folks. Fair and business have never been in the same room at the same time.

3 Likes

I think that might be better said as ‘big business and fair’ never go together. i know a lot of small business that’re fair. lol`

I like to think I’m fair!
How much would a 10pk of Fem Frankenstein beans cost from one of those high priced seed shop rapists?

2 Likes

I stand corrected. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The good thing is there are a tremendous number of commercial seed companies out there !
Monsanto’s ‘herbicide resistant’ GMO’s were a big novelty out of the gate…problem being, their variety selection was very limited. I feel as though they actually cut their own throat in the long run…with grains grown all over the country, there is a lot of varying climate/season issues that don’t allow a single variety.

4 Likes

And there’s the rub. It would also, I think, cause you to loose the genetic diversity needed to avoid loosing everything due to one fungus, virus… that could hit the country.

3 Likes

Ah lol the usual meddling in mother nature by humankind. Almost every time the scientists come up with an idea to ‘help’ it usually only makes things worse! Like the Kudzu vines, imported for ornamental in public landscaping lol that took over, or times they bring in species of bugs to combat other bugs giving folks a fit, that end up becoming a worse problem! Or even some animal species, same story…

5 Likes

Exactly that. But if man can’t play god then Who can?

3 Likes

just spent the day trimming after chop on 2 plants. SkyWalker & Frankenstein. Both were hit with Fem Frankie dust courtesy of @MoBilly . Lot of the ‘Walkenstein’ seeds dropping out of their buds while I trimmed em! So seems there might be a few of the new cross to offer up, lol

Oh, and of course a good bit of more feminized beans from the Frankie girl! :grinning: :+1:

9 Likes

This is funny. Came out of my MDs yesterday with meds for BP, cholesterol, Arthritis, low T. I said but I never had those issues before. “You were never this old before.” That was pretty clear.

3 Likes

It’s funny how, when a younger man, I never saw myself getting to be an ol fart! lol
I feel ya cuz!

3 Likes

Damn lol! Typos all over the place! I think I’m almost stoned enough to lay down…
HEY! I just got the weirdest feeling of ‘Deja Vu’ lol you know, the ‘I’ve been here before’ type lol
ever sit around a fire drinking, watching the sun come up? Only to realize ya just drank yourself sober, lol. Everyone looks around at each other and says 'FA_A_A_CK! Been there before, what a waste! lol

GOOD MORNING OG!

and
Goodnight OG! lol

8 Likes

Good morning @JohnnyPotseed & the Smokin’ OGs!

6 Likes

Morning JP!
Morning @CanuckistanPete!
Morning everyone!
Great Saturday to all!
You too @crownpoodle!! Morning brother!!
:leaves: :fallen_leaf: :footprints:

7 Likes

Ask me, Dont tell me 1961 documentary on mostly LSD. On TCM right now. Great entertainment.

4 Likes

good morning everyone have a great weekend

4 Likes

Good morning everyone enjoy your weekend!

4 Likes

Good morning JP, everyone. A creaky morning following a three dog night. :laughing:

4 Likes

Good morning Johnny, good morning @CanuckistanPete, @GREANDAL, @Abbbian, @olschool, @buck90, @crownpoodle, good morning OG’s, have a nice weekend.:peace_symbol:

6 Likes