Johnnypotseed’s 3-ring circus - with autos, photos & sex…reversals, that is! (Part 4)

Morning JP!
Morning everyone!!
Happy Friday to all!!

:sunglasses: :scream: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

You too @CanuckistanPete Happy Funday!! :footprints: :sweat_smile:

10 Likes

Morning people of OG.
Everyone have a good day.

9 Likes

Good Morning OG! Again lol

9 Likes

morning everyone

6 Likes

Itttttssssss… Friday! Good morning OGs! Hope you all have a kick ass wonderful weekend!

:v::sunglasses:

☆DJSF

7 Likes

Morning folks!

5 Likes

Hey everyone.

4 Likes

Good morning from Hoth folks. Gonna hit -16 here today

6 Likes

3 Likes

Now that’s just creepy.

5 Likes

Good morning JP. Good morning everyone

5 Likes

Have any of you ever heard of this technology?

Genetic use restriction technology (GURT), also known as terminator technology or suicide seeds, is the name given to proposed methods for restricting the use of genetically modified crops by activating (or deactivating) some genes only in response to certain stimuli, especially to cause second generation seeds to be infertile.

Are seed banks putting in the “fix” to keep us from making seeds for ourselves?
Thanks @shag. I’m following that thread now.

3 Likes

That’s primarily used to make sure farmers don’t generate their own seeds. So they have to keep on buying from folks like Monsanto. Back when they first started that, they found some crops growing that, when genetic testing was done, were from their seeds and sued the farmers involved, and won! Of course…

4 Likes

Yeah, I remember that. It pissed me off when I heard about it. How hard would it be to engineer something like that in the marijuana industry though? It may not be a bad thing to be a bean hoarder right now.
:wink:
at least if you’re a young grower. lol

3 Likes

lol I hear there are seed companies that ARE using this tech to make sterile seeds/plants. So you cant pollinate em to generate more beans. How true that is I don’t know, could just be urban myth!

2 Likes

I hope it is just talk.

2 Likes

I haven’t ran into any yet cuz. But then, lol it’s a very rare thing for me to buy any seeds from a store!

2 Likes

Oh, definitely, I won’t ever have need to buy seeds. I just hate to think about how hard that it may become to get seeds for future propagation. I see a lot of people cloning and creating S1’s in the future if so.

2 Likes

Gosh darn it, making STS solution was a plan of mine this weekend and I forgot to take the chemicals to work today so I could weigh them more accurately :pensive:

3 Likes

Don’t worry, the older you get the better your memory will work.
Isn’t that how it goes?
:rofl:
I forget.

5 Likes