Johnnypotseed’s 3-ring circus - with autos, photos & sex…reversals, that is! (Part 1)

lol one thing you can be sure of. I check them things many times a day…in fact every time I go by that room on my way to the bathroom or whatever. lol So, if/when they DO start producing pods…y’all will know pretty damn quick! :rofl: :+1:

5 Likes

Oh no, I’m sure it’s doing just what it’s supposed to! It’s supposed to be one and done after all. I’m just curious about the method. The loss of leaves isn’t a big deal.

1 Like

Ok good people of the OGniverse, I’m off as another day is done, and time to relax. Done did everything that needs done! Cyas all same time same place tomorrow.(around 3AM lol)… Have a great OG day e1!! :grinning: :heart: :+1:

4 Likes

That bbh is a very short stature plant from the two I grew but then again it wasn’t even grown in a gallon of soil lol!

My finger r crossed !

Least I could do for someone who put their heart and soul into there passion !!

They look fine lol I’ve seen worse after a wonky ph and a nutrient overload :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Go to my thread here
BigMike55’s Ongoing Cannabis Log
Go to post 81. It explains the entire thing.

2 Likes

Thank you kindly.

I wasn’t sure with the autos, but figured since the instructions (written for photos it seems) said to spray, then flip to 12/12, that spraying before seeing hairs might be a good idea. I probably pushed it to just before she started throwing hairs, soaked her with eXe. Figured thats close to the flip, just auto-style lol. Seeing a lot of balls is making me happy, now if they start dropping pollen, and its viable and I have seeds in a month or two, I’ll be VERY happy… I didn’t use much of the 2oz spray bottle honestly. Can easily do another 4-6 plants of the same size…

They said spray completely, and I soaked mine completely… Be curious since you sprayed selected sites, and I soaked the whole plant, if there’s a difference in seeing results…

lol, I just see Johnny, sittin on the pot, noticing some pods, and updating via his cell phone, right on the (s)pot. LOL… “Here’s a pic for ya from the 2nd best seat in the house!” LOL

Well, its staying true, both are shorter… but in 3G pots now…

1 Like

Easy as falling out of bed.

1 Like

Well that kind of sucks. Guess I’m going to veg until they sex then. I was planning to flip, identify, spray. Glad I asked though!

I didn’t know that about you

3 Likes

Why not experiment? lol. Johnny only sprayed certain sites, not the whole plant. I wonder how much effort it would be to reverse a female showing pistils already.

I think the benefit of the eXe is reversing known fem seeds… And for fem autos, it would be a crapshoot as you aren’t growing and searching phenos the same as with photos. At least I wasn’t. Just hit one this time, but I suppose hitting 3 would be a safer bet for getting viable pollen. Just don’t have the seeds / space to do that just yet lol

Lol. context man… context… focus! da plant! da plant! :smiley:
(now imagine a midget in a white suit running around)

3 Likes

I’ve been thinking about that lately. I’m planning on doing an auto reversal project this winter, for a nice supply of different auto fem seeds that I can grow outdoors next season and for gifting. My plan is to reverse the most vigorous ones, with the best stem rubs and good branching.

2 Likes

LOL @Nagel420 , First off, I don’t use my phone to come here I’m ‘tech challenged’ and can’t type worth crap on it!.. not that I can type worth a crap on this keyboard either! But at least I can do a good imitation lol
Second…The throne is for one thing only, lol I don’t read and write and other such distractions there!! :rofl: :+1:

The difference in your and my spraying isn’t going to be a big factor here I’m thinking.
The Auto might show faster is about it. I sprayed pretty much all the nodes for the entire top half of the plants, since they’re bunched in the room under that one light, and I felt the bottoms wouldn’t get as much light to help anything that might come from there.

6 Likes

The majority of the beans dropped yesterday were from @Mr.Sparkle.
CinderEvil
PRCD x DarkSpark
Dark Spark
Cookie Devil
Ghost Rose Cookie Devil
Poisoned Rose Cookie Devil
Then I had to drop the LSD from my good buddy @Oldjoints
The Sebring’s Cherry Brandy I got from the site
Sorry folks but i can’t remember or find who I traded for the Tropicana Poison

Naturally they all will have a couple of select plants pollenated with Sour60 and GDPB dust, both. :crazy_face: :+1:

6 Likes

I might have to skip the eXe and go with the silver then for this particular run. Both are new to me so I guess at the end of the day it’s not a big deal. With any luck I’ll buy one or the other and get the male I need anyway. On top of making more Pennywise seeds I want as much pollen as I can get too. I want to hit a branch of everything in my upcoming auto runs with it, make some CBD versions of a ton of stuff.

3 Likes

There are 2 things making me hesitant about the eXe:

1. Costs = high for my current needs.
  2. Supplier in Canada?

Granted if it turns out that everyone that uses this gets a perfect success rate + if it is storable; I’ll drop 100$ CanaBucks (thats about 47.7999999999 USD) I’d take a shot at reversals with it. :wink:

3 Likes

Ooof… its $60 US here :frowning: I can be the test subject on storage :wink: Barely used 1/8th of the 2oz bottle for an entire auto black cream, so I WILL be storing for a while (currently in a dark cabinet, 74F). Won’t be reversing another for probably at least 2 months…

I have heard of some developing empty pollen sacs, not sure if thats application, timing, or just the plants own genetics. Obviously between @JohnnyPotseed @blkmetal and myself we will provide enough updates to make a semi-informed decision :slight_smile:

I’ve never reversed a plant, not with CS, STS or eXe… So this is all new territory for me :slight_smile: Johnny on the other hand has a whole lot more experience than I do here!

5 Likes

@JohnnyPotseed was so kind to enable me by sending me enough chems to make up 2000ml of stock solution of STS. I pulled out the darkroom kit which I used to make 1asa, blue sensitive photo emulsion by hand so working with silver nitrate again brought back a lot of nostalgia. I’ll be spraying every 5 days, letting them dry out with a fan, then back into the tent just as the lights go off. :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

I often wondered about application / drying. As in, I rarely spray anything when the lights just came on (afraid of burns from magnification effect of droplets). A fan can speed drying, but how does it effect absorption?

I sprayed the reversal candidate just before lights out, and she/he was in the dark for the next 6 hours, with no fan to speed evaporation. I’d be curious if that helps with absorption of the chems, or if its just overkill…

1 Like

I used a similar method when I reversed a Blue Cookies plant about a year ago. But with the CS that I made, it has to be sprayed daily for about 2 weeks. I kept spraying until I saw a few nanners sticking out of the flowers. Then stopped. It was a small plant with no training. So it was pretty much branchless and about a foot and a half tall but I got probly 200-300 beans from her and some of my friends here are growing them as we speak.

3 Likes