Johnnypotseed’s 3-ring circus - with autos, photos & sex…reversals, that is! (Part 1)

There are 2 things making me hesitant about the eXe:

1. Costs = high for my current needs.
  2. Supplier in Canada?

Granted if it turns out that everyone that uses this gets a perfect success rate + if it is storable; I’ll drop 100$ CanaBucks (thats about 47.7999999999 USD) I’d take a shot at reversals with it. :wink:

3 Likes

Ooof… its $60 US here :frowning: I can be the test subject on storage :wink: Barely used 1/8th of the 2oz bottle for an entire auto black cream, so I WILL be storing for a while (currently in a dark cabinet, 74F). Won’t be reversing another for probably at least 2 months…

I have heard of some developing empty pollen sacs, not sure if thats application, timing, or just the plants own genetics. Obviously between @JohnnyPotseed @blkmetal and myself we will provide enough updates to make a semi-informed decision :slight_smile:

I’ve never reversed a plant, not with CS, STS or eXe… So this is all new territory for me :slight_smile: Johnny on the other hand has a whole lot more experience than I do here!

5 Likes

@JohnnyPotseed was so kind to enable me by sending me enough chems to make up 2000ml of stock solution of STS. I pulled out the darkroom kit which I used to make 1asa, blue sensitive photo emulsion by hand so working with silver nitrate again brought back a lot of nostalgia. I’ll be spraying every 5 days, letting them dry out with a fan, then back into the tent just as the lights go off. :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

I often wondered about application / drying. As in, I rarely spray anything when the lights just came on (afraid of burns from magnification effect of droplets). A fan can speed drying, but how does it effect absorption?

I sprayed the reversal candidate just before lights out, and she/he was in the dark for the next 6 hours, with no fan to speed evaporation. I’d be curious if that helps with absorption of the chems, or if its just overkill…

1 Like

I used a similar method when I reversed a Blue Cookies plant about a year ago. But with the CS that I made, it has to be sprayed daily for about 2 weeks. I kept spraying until I saw a few nanners sticking out of the flowers. Then stopped. It was a small plant with no training. So it was pretty much branchless and about a foot and a half tall but I got probly 200-300 beans from her and some of my friends here are growing them as we speak.

3 Likes

Sorry there Bossco, did not mean to hijack the thread.

1 Like

I’m curious as well. I’m hoping it does the trick! :laughing:
Due to my trauma with dealing with PM, I am SUPER HESITANT to spray and leave them wet in the tent as humidity peaks lights off more so than I’m used to since I’ve moved the 4x4 into my basement. Dehumidifier is running 24/7, but the recent rains have made it work harder than usual. It’s baseboard heated so as soon as the temperature outside drops I’ll have dry air again!

@BigMike55 , thanks for letting us know this! I’ve read STS to be applied only every 5 days as too much can be as bad as not enough. Still: :crossed_fingers: cause if this works I’m gonna be making S1 seeds all the freaking time! :smiley:

2 Likes

Oh, it will work. Just be patient, it doesn’t happen overnight. I almost gave up cuz I got impatient. Hang in there and you will be rewarded.

3 Likes

… and the plant looked like hammered horse shit the rest of it’s life. But it gave me pollen and that’s was her only job in life.
And be sure to discard the reversed plant. Don’t smoke it. You don’t need that shit in your lungs.

4 Likes

I’ve already planned on sending them across the Rainbow bridge to their glory via the fire-pit once they have done sharing their magic dust; not just as a way to dispose, but as an offering to the CannaGods.

5 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: that ain’t saying much! I’ve only tried the STS once and this eXe once…
the only reversals I had ever done prior to that was the oldschool Rodelization.

3 Likes

Just don’t inhale that smudge…

1 Like

Come on cuz! You know all chat is welcome here! No more of that talk about a ‘hijack’ lol

In this thread, we all just sit around drinking coffee. toking n joking etc lol

7 Likes

Thats still experience! I’d be willing to bet most users here have never done that (intentionally at least)… Accidentally is a different story :rofl:

3 Likes

So @JohnnyPotseed
Did i ever send you some Blak N Blu Cookies beans?

2 Likes

Yep, you sure did cuz… and I thanked you then, and now I thank you again! Since I’ve seen them growing!! :grinning: :crazy_face: :+1:
They’re safe in the fridge and will probably be one of the first photos I grow when I’m done with these Autos…
Wait a minute lol .What am I saying?! i ain’t never gonna be ‘done’ with Autos! But those Blak n Blu will be getting a damn good start this winter! lol

I’m thinking put some indoors and train em, also put some outdoors!

4 Likes

100%. If it were legal, I’d light the fire from a distance with my :bow_and_arrow: . :wink:

2 Likes

Gotta say, just a few auto plants made me re-think things… Why do autos get such a bad rap? Do people base it on the experience of one crappy plant / genes? If 3 plants can yield 235 grams in 8-10 weeks, and it looks, smells and smokes good, why the bad rap? Sure, photos can yield more, but can a few runs of autos in the same timespan yield the same, if not more?

The big allure for me is the short time seed to seed makes it far more possible for me to have the patience to actually make, and work a cross. Baby steps, first, lets successfully reverse and make seeds. Pollinate 3 types of autos with that one type of pollen, see whats transferred. I haven’t even pollinated, or collected pollen yet, and here I can’t wait to plant those seeds which haven’t even been created. Will the black cream, selfed, look like the purchased seeds? with the BC crossed with the northern lights auto change the branching, or bud colors? Will the BC crossed with the blueberry herer give it the same height as the BC, change color, or will I be able to get more variegated plants? (thats only somewhat genetic, there’s other forces at work that @PetalPowerseed educated me on the other night)… Still, its such a short turnaround time, its actually kind of fun and doesn’t try my patience as much LOL

so, why DO autos get the bad rap?

5 Likes

Mostly instability I think. It’s not unusual to have several phenos from the same batch in any line and flowering time (duration) is also variable. If you’re growing autos en masse it could be a true pain in the ass when they finish at different times.

1 Like

Ok. Thought I might have missed you by accident.

2 Likes