Just got my basic solstrip kit and dont know what to do :-D

Hello guys :slight_smile: I finaly got my solstrip basic kit and I am not sure if I do things the right way :slight_smile: I Have only few questions :smiley:

So I will screw the strips to my baking sheet like this:

Then I need to wire them. How exactly do I do it with these? :smiley: I got 4 of them

What is the tape for? :smiley:

Then I got planty of screws and so…

Thanks a lot for help :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Nice!!! :thumbsup: you will not be disappointed. I know a few pointers but…hate typing on the phone. Have to wait for the computer :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Well AI really need this asap :smiley: I Just screwed the strips on to the sheet and now I do the wires. Just Like jelly did… .

1 Like

@Jellypowered your assistance is required. Nice purchase Fisch :+1:

2 Likes

I believe the tape is thermal tape that goes in between the strip and the baking sheet…Helps conduct heat better

2 Likes

Like @Roux I’m mobile right now,

But the plastic things are called Wago connectors. They are 8 ports on this particular model and they should all be connected internally.

Positives hook together, negatives hook together. No matter how you do it, as long as you follow that idea, you can’t go wrong!

3 Likes

Ok I got the wireing

Pls tell me its ok :-/ I did it exactly like @Jellypowered did on his photos

3 Likes

Looks like it should!

1 Like

Great job, they are all in parallel :+1:

1 Like

It doesnt work :-/ There is electric current out of the source but bo Light…

@Baudelaire? Help pls? :slight_smile:

1 Like

What driver did you get with your kit?

1 Like

2 Likes

Double check all your connectors and make sure everything is snug and tight, clamps all the way pressed. Electricity does not like loose wires connections.

Do you have a multimeter?

2 Likes

The tape should go on the strips or the baking sheet? I was expecting some sort of manual but nothing :-/ I even had to buy new screws becouse those I got were too big…

1 Like

I’ll second what @Roux said, particularly the driver to array connections, you may have to push harder than you think to get the thicker gauge wire to seat properly.

1 Like

Sorry this is from my phone, but pretend the

black heatsink = baking sheet
white strip = thermal tape
proccesser = solstrips

Cut the tape to the length of the solstrip. The tape should be act like double sided tape, so peal off the blue backing, so it will stick to the baking sheet and the solstrip.

Middle strip it looks like you have two white wires going to it from the same connector. Should be one white and one red from pos and neg each… maybe just an illusion…

Make sure of your polarity, LEDs won’t work if it is reversed…

3 Likes

Ok I Checked everything and its still not working :-/

He’s got it right.

@Fisch, do you have a multimeter?

1 Like

I would double check the polarity, might need a multi meter to do that…