Landos Stash F2, Jabbas Stash F2 and More

Congratulations on the coming youngun’ @Vagabond_Windy! Is it your first one? Welcome to OG. Step inside this house and immerse yourself into the fog. You’ll understand that later. We are all here to learn and move forward with our craft. There is an endless amount of support and generosity here. Get comfortable, get higher than a lab monkey and join the family!

Blessings…

:cowboy_hat_face:

6 Likes

So the last time I ever stored in a fridge the bags developed mold. That was 6 years ago. Now I don’t keep many seeds and when I do I add a few grains of rice. I heard if I vacuum sealed them I could refrigerate without worry, so I’m gonna try that.

7 Likes

Thank you oleskool. I appreciate everyone being so warm and welcoming. Child on the way is my 3rd and I also have a step son. Kids are exciting. Been 10 years since I had a newborn so it’s gonna be a bit of a struggle at first.
Thanks again :pray:

5 Likes

I keep mine in a closed wooden box in my wine closet. No problems yet. Its cool, but not fridge cold. The fridge scares me. Moisture being at the the top of the list, but also the fridge has needed to be completely defrosted before, and likely will again. I wouldnt want to screw up my whole collection because the fridge took a shit or I had to move. I have popped some stuff that Ive kept for 7 or 8 years in the wine closet with no problems. Im hoping to dig into some of my older beans soon, so I will have a better idea of how they have fared

4 Likes

I bought these little test tubes with screw-on tops. Filled them with rice, threw the seed packs in, topped with a little more rice, screwed the tops on, put the tubes in ziplock bags with a little loose rice in each ziplock bag and put them in the fridge. It’s worked great for me so far. I got 9/11 Gojis to sprout this current grow and three of six Tangerine Kushes (along with all seven Time Bandits, but those were brand-new seeds), both the Goji and the Tangerine had been stored for about five years. Sadly, only one of my last six Prayer Tower f4’s sprouted and it fizzled out quickly, also been stored for about five years. But I have a feeling those seeds were kind of old when I got them. And every grow I’ve done for the past five years has been with seed stock that was purchased at around the same time (five years ago) and stored the same way. Usually get 90%+ germination rates.

I should mention, I put my seeds directly in the dirt. I don’t bother with soaking or paper towels or any of that. I’d probably get even better germination rates if I did the whole “soak/paper towel” thing. I just like starting them directly in soil.

6 Likes

I used to do the old shot glass method but started doing paper towel. Now I’m goin back to shot glass. My memory is shot and I didn’t even remember I used to do the shot glass lol.
The beauty of these sites is the input from everyone. We all do things differently but I love going back and referring to info when I need it.

4 Likes

I really wish i could get a little wine fridge. My wife can use it for wine and I could use it for beans. I’m glad you’re having such success with your storage method :muscle:t3::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Newest seedling :seedling:
Baby Jason
Germinated : August 17th 7:55 am CST

22 Likes

CONGRATULATIONS on the new seedling!

5 Likes

Far out man!! :sunglasses: :+1:

Just file as much as you can into long term memory storage and ENJOY!!

Cheers
G

5 Likes

6 of the DLA5 F2 are above ground. I might go back to rockwool just for seeds as I’ve never had and issue after germination. This soil might be a bit heavy for them. Veg tent has an exhaust fan but I’m Still working on getting an fan inside to help cool it down a tad more

3 Likes

10 Likes

A couple of the Sakura F2 are above ground and a couple still need to step out of their shells

7 Likes

Oh snap dude congrats all around

3 Likes

Dude, you just had a baby. Chill on popping seeds haha!

Congratulations on the baby, btw.

What soil mix are you using? Because I don’t think soil mix has anything to do with germination/growth rates. Or it shouldn’t anyway, depending on your mix, although I know that some mixes run hot, especially if they haven’t been “cooked.” I’ve always started my seeds directly in the soil and it works fine.

2 Likes

Lol the show must continue at Casa Del Windy.
As for soil mix it is a blend called Nectar 4 by Oregon’s Only. Works better than any bagged stuff I’ve ever bought. I’m making a bigger deal than I should about the germ rates but I just feel like I might’ve lost a a step lol.
Nectar 4 is perfect for seedlings I’ve just always started in rooting cubes or rockwool.

5 Likes

Thank you good sir. :pray:

1 Like

In the interest of showing everyone what is being used throughout the grow in this thread. Here is what I use

And these are the nutrients being used. I apply every watering according to their feed chart

9 Likes

Congratulations :champagne::confetti_ball::balloon::tada:

3 Likes

Day 36
Landos Stash F2 Phenos 1,3,4

17 Likes