Landrace Expansion & Trade

Sounds excellent!
@lefthandseeds… .How long do you recommend the triple Durban cures for?

3 Likes

As a youngster, myself and friends would always covet the last bowl of a bag… all hairs. Probably in our heads, but we all thought it was the best of the bag.

4 Likes

So here’s the two phenos - lanky stretchy on the left and shorter more wide leaf on the right. I definitely like the more wide leaf one at this point. Sorry for the crappy shot. They’re in the back of the room and it’s kind of hard to maneuver.

16 Likes

Nice! Yeah the one on the right seems like it will have a nice top cola. Looking good. Can you put these pics in the Afghan preservation thread too?

3 Likes

Very nice plants!

1 Like

How’s that Durban treating you? Must be getting tasty…

5 Likes

Have a big top pulled for a 50% humidity 1 month cure test. Will have a new report this evening.

3 Likes

Think I traded the Morrocan for a seed/ hash run for a members mother.

What do you think is a Hawiian landrace or are they all descendants of Thais brought in for breeding. I just taste tested a Maui Wowie and Poison Mauithat is a x with Transkei x Lesotho, both about a month out. I also have a Kona from the island that looks like a true Sativa that I lost two sprouts in the brown out. Be happy to send some if you like. Month early taste of Maui is Juicy fruit gum with a menthol back. The Poison grabs you by the head and heart like a Quadruple Espresso afrter two bong hits and lasting an hour…all o can say is WOWIE!!!

19 Likes

I had heard that the older Hawaiian varieties contained Mexican genetics, and I’m guessing you are right about them containing Thai genetics too. What plants are those pictured up above? Really nice looking. That cross you speak of sounds lethal. Quadruple espresso sounds like a great pick me up

5 Likes

Pulga Parvati male plant, and a couple pictures standing underneath the ladies. Looks like there will be some seeds

17 Likes

Those are the Kona Gold And the Poison Maui from breeder @Archimage. These are from preservation runs. Nice plants and they take me back to the 80’ with smell and taste already can’t wait for the chop.
And those are some killer plants brother, man I appreciate the work and patients it takes to grow 100 day plants outdoors…:metal::sunglasses: Stellar work!!!

10 Likes

Guys, I’m headed to the Bakery in a few to take some pictures. This is where the preservation runs will be completed. Because of the workload getting this place ready alone for obvious reasons, I have not started the Beldia, Hindu Kush or the Tora Bora yet. As soon as I have a clear path to finish the runs successfully, I will start them. It’s still 105* here so not able to start them outdoors instead. It is a priority for me to get these seeds made properly and not end up with stunted plants because of the heat. The weather will start to cool off more in October and things will get going.

14 Likes

Wish I was close brother, I’d give you a few hours lad or a night to help out.,.”and I got a wicked set of tools” 24 years running a construction biz.

Sounds like a way cool project, wish the laws would allow renting cubicle like storage places for different growers to rent. I do well in an 8x8 but my rooms 16x20…:metal::sunglasses:

7 Likes

To the Bakery to take pictures, you say? :hushed:

4 Likes

I have heard the same thing about a lot of Hawaiian strains starting from Mexican seeds. When grown and cured properly in the Hawaiian sun transformed into Hawaiian!

3 Likes

Wow! The heat’s still hanging on! We had a frost already. I wish some of that warmth would blow its way up here! I’m using the woodstove

4 Likes

Northern Maine…a couple of Low nights, 29/33/30, ALL Annuals bit the dust. No Outside Grow this year, would have covered everything. Pellet Stove to “knock the chill off”!!! Low was 56 last night, go figure. ALL, stay safe/be well.

5 Likes

Dumb question for you…the kona gold and poison Maui. … are those outdoors for the day? They aren’t budding like that naturally outdoors are they? And if they are, did you make seeds?

5 Likes

Breeders pics, growing outdoors in Southern California. I should have some beans of Maui and Poison end of the month. Brushed a few lowers with a Maui male.

4 Likes

Has any of the smoke from the fires out West made it to Maine yet?

1 Like