[LED] Modern options for 80x80x160 grow room?

Hi everyone!

It is nice to be back at this awesome forum.

I am looking for hints to buy/build a led light for my 80x80x160 tent. I am not planning to use all the vertical space, being more into small plants from clone, so penetration is not really an issue in my ideal setup.

I have looked around and now there are so many options that it is not easy to understand which route to take. Ideally I am looking for something in the range of 120-150W (maybe a bit more) efficient lights.
Being a lazy ass I would prefer a pre-built/plug-and-play/battle-tested product but I am open to other options :wink:

Can someone share her/his experience/knowledge around this topic?

Thaaanks a lot!

2 Likes

I really like and always recommend https://solstrip.com/.

U can even follow the news on the SolStrip thread: SolStrip LED lighting: Product info and announcements.

The owner is Mr @Baudelaire and you can always count him in the thread. Good luck.
:wink::+1:t2:

3 Likes

They are easily interchangeable so you can change the Kelvin if needed. I swear by solstrips :+1::ok_hand:

2 Likes

Thanks for the help @Vertebrata @Esrgood4u !
Solstrips have been in my radar since a long time, do some of you, or maybe other users, know any reliable EU shop that sells them at reasonable price?

2 Likes

and I almost forgot, which version do you suggest for an 80x80x160 box?

Ahhhh @Baudelaire will ship to the EU I think. He used to have a EU distributor over here but it didn’t work out as expected. Maybe contact him direct here on OG and see what you can work out.
If all else fails take a look at this thread :+1:
Not solstrips but work just as well.

4 Likes

I don’t know if there are solstrip sellers except for the website. I have a 80x80x160 and use 320w of solstrips. :grinning::+1:t2:

1 Like

I’ve never used Solstrip and they sound really cool. Only offer this as an example for you to budget against, and if you decide that one of them would be pre-made quality worthy of comparing. I use the Maxisisun PB2000. Cost about $140 US and is rated at 200w. It’s cheaper than the ‘big LED guys’ but you can’t shake a stick at their components and assembly quality, or the reviews of them. Plus they are dimmable, your can daisy-chain their power feeds, and they even come with a remote control (although I dunno why).

Sorry to sound like and advertisement or something.

2 Likes

If looking for plug and play, marshydro, maxsisun, Spyder farmer and the likes all have viable options for your space though consider closer to the 200-250w range for a solid amount of light.

Such as say maxsisun mf2000 or the likes as it’s better to have to turn your light down if needed than to have to buy a new one when you realize you want more.

4 Likes

Not marshydro FFS :yawning_face: unless he wants 2.5g per watt :rofl:
Cheers for chiming in @Mr.Sparkle. :+1::ok_hand:

3 Likes

Them and alot of those brands labels of such are BS though the lights work just have to upsize them a little due to false sizing and outputs

3 Likes

Thing is they work and work well when your on a tight budget.
I guess the bridgelux strips are a thing of the past now??
I need to read OG some more and catch up. Things have changed loads in 12 months away. Thanks for the advice bro. As always appreciate your input :+1:

This is the reason why I was asking for “modern” solutions! :sweat_smile:
By looking at grow diaries, post with a “led” tag and so on I’ve got so confused that I had to ask directly to the community :wink:

Thanks a lot @Mr.Sparkle !
Regarding DIY, is bridgelux still the way to go or are there other viable options?

To you and @Esrgood4u the bridgelux are still viable and get you good bang for the buck which are still cheaper and have the advantage that you can build to your space, though prebuilts now and say not the new new styling of bar stuff but like the base panels and or builds like that maxsisun I mentioned for the prices they come at now it’s pretty hard not to go that route if say your running in a tent, like I’d go that route myself if I was running in the spaces to do so, also it’s prebuilt so there’s that… Which is a big thing to most

4 Likes

Led lighting is amazing. keep us posted.

Solstrip.com ships direct to the EU and 41 other countries from our website.

Our plug-n-grow SolSheet X would work well in your 80 x 80 (assuming that’s your canopy dimensions). Or if a DIY project is an option, five X2 or three X3 SolStix on an HLG-185H or -240H on aluminum L-bar.

That Maxisun is $200 on Amazon and uses some older Samsung LM281B+ diodes, so efficiency will take a hit = less light/dollar.

Feel free to mssg me here or at sales@solstrip.com with any questions. peace -b420

5 Likes

hello brother for that space and to cover the whole box I recommend an attis 200 w or a very powerful taurus 200 alternatively and less expensive you could try the mars hydro ts2000 excellent for that coverage and cost maintained if you want some other advice let me know … . because with 120 130 watts you cover a 60 x 60 x 120 instead of yours and then large and I recommend something of at least 180 watts such as the Mars hydro TS 2000 or the 200 watt attis excellent a greeting grower

the second option you proposed would be perfect for him :sunglasses:

I run one of these in a similar sized space (2ftx4ft)