Leds with UV

Depends. UVA can be left on 12/12 through whole flower cycle and is said to Increase trichome production. UVB is much more damaging and need to be done in short bursts. Some say it has the potential to increase potency if used correctly. So there will likely be some trial and error to dial it in.

3 Likes

@EugeneDebs420 , I have and use that supplement light. I had it in a grow room 5x8. The frost on the one side of room was noticeable Imo. Right now it doesnā€™t work with my setup but I think you will be happy

Solacure recommends 15 mins on 45 mins off during lights on during floweringā€¦ now this makes senseā€¦at 1st glanceā€¦ it seems like they just want you to burn lights up fasterā€¦ but then you consider the triggering that needs to be caused causing the plant to grow more trichomes or more on each already existing trichomeā€¦ either wayā€¦ it makes senseā€¦ 15 onā€¦ trigger itā€¦ 45 offā€¦ grow the trichomes ā€¦ 15 on trigger it. 45 offā€¦ resin productionā€¦ I think they are on to something with this method :thinking: because if you leave it onā€¦ then your just melting away what you previously grewā€¦ kind of 1 step forward 2 steps backā€¦ seems like just enough to trigger the need for resin production (plant sunscreen) is best for increasing trichomes and sizes of existing trichomesā€¦ just want to trigger this reaction over and over without actually hurting/degrading existing trichomesā€¦ this is talking uvb by the wayā€¦ I feel like uva is more of a strengthenerā€¦

So Iā€™ll be getting a reptile uvb bulb for my 2x2
So far Iā€™ve understand that the 10 version means 10%uv
Not sure ty split on uvb

Any suggestions?

1 Like

I know @ifish has reptile uvbā€¦ maybe he can guide you on this @Myusernamewastaken

3 Likes

Thanks also gonna tag @Tao who was dropping the knowledge here

Just looking for a cheap uvb option, so probably bulb(coz I donā€™t have a light to put a tube in)

1 Like

If your lookin cheap go secondhand eBay etc for Arcadia t5 holder

2 Likes

They do
Bloomspect has them
UV
And cheap
Good lights
Used mine 3 years so far
Even the new units have it.
I picked up several just for uv
30ish bucks a pop for the
250 watt equivalent
Amazon

2 Likes

Hello there Myusernamewastaken.
The screw bulbs are weak from what I understand. You should get a 2 foot tube with a fixture. They are the strongest UV-b emitters so far. I get AgroMax Pure UV T5 tube from htgsupply.com. Make sure your fixture has an aluminum reflector as plastic absorbs UV light, so a plastic reflector wont work. I have been using GrowBright 2-Foot High-Output T5 Fluorescent Grow Light Fixture from Amazon.
This combination is the cheapest I can find and is very effective.
Good luck with your illuminations.

3 Likes

Thanks for the team work gang!
@Tao @Toker1 @ifish

Iā€™m down under so will investigate these products and see what I can find down here,

Probably find some tube fixtures with similar specs

Cheers for the replies fellas

5 Likes

just wondering, how does this mimic real life? is it due to most of the uvb not making it past the atmosphere? most of what iā€™ve read about enhancements to growth or production of anything relates to making conditions closer to outdoors. i also recall one time back on the old og discussing whether it would be effective to mimic the full moon cycle during the night cycle with a smaller light but due to ā€œreasonsā€ had to stop growingā€¦

It doesnā€™t mimic real lifeā€¦ it triggers resin production defense in the plantā€¦ uvb is mostly filtered out by our atmosphereā€¦ so it isnā€™t necessary unless you want more resinā€¦ which I absolutely do! Alsoā€¦ the choice in uv is paramount! Lotta uv out thereā€¦ I chose solacure uvb because uva seems like a waste of time to meā€¦ not enough of a threat I donā€™t think. In my opinion anyway. 15 mins onā€¦ 45 mins offā€¦ 15 on trigger reaction with smallest degradationā€¦ and 45 offā€¦ stack the resin @sfzombie13

1 Like

i know what iā€™ll be doing for a while if i donā€™t get this jobā€¦damn i hope i get this job. does the production of resin affect the quality much? reason i ask is the job is manager of a grow op. if the effect is a good enough roi and they are serious about letting me have a free reign, iā€™m gonna try it. excuse me, suggest it to the grow manager like any good team player. if i donā€™t get the job thoughā€¦

4 Likes

Hereā€™s a new one. LED ā€œbarā€ with uva and uvb, from photontek. Just got a notification from indoorfarmer.ca

Nice to show-up and have a Plan !
Good Luck Iā€™m rooting for you @sfzombie13

I understood that the reptile uv-b application was 15 minutes b4 lites-off and first 30 minutes of Dark.

About 12-20ā€ from Colas @Terpsnpurps

Iā€™m interested in hearing other methods/thoughts as well.

1 Like

i didnā€™t get it. thanx though. i am growing hemp for myself this year so thatā€™s a plus actually.

2 Likes

GO HEMP !!! Hereā€™s to a great season

2 Likes

thanx! i hope so.

My understanding is that itā€™s best to only trigger the reaction to produce more resin as ā€œsunscreenā€ and then allow time off to grow more trichesā€¦ so solacure recommend 15 on 45 offā€¦ but maybe tweaks to this or alternate similar methods may prove even betterā€¦

2 Likes