Uva and uvb advice

I’m thinking about adding this to my grow.
Any advice on what to get would be appreciated.
I’m reading the reptile ones may not be good enough.
These lights have both uva and uvb.

4 Likes

That works, so do these.

https://www.solacure.com/horticulture.html

4 Likes

Thank you …

1 Like
3 Likes

congrats! this will be a real upgrade! use it only for the final stages of flower. I ran uvb and uva the whole flower cycle last run and it was a mistake much better used in the final stage only imo.

1 Like

I’m running mine right now for 15 mins every hour for 5 hours from 10am to 3pm in veg, working up to fulltime 5 hours. My thought process behind uvb for veg (in limited amounts) tells the plant to prepare itself for overload later in its life.

Also here is how you can tell the intensity of UVB around the world.

2 Likes

Recently saw a review by Migro on youtube for UV bulbs. This one was the best he reviewed.

Be sure your reflector uses only reflective aluminum, uncoated.

White and coated aluminum absorb uv.

4 Likes

I am curious to see trials in exposure time. It would be ideal to know the minimum exposure threshold for the highest ratio of return. I imagine there are both applications which produce negligible influence, as well as those which see diminished returns.

1 Like

here is my last grow. this is weeks 6 - 8 of flower plant dependent

10 Likes

Try to mimic the sun…uvb for the middle 5 hours, uva for the middle 2 hours of lighting. You can really belt em with short wavelength if you keep it regimented to the middle of your lighting cycle.

3 Likes

If you get the solacure bulbs they have a reflector built into the bulb

Keep a eye on my grow, I’m going to blast the plants with UVB toward the last 4-6 weeks

2 Likes

I run the Agromax 38-40 inches above the canopy. If you don’t have that kind of room, look at the Solacures
Just my 2 cents

3 Likes

i checked out the agromax, something about it didnt click with me as much as the solacure did. I think they are both from the same bulb producer.

1 Like

https://www.solacure.com/365.html

I really like these. But the reptile bulbs will do in a pinch!

• BD
1 Like

Check out this re view of different lamps https://youtu.be/JPsMH61onMk

2 Likes

good video, looks like the solacure bulbs with the built in reflector is junk.

3 Likes

I was thinking about putting two 365nm 30w uv flood lights up in the tent. I really want uv strip lights for the dispersion, with 365nm being used in resin curing you would think that someone would make them.

I’m thinking 2 of these hung high to irradiate the whole tent

1 Like

that UVA bulb wont do much, you need UVB, the plant is trying to protect itself from a sunburn, so it creates more trichomes. a uva bulb is a blacklight bulb and that wont do anything for your plants.

Due to the way LED diodes are manufactured, 365 nm wavelength chips tend to be less efficient and more costly. The exact difference in price will depend on the product type, but in general, 365 nm LEDs do come with a price premium, and as such, 395 nm LED products are better suited for those on a budget.
-What is the Difference Between 365 nm and 395 nm UV LED Lights? | Waveform Lighting

IMO, just go with the agromax T5 2 footers and attach it to the grow light on either side.

@sct2020 just go here, and buy two of these with the pure UV bulbs, 80$ and your good to go

2 Likes

I know thats what everyone says, I can see a difference when I do and don’t use uva though too. My 27w led bar broke, and clones of my last run are definitely less frosty than last grow at the same point. I used to use the 20.0 reptile compact flourescents a few years ago (supplemented my blurple htg 9 band UFOs), those definitely worked best of the things I’ve tried.

I do have a 2 bulb 24" HOt5 fixture not in use. I have an htg nearby in Taylor, MI. I know they always have the agromax pureUV bulbs on hand, maybe I’ll run down there later this week. I’ve used the purePAR bulbs they make and really like them.

In case anyone needs that link too

2 Likes

What size area are you using the 2 ft in ?