Lefty or Righty?

What’s up OG?!?!?!
Just a thought I had while sitting here… who on the site has a dominant left hand? because I do and I always seem to find others who are… my lady is as well hehe

so give it up, ye children of the fabled Amish green corn!
what are ya? (also, I built the poll to show who voted for redundancy)

• Left handed
  • Right handed

0 voters

1 Like

I’m both, can’t vote ^^

6 Likes

I can write with both hands. I can throw a ball with either hand too.

5 Likes

I write, eat, and take care of personal business :wink: with my left hand… but everything else I do right handed… throw a ball, play guitar, shooting a gun, all right dominant.

6 Likes

I’m right handed, but goofy foot

6 Likes

Lefty!
Sometimes needing 20 characters is a pain!

1 Like

Well I eat a cob of corn with both hands.
And generally roll with both too.

3 Likes

I can too but I looks like I’m handicapped with my left!

But yes what eye dominance ru when it comes to shooting? I

Right eye dom when looking down the barrel for me

1 Like

My youngest daughter got a shitty DNA deal on that one - left eye dominant and right-handed. She can still shoot well enough, but I regret not forcing her to shoot left-handed from the beginning.

1 Like

Yea… Some cross shooters are better than dominant eye shooters though

1 Like

Do they force themselves to shoot with their non-dominant eye, or do they twist their neck into a crazy position to get their dominant eye into position? I have heard some people actually wear an eye patch over their dominant eye to shoot.

My daughter closes her dominant eye and uses the other eye. It works well enough to put meat in the freezer, but I can tell it feels awkward to close that eye.

3 Likes

I have a cousin that shoots competitively, his son was a lefty but right eye dominant. The eye patch works. I remember the boy wearing that eye patch for like a week. U can retrain ur brain.

This was common during ww2 submariners who were left eye Dom. The parascopes were set up to use the right eye to look through, and the left eye would mark target bearing.

3 Likes

Very interesting. I wonder how much fun it will be to try to convince my 16-year-old daughter to wear an eye patch for a week this summer. I should tell her it takes a month… :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Right handed because I’m not a genetic freak :joy: At least we now know which sinister people on here can’t be trusted…

3 Likes

I’d be willing to bet the majority of them are cat people, too. :fearful:

3 Likes

Lefty and I love cats… I don’t dislike dogs… I’d just rather not lol

3 Likes

lol. I thought you were cool.
Don’t let your cat out in SEQLD :wink:

1 Like