Lighting Spectral Data

Regarding the McCree curve, if my memory serves, in one of Dr. Bugbee’s videos at Utah State, he discusses an interesting realization that his students came upon while studying McCree’s work. I don’t recall exactly the realization or which video includes his comments on McCree’s work. But I remember that the realization was new, and I found it interesting. I will try to find it again and post it here.

If someone knows what I’m referring to please share.

3 Likes

That’s excellent. Thanks for sharing @anon11552397.

… that IR peak :wink:

1 Like

LOL, I thought you would notice that, @Northern_Loki. Nothing beats useless IR to heat up leaves to the detriment of transpiration, CO2 fixation, calcium and boron mass flow uptake and diffusion, and VPDleaf!

I use “VPDleaf” instead of just “VPD” because so many people and companies are unaware that VPD needs to take leaf temperature into account. It is meant to distinguish between environmental VPD ("VPDair) and plant science VPD (VPDleaf).

See:
Nelson, J. A., & Bugbee, B. (2015). Analysis of environmental effects on leaf temperature under sunlight, high pressure sodium and light emitting diodes. PLOS ONE, 10(10).

On a side note, if you wanted to share all of your spectrometer data test results, I would be happy to enter them into my updated version of Knna’s “Bulb analyzer v2” spreadsheet. Then share the results in this thread or another thread.

2 Likes

Added Vivosun’s VS4300 to captured spectra.

1 Like

STATE OF THE CANNABIS LIGHTING MARKET via Fluence

Primarily a marketing piece but there are some interesting insight regarding LED application and spectrum. One suggestion, for instance, is that when a certain light intensity is obtained, the spectral quality of the light is of less significance.

CBT-Oct-2022-SOI-web.pdf (1.6 MB)

3 Likes