Live Chat with Mars Hydro Employee

Maybe @Zoey can explain why all currency has to be converted to United States currency ? Each selection gets switched to US dollars in the end!

Shiskaberry, thanks for asking and patient waiting, at present, we only support an us dollars checkout, the reason why there is an extra 3usd for Canada customers, it’s because of all the cost, like shipping fee and labor fee will be higher, thanks for your kind understanding :slight_smile: Happy purchasing !

1 Like

What’s up my overgrow growers! I am bring a good news!

Mars Hydro are now offering our COB led grow lights “Buy ONE Get ONE FREE” promotion! Last around 1 week, if we sold out earlier, it might ends sooner. :green_heart: :green_heart: :green_heart:

Yes, you are right, not buy one light, send one pair of yoyo or a pair of glasses, but buy one COB light, you get two COB light, that means, spend the same amont of money, you get two lights. If you don’t need that much light, get a friend to buy together, and you will just pay around 120USD for each light. :hippy::hippy: Nothing like this before, and might not happen in future. :headbanger::headbanger::headbanger:

:smirk: :smirk: :smirk:
If you DIY the light, what might cost ? ?
A Cree CXB 3590, around 50USD/pc
Meanwell driver: around 30USD/pc
Heatsink: around 30USD/pc
The suppliment Cree and Osram chips: 20USD total
Shipping: 20~30USD total if within your country
Only these, you will need to pay at least around 150~160USD in total

Plus: no ETL certificate, no complete design and some other small components, and handling fees.Because Mars hydro also are losing money to do this promotion, just to make our support growers happy. :smiley:

So let’s see how is the Mars Hydro COB led grow light looks like? :green_heart:

• High Effficiency Cree COB CXB 3590 chip + Cree and Osram red and blue = Give out more light with less energy cost, longer lifespan

-Hanging angle adjustable as well, you can hang the light based on your growing need.

With such a great design and price, what are you still waiting for? Qauntity limited, please don’t hesitate to order now!
:confetti_ball: :confetti_ball: :confetti_ball:

1 Like

Hey, all growers Have you DIY COB before ? If so, could you pls share your experience here ? ? Thank you very much for your sharing in advance ! :relaxed:
@Northern_Loki @GrapeApe @Mr.Sparkle

Today’s indoor show !

4 Likes

My first set of cobs were DIY…cree cxb3590’s 24v ran at 1400 ma if I remember correctly. Used air cooled heatsinks and all this. Was a fun project, but because I am not a gifted person when it comes to…well…much…the end result was pretty gnarly. Worked well…did its job…but what an eyesore. Was happy to sell them (pretty much at cost minus labor) and just buy a pre-made unit.
Some people call me lazy…I’d say I’m busy…but admit I am the master of procrastination and task avoidance.

1 Like

My first DIY LED was a four COB Cree CXB3590 powered by a Meanwell HLG-240H-C1750-B

Here is a link to the build.

2 Likes

Your build beats the ish out of mine…and I didnt have to tap anything or barely solder…lol.

2 Likes

ShiskaberrySavior
14h
My bank charges a fee for providing US currency around 5 /7 dollars a transaction, also the rates vary sometimes on a daily basis ,also depending if your buying or selling it the rates are different !
I guess the biggest reason is if your based in Canada you should accept CDN currency I could see if you didn’t have a warehouse located in Canada to not accept it but if your shipping from Canada to Canadian customers wouldn’t it make sense to take the currency from that country ?

Do China banks not want any other currency other than USD ? I dealt with
http://www.juluen.com.tw/index.php
a few years back and they also only dealt in USD it was a struggle to price lighting accordingly as it all depended on the exchange rates at the time of purchase ,one month the light cost 22.00 CDN a few weeks later it cost 27.00 CDN all depending on the exchange rates when purchased .

Very difficult to quote a price and to find out you’ve lost money due to exchange rate changing ,this example is from a dealers perspective but also how do you explain the difference to the customer when he just purchased it for one price and a week later it’s a different price .

When I sold lighting if I said to the customer oh by the way that’s US currency he’d of told me to take a hike I live in Canada I have Canadian money your importing it charge my CDN funds .
Thought I’d copy paste this from a Dm with pumpkin !

1 Like

Evening, all growers, here are some real situation products photo i find out for you on our COB
Free to leave your ideas below,

1 Like

Good experience sharing, thank you @Tappy May I know how much does it cost in total for your DIY COB ? And how big space it can cover ?

1 Like

Thanks for sharing your experience, it is a very great setup. It looks like cover a 2*4 space, right ?
May I know how much do you cost at the end ? :open_mouth:

1 Like

@Tappy You make me curious, what does it look like, lol

1 Like

@ShiskaberrySavior
I am sorry that we are listing USD currency, but we have to because we are doing international business. Could you
Please tell me which light you need? Then I can count the total cost for you and promise you to give the best price J
I will tell you how to pay USD, please do not worry.
You can PM me or email me at marketing1@mars-hydro.com

1 Like

It was around $100 cdn. each. From what I remember, one of those was supposed to be able to cover 1.5x1.5 or 2x2…I used both in a 2x2x5 tent.

2 Likes

I actually dont have a pic of those ugly things…but I’m still hopeful on your TS1000 giveaway. Would love to do some purple diesel under that thing!!!

1 Like

@Zoey if I was to make a choice
I’d lean towards the SP or TS series of lights white light over the red blue spectrum would be a must .

2 Likes

Yes a 2x4 would work well with this light, I actually have it in a 2x3 cabinet. When I originally built it, it cost me $500 for top bin CXB3590’s. The price on those has dropped considerably since then. The fans could probably be replaced with pin heatsinks dropping the price even further.

3 Likes

@ReikoX
I was walking to the park the other day and found a nickel

11 Likes

That looks like it’s gonna be bright. Nice job.

5 Likes

Evening, all growers ! I have a secret news to tell you, we are now picking the order on our website to ship secret gift randomly. We didn’t make any official notice because this is a bonus. We usually pick from these growers:

• Order over 500USD
  • Using Paypal payment directly
  • Registered on our website.

If you are going to purchase lights these days, maybe just pay more attention to this rules, maybe you will be picked to send the secret gift, who knows. :grin:

2 Likes