Live Chat with Mars Hydro Employee

Hi, Esrgood4u

Thanks for asking,We will share a comparison of Mars Hydro each products here, you can visit another topic “Mars Hydro Latest News

Thank you. My advice to your company would be to employ somebody from an English speaking country to run your advertising or atleast create your content for you. My main turn off from your product is the bad grammar in your adverts and the backwards way of saying things. So for instance “Want Get Rid Of The HPS Heat While Still Get Great Harvest?” What I’ll address first is every word does not need a capital letter to start it off. Secondly the question actually is “Want to get rid of that HPS heat while still getting a great harvest?”

Basically without offending anyone you do not stand out from the bad imitators of your product which is where the bad name is coming from. I can go google LED grow lights or COB grow lights and find atleast 100 results from other Chinese manufacturers that I look at and laugh at. Why? because the grammar isn’t correct and it’s not correct in your target market. So if that’s not correct how likely is it if you can’t do that bit right that your charts are correct for light outputs. Hope that helps you @Zoey

10 Likes

Don’t know why so many Americans are snobs about Chinese products lol. Just because something is USA built doesn’t automatically make it better than somewhere else, usually just means it’s more expensive :stuck_out_tongue:

ts1000 looks like it could be a good “budget” light.

@HaRdRoC I agree. What was the point in a bunch of people paying a monthly fee to still have plenty of companies advertising on the site. IMO mars is one of the better ones. Some of them don’t bring much if anything to the site besides people spamming to win competitions for seeds that only some people are interested in.

@Explorer Hiring someone who can speak proper English would probably raise the price because someone in America would need to be paid 100x what someone elsewhere would. Dunno why grammar would be a deal breaker for a grow light anyways tbh not a metric that really matters. Half the English speaking world doesn’t even know the difference (or care) between their and they’re so it might not matter that much to most people.

8 Likes

Well being as most things made in china are shit, ie. Bad sheetrock, baby formula with gypsum in it, steel that is so porous you can’t do shit withit, in my industry we cannot use any gear made in china because of the lack of manufacturing standards and the stuff failing at 1/4 it’s published capacity. The bad grammar makes one think of the Nigerian money scams. If you can’t even get an advertisement right then how are you going to build something right. This guy can say all he wants about quality control but history with Chinese quality control says it’s nonexistent

7 Likes

Don’t know why . Well you’re saying you would put all faith in the numbers when the letters aren’t correct? I agree not every single person will care but I do as I feel if that isn’t correct when it’s aimed at that target market how much work has really gone into creating the charts of amazing results. But hey ho

You’re also trying to tell me that nobody in China can speak English bare in mind that’s half the worlds second language it really doesn’t cost much the guy could go on fiverr for spellcheck if he really needed to ffs they sell lights at nearly $1,000 dollars similar to spectrum king prices but can’t afford $5 on a spellcheck :rofl:

Also I’m not a snob nor American and when it comes to Chinese products I’m not that naive to think half my house doesn’t come from China the point isn’t about it being Chinese so let’s not get on that wave length it’s about information being correct. Have you not heard the saying “poor planning leads to piss poor performance”

amen @Daytripr69 I’m not trying to hate on the product he asked for advice and I gave it.

4 Likes

@HaRdRoC, @neogitus
For your information, in past months we were successful to cover half of the monthly costs by member donations. We definitely don’t want to clutter the site with banners, etc. I hate aggressive marketing, that is why we keep advertisement only in #sponsored section.

That can be easily solved! You can opt-out from particular topics or even all sponsored topics…

9 Likes

Hi, Explorer

Thank you very much, very useful advice, we will let our marketing team to know about it:):slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve not actually taken a look at your official website but I imagine I’d have a field day :joy: As a non-English company you could use a guy just to say yes that sounds ok because I imagine a lot of the bad English is probably google translate as a lot of stuff it comes out with into English does not make sense most of the time. Or the way other countries says things doesn’t necessarily translate properly.

Honestly would suggest hiring somebody like how much can somebody sat on their backside all day occasionally having to do some spellchecking of text or images cost to hire? It’s not like a you HAVE to but I’m damn sure as a promoter you understand that your target market understanding what you’re putting out is important. I appreciate that you have actually took my advice on board rather than thinking I’m somehow having a dig at China when I actually speak to ECER on a somewhat regular basis I love the cheap stuff :rofl:

6 Likes

Been using a mars hydro 600w led for a little over a year. It’s not to shabby

6 Likes

There web site actually is informative looks like the CDN warehouse is in Richmond they have a drop down currency tab for several countries,shipping to Canada is reasonable around 10 dollars.

States coverage areas and type of diodes that are used ,at the outlet consumption of power of the lights . grammar is pretty decent a few small mistakes here and there for the most part above average for a China based company.

As stated they have been around for years making led lighting you’d think in this time frame they have got the bugs worked out of them by now !

Multiple discount percentages should be a higher in my opinion a couple 3 percent isn’t much of a incentive when looking at a dozen lights

Nice to see they’ve got away from the burple light output that most are trying to flog ,don’t see much on UV diodes if they actually incorporate them into the lights? Like the idea of no fans as I’ve found them to be a trouble item along with a noise issue .

4 Likes

Actually it DOES. US made products last years, not weeks to months. That said EU made products are quality normally. You get what you pay for

2 Likes

Depending on the timing of the contest, it might be possible I could do a side x side comparison.
A 600w hps hortilux bulb, air cooled, with 1/4" lense compared to your 600w LED.
Same size tents, same everything. Nutes, medium, pots.

4 Likes

Ok, my bad for not understanding what you ment in your email, by being solely run by members.

Since there will in fact be companies here, I would like to make a suggestion. We should REALLY try to get Black Dog Led on board here. Imho, they are the best led’s out there. They are growers, that made their led’s and also use them and document their grows on YouTube. They do experiments with all the lights they have and show you it all on you tube. Check 'em out.

6 Likes

Not gonna see, waste of time

3 Likes

I’ve got a half dozen dinosaurs, well they’re adjustable anyway.

2 Likes

It would be great to see side by side comparison… and also to see other factors besides produced weight like temperature / generated heat, bud density and resin / frostiness … (seems like overkill but does anyone measure terpenes nowadays? :slight_smile: )

5 Likes

Need to step up into the 21 century some day.
Something to run cooler but stand up to an hps.

4 Likes

Just got thru breaking in the backdoor at RIU they’re saying ain’t no way led better than hps?
It has its benefits thou if needed less heat would be nice.
Although it ain’t too bad with 2 fans going and blowing the heat out.

1 Like

Honestly, the 900 Platinum led I’m running with 3 oscillating fans and a 360 cm fan pumping air outside, still hitting 90’s. Air cooled 1000 hps ran cooler with just 1 oscillating fan.

4 Likes

what do you know 20 chars

5 Likes