MadScientist's 1st Annual 16oz Clone Contest 📣

Update. They started flowering. I’m not growing any more tall ass solos. Lol. NL clones banging along. Funky fukers.

Sis

Hit it with a sprinkle of Dr Earth before flower to bring the green back. Later y’all.
-J

10 Likes

Drinking lots now. Watering 3 times a day!

18 Likes

Party cups are full time jobs lol.
Wait till flower lol, looks great man

9 Likes

I know what you mean. Trying to keep these roots healthy. I am updating again today so nobody thinks I have swapped plants at some point Growth has exploded since the flip and I have to limit stretch for the cabinet.

14 Likes

so almost everyone’s clones are bigger than the seed 16ozers?

:thinking:

:evergreen_tree:

7 Likes

Seems to be that way. Mine certainly is.

4 Likes

I’m wondering about the confinement placing a stress condition on the tap-root of a seed-plant vs. a clone is free of that particular element. :nerd:

@Mr.Sparkle any thoughts ?

4 Likes

mmmm they both react similar in that they only can support so much with root mass they have, like something i’ll predict is that even if the clones are bigger, they wont produce more bud than an equally size root mass seeded plant, when everything is comparable they will just be the same at the end yield wise.

But will say the tap root does seemed to help direct what the plant does, where as a clone like you say its really just throwing roots free of that control element, as clones don’t have the same feedback imo.

like a clone will raceout to occupy all the root space and light it can get but will come to a screeching halt once it runs out of root space, where as a seeded plant kinda holds back the plant cause it senses that it has hit limited root space.

Mind you could just be talking crap, but thats been my observation and thought on it

10 Likes

13 Likes

Here’s my little 12 n 12 from root hehehe

16 Likes

Flipped last night. Hempy coco.

Nice Lemon Butter by Cannarado.

Didn’t switch to the backup. Recovered this one.

Sci :robot:

11 Likes

Flippin’ her today…

Front view:

Profile view:

16 Likes

Hope its better than his nl1/nl5 that’s all I can say

1 Like

Daaaang, gonna be a monster, have fun watering that 4 or 5x a day hehehe

6 Likes

Hey you guys don’t mind if I harvest a little early do you? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

12 Likes

Isnt it they finish when they finish, I dont even remember offhand what day we had to flip by(already did a few weeks ago with mine)

Haha wow I must be baked just dawned on me after I posted this.

4 Likes

I think I seen that somewhere.

2 Likes

Hell no. You already know. If you got a 4ft.clone in a solo holler at me. Also it depends on your plants and lighting. I watered once a day. Alot of factors play into size ect. Old school use of thought use to be a ft. per gallon. (Fucking auto correct.) In the end yall know pot size is going fo affect yield. Anyways this is my last solo comp deal. I know I can do it and now I know how small or big I can go. Good luck everyone.

We’re going by weight as well? Hope yall didnt pick boutique strains that dont yield for shit.

4 Likes

Jar jar binks? Sorry you lost me here :smile:

6 Likes

How am I to tell if you got a thumb on your scale from here? lol

5 Likes