Magic Spirit Seed Company Mexican Melon, Bodhi Black Triangle and Lucky Dog Chem Fuego

I always forget the full garden shot!!

Right now, I have them kind of bunched together underneath the big light. As they start to stretch and get bushy, I’ll spread them out and turn on the second light. I’m just really trying to keep our power consumption down as much as possible. Between the grow and the pool pump and it being so fucking hot that we have to run the AC pretty much from 9am until 9pm, whether I’m growing or not, our power bill is going to be massive. Plus, we just got that Tesla, plugging that thing in once every ten days isn’t helping, either.

I really wish I could grow outside… But inside’s pretty cool, too haha!

20 Likes

Awesome grow man I hope those chem turn out really intrested.

5 Likes

Just the Chems? What? You don’t give a shit about the rest of my plants?

Just kidding. Thanks, dude. I’m sure they’ll turn out great.

10 Likes

Not sure how I wasn’t following this thread from the beginning, but I have my chair pulled up now. Just in time for the good stuff. :grin:

2 Likes

Welcome, dude! Yeah, just in time. I usually only post pics once every two weeks, at least in the beginning of flower, but I’ve been considering taking some pics next time I water, just because they’re looking really good. The Mexican Melon #2 in particular is just loaded with bud sites. Getting pretty stoked, for sure.

6 Likes

Alright, so here’s the Mexican Melon #2, flower day 6:

I’m so in love with this plant. There’s just so many bud sites. I really think that maybe working out plants and training them so that they have three tops might be a way to go. I mean, I didn’t have anything to do with the three tops (other than topping her once), that’s just the way she grew, but still… I’m digging the way she looks. Definitely gonna have to stake and tie her at some point during this grow, but I’ll wait until she’s done stretching to see just how much I’ll have to do. Maybe I won’t end up having to do anything. Maybe.

And here’s the Black Triangle #4:

Big-time bummer. Even though this admission makes me look like a “bad grower,” I actually didn’t even notice the male flowers when I was watering earlier today haha! It wasn’t until I started labeling the plant pics that I noticed them and was like,“What the fuck?” Went into the grow room and pulled that fucker out of there right away. So now we’re down to two Black Triangles. Damnit…

Anyway, everything else is just doing their thing. I’m pretty sure all of the rest are females haha. I took pics of the other plants, too, but there’s no point in posting them. They’re only just now getting their stretch on, not too much to see. When I pulled the Chem Fuego #4 out of the tent to water, I picked up on a big-time burnt rubber smell, which was cool. But we’ve still got a long way to go…

21 Likes

I think I forgot to mention this anywhere online. But I had a bunch of friends review my schism… Everyone posted about potency, everyone noted the actual flavor you got from taking a bowl hit. Mind you, my friends smoked with completely unbiased ppl, and I was there to witness without them knowing I was “the guy”. So I’d imagine that Fuego will echo that!

Based off of strength and yield, I am forever fan of lucky dog seeds. I would buy so many more seeds from them if it wasn’t for Big Shoe under-cutting the price everywhere else has them for… but Shoe is on hiatus

7 Likes

Schism is that TITS/91 Chem cross, right? And TITS is some kind of GSC cross, yeah? I’m sure I’ve already mentioned this to you, because I rant about this every chance I get, but I fucking hate anything GSC-related. I believe yours turned out good, though. I’m getting the feeling that maybe that Chem bx male that Skunk Va’s using might dominate any cross, as far as potency is concerned. And I only say that based on grow logs and IG posts I’ve seen. I dunno. But I definitely do have high hopes for the Chem Fuegos. And everything else, too haha.

Why wouldn’t you buy them from Shoe? Especially if he’s selling them for cheaper than everybody else? I’d already bought a shitload of the Lucky Dog seeds from speakeasy for like $160 a pack. Saw them later for way cheaper at headie’s. If I hadn’t already bought a bunch from speakeasy, I would’ve been all over those.

7 Likes

My Chem Fuego and Dog Patch packs showed up today. I also have some packs of NYC Chem F2 from Top Dawg that should be fun to compare with the Dog Patch from Lucky Dog. Everything is looking nice in here. No bueno on the rooster in the hen house haha. Positive vibes…

~nugzz

6 Likes

Sweet! You getting everything cleaned up? Almost ready to start growing again?

Yeah, I’ve been thinking about doing a little “comparison grow” in the next year or so. Got a pack each of Top Dawg’s Sour Creme and Sour 2018 (both are Sour Diesel crosses), a couple packs of Shoreline’s ECSD bx3, just got Doc D’s Sour Diesel xAfPak in the mail and, of course, like almost three packs of Karma’s Headbanger, too. Thought it might be kinda cool to do a side-by-side (by side-by-side-by-side) comparison and see what we end up with. At the same time, I like a lot of variety, so I dunno… I don’t wanna end up with a bunch of shitty “Sour Diesel” crosses all at the same time haha!!

10 Likes

I 100% agree. I even posted pics and talked to SkunkVA on instagram. He concurred that all of mine where Chem-dominant. To which… I thought so myself; ex. Not the “prettiest”, darker green leaves, faded to purple-ish/burnt, heavy chemical gas (no sweetness), above-average yield, etc

I may have worded that weirdly. What I was saying was: I will only buy Lucky Dog from Shoe! Hell, I mostly shop @ headies for all my gear. So yeah, we agree on that point haha

7 Likes

That sounds good to me. I’m hoping the Chem Fuegos turn out like that, with maybe some sour notes, too. Not a big fan of those “sweet” flavors.

8 Likes

Can I ask where you picked those up at? I’d love to find a pack of Headbanger. And I’ve ran the chem fuego, and I just germed 6 more seeds. Definitely not a sweet chem. More of a skunky/acrid chem. One pheno had a lot of headband influence.

5 Likes

Did you find any of the fast phenos

3 Likes

If you’re asking me, all of the chem fuegos I have ran have taken like 65-70 days.

5 Likes

I got them from Attitude, think it was last June or July. I just checked, they don’t have them right now, but I think they restock them pretty regularly. I know somebody else, think it was grohio, asked me the same thing not too long ago and he was able to score a pack.

4 Likes

Loving the show, beautiful plants.
Great selection too.

3 Likes

There’s a pheno that finish around 60ish or a little less. My buddy did a cpl crosses with a chem fuego male…they were pretty fast for a chem

5 Likes

Thanks, dude!

I’ve seen Skunk Va mention a seven-week pheno. I actually hope mine take at least nine weeks, if not longer, just because I’ve yet to grow anything that finishes super-quick that didn’t have a lazy-type high. Even Bodhi’s Apollo 11 f4’s, which finished in 49 days, had a pretty laid-back high, despite the fact that they’re supposedly Sativa-leaning.

8 Likes

Cool, thanks man! I’ll start checking there more regularly. I’d take a pack or three myself lol. Feel free to message me if you happen to see them available. :v:

To stay on topic here, I put 12 Swamp Magic seeds from Doc in water. I need to see how many are above ground, but I think it is like 10-11.

3 Likes