Mars Hydro refuses warranty

Your move @Zoey

4 Likes

Damn @Northern_Loki, you sound like a lawyer :smile:

Where have you been through all of this?
Lurking? :laughing:

6 Likes

Very true on several levels…
plus, isn’t the light still working, but has a few burnt out diodes?
It would still be a serviceable light with a few less lumens…

So many sides,… better take a moment to smell the flowers :tulip:
Or smoke a bowl :relieved:

4 Likes

Why do you folks waster time with these crooks. Mars hydro is nothing but a con show. They fucked me too

10 Likes

It appears that the Mars-Hydro business model may need an update regarding customer satisfaction. I don’t know about your distribution structure, but I’d suggest that you try to keep your customers happy, and if it becomes a problem financially for you there are probably deeper problems to search out and fix.
IE does the boss drive a Bentley?

Fixing company problems may be well above your pay grade…

5 Likes

Damn, I can only imagine the amount of potential customers reading this thread and vowing to never purchase anything from mars hydro! While, in this situation I would have probably never even contacted mars because the light is still usable. But, if i was to contact them over the issue I would have expected them to take care of it based on the warranty literature on their website. That being said, i have 2 very expensive kind l300 led lights. I paid 600 bucks each for them. The first one i purchased a driver went out on it almost 2 years in service. I called kind wanting to purchase a light cluster from them. The rep informed me that the whole light cluster went out due to a driver and not all the bulbs in the cluster going bad(makes sense). The rep told me to send the light in for repair. I explained that i needed the light as it was still serviceable and it was my only flower light at the time. So, she sent me a driver free of charge express shipping. Thats the way a company should take care of a customer. If i wanted another blurple light i would go with kind! But, im gonna be moving to white light leds in the future. @Zoey. Good luck gaining and keeping customers with your current attitude towards your products and customers.

14 Likes

To say if you do one warranty would equal hundreds of others kind of says you know there is hundreds of customers with the same issue

6 Likes

My thought too with the volume mars ships and manufactures it probably could have been at his door for 20 bucks and would have been more than worth the 20 bucks to have someone on here saying how great they handled a problem…I also don’t want to see a sponsor run off

5 Likes

Someone none official selling our items for cheap = you sold off a lot of old/defective lot of lights to a reseller for less than wholesale market cause the buyer knew they were b stock quality then intern sells them unofficially with no warranty so that you don’t have to deal with repairing the junk…

7 Likes

Someone had to open this can of worms, other web sites have had there share with the older Mars II LEDs also.I bought mine over 4 yrs ago so I am shit out of luck, like I said I only used it for one photo grow and put it away , I went to run another grow with it last year and the diodes were buring out a few at a time so it was the diodes in my case, Now it is a Giant Paperweight in a box on a shelf . At the time I was told but a Rep who is no longer with the company she was sending out parts but never happened, Oh well My fault for not following up .
But be careful guys …

I am not even going to repair it to have them burn out again, why bother ?

6 Likes

But you can use the case and hardware to build one yourself :smile:

6 Likes

Yes I have been talking about that for a while but I am not sure on what the output on drivers are and just how many strips each driver power.
I believe my Mars 1600 has 5 drivers but I have never opened it up to see, this was what I read a few yrs ago.

7 Likes

I second this. Anyone that’s got the old 600w meizhi lights. You can rip both drivers out and run around 109.2w of bridgelux eb gen 2 strips off each driver.

That’s 4 of the 1120mm strips on each driver for 220w :sunglasses:

8 Likes

Open her up and tell me stiggy im intrigued

5 Likes

GrowMau5 has some good videos on youtube that explain driver selection and other educational stuff for building your own custom lights… I think he explains it all really well.

5 Likes

@MichiGreen You guys are pushing me so badly, @DatDamDog if you don’t buy from us, it hard to tell if its the ours or not. Thus we cannot provide him a free warranty, this is the biggest disadvantage to not buy from official, i bet every company does this.

@DatDamDog Giveaway is totally different from this, the reason we do a giveaway is to show more members how’s our item with a honest review.

Then why sell to unofficial?

7 Likes

You should probably atleast update your warranty rules on your website to state what you claim in here… you wont have to deal with a shit storm (of 100% legit complaints) if it is actually explained in the warranty information. As it sits you’re a company with a pissed off customer who is pissed off due to your lack of explanation on the website and the way you continually change your own rules to avoid sending 1 dollar worth of LEDs. All you have accomplished is another black mark against your brand.

12 Likes

The best advice I can give you… look up “vortex optics” and research their warranty program… they are a budget minded scope/binocular brand with reasonable quality products. Their warranty program is the sole reason their company is as successful as they are.

6 Likes