Mars Hydro refuses warranty

That was not your policy when I bought the product

1. LED burnt out: It will not influence the other bulbs as each of our led bulbs has it’s own protective diode. We will send new replacement diodes, or simply send the light to our repair center and we will professional replace the LED’s.

https://web.archive.org/web/20170606223407/https://www.mars-hydro.com/warranty

3 Likes

We never said we won’t help customer fix problem, the rule is, for a free warranty, we only help customer buy from our official sales channel. Otherwise, its meaningless to distinguish the difference buy from official.

Yes you did say you won’t help. Scroll up - send me the nodes 15 of them and then I can give this light to someone who needs it since I’m getting a light that mars can never make.

Don’t make it difficult. It’s your fault they died due to your building skills. So just need them replaced

I stand corrected @DatDamDog… their web site currently states…

MARS HYDRO PREMIUM WARRANTY
We follow strict development guidelines and quality standards and we fully stand behind our products. If you ever do have any issue with your unit we will resolve it quickly with our unbeatable customer service. We offer a 3 year extensive warranty on every grow light we carry. Buy with confidence,buy Mars Hydro.

found at mars-hydro.com/mars-hydro-warranty.
with a flow chart regarding how to remedy a warranty claim… says to contact “solutions@mars-hydro.com”, and NOT the seller.

It doesn’t mention proof of purchase so they must be able to determine the manufacture date from the serial number of the unit…

So… it goes back to the question of whether to hold the Mars rep hostage regarding your crappy light that they don’t make anymore…

@Zoey - wouldn’t this have been easier to just send him a fucking light? Jesus, it’s not like you don’t have a bunch of lights sitting around or being used as demo models…

11 Likes

Thanks for reading it.

They want to play hard ball.  

I have nothing better to do with my life besides sit in my house and keep messaging Mars. :slight_smile:

. It’s something to do when I’m on the shitter

3 Likes

This is the policy you found on our official website, the contact info. will be us, because we are the seller, lol. If you buy from Ebay, the contact info. will be different.

1 Like

It’s your warranty for your lights! Wow you just like to bury yourself more.

1 Like

Legally I’m in the right.

1 Like

Or you going to stand by your product and either fix and replace it? Or we can chat about this every day - on other forums as well.

Pls kindly understand that we cannot send him a replacement for free, because he is not buy from our official channel.

If each of customer buy from non-official, we help to cover it when there is a problem, then it’s will be very unfair for our official wholesale partners, they work hard, trust us, make something good for us, taking good care of their customers. Now, someone non-official selling our items cheap, without service, putting bad reputation on us. I am sorry, we cannot provide a free warranty for him.

2 Likes

You built a shitty light. Not the sellers problem. He didn’t make the light.

You’re scamming me and it’s not cool.

4 Likes

We are able to send you a replacement, the only way is to fix it. But you need to pay for the charge, because you are not buy from our official. If you can take it, then i will caculate a detailed fee for you.

1 Like

What charge am I paying for?

1 Like

You guys are horrible. I will enjoy my new light from OG and never get scammed again!

I suggest people do the same. Why pay a company for shit when you can make the best for a fraction of the price. (I’m just glad I have professionals doing it for me). Everyone should go this route. Why buy lighting that is over rated because of the name.

2 Likes

Maybe MarsHydro should have a standard warranty fee (part of the purchase price) for all units that leave your facility. That would apply to ALL products sold to ANYONE regardless of whether they are an “official channel”.

Maybe you can offer to your boss to figure out what that number should be for each of your products? Then you won’t be stuck in tough situations where you can’t do what’s necessary to keep your customers happy.

Also, your web site does not differentiate regarding who the product was bought from, OR require a proof of purchase as part of the warranty process. (OR product registration…) I was trying to help you,dude, but you’re not making it easy.

What if you just send @DatDamDog a package of 20 diodes appropriate for that light, and he can have one of the guys on here replace them on the lamp? So easy, but you’ve turned it into a battle…

4 Likes

Two ways to solve your lights issue, one is you ship the item to our repair center for a repair, two is we send diodes to you, you repair by yourself. First you need to pay the shipping fee and repair fee, two is you need to pay the shipping fee and diodes fee.

1 Like

Dude, you are so stubborn and hard to reach…

@DatDamDog, go get 'em boy! Sic 'em!!
Woof ! :laughing:

8 Likes

diodes Free since it’s your fault that they burned out.

1 Like

Free shipping as well, just for making me message you al day. When this could of been solved a long time ago.

5 Likes

I can see that you want to help us solve the problem, i am very appreciate that. But I want to make it clear why we cannot provide a free warranty.

How to know if its official? If you buy from an official channel, then its an official. If not, then it’s very hard to say.

Each repair fee displayed under warranty policy,

2 Likes