Mass Medical Strains

I grew out Fish Eye OG, Star Pupil, and Pupil Magoo. One of the Pupil Magoo was pretty much Blue Magoo and I made seeds with it and Blueberry F5 that turned out nice sturdy plants. The fussiest plants I’ve ever seen.

I’m a medical user for multi-systemic issues there’s nothing there IMO. I don’t care about the drama and fighting, it seems like a rap beef, everyone makes money off of it. I haven’t found any medical benefits in any of his work. People manage to get some nice things breeding with his gear though, i think because other cultivars walk all over and dominate out a lot of his bag appeal traits.

6 Likes

One rumor is that Star Pupil is Buckeye Purple from Melvanetics. I think the Professor P stuff is about the Blue Magoo work and maybe something else. I’ve gotten nasty IG messages from both sides of it for just growing plants in my tents. The Acapulco Gold thing was probably the shadiest of it.

9 Likes

Order a pack of Sail Hatan, colab between Bodhi and MMS.

Think they were fem, but it was a gorgeous plant.

I never go the whole story of the gold. and I just looked at the buckeye. the color is right but thoses look way stouter than mine did. maybe a cross?

1 Like

The AG basically I think it breaks down to he was trying to sell something that was supposed to be shared. It’s all just a little too much silliness. If I had found keepers, I’d probably still grow their gear, but all of it definitely dissuaded me from looking further.

3 Likes

Green Bodhi not the Bodhi everyone on here talks about. 2 different people

9 Likes

I love bodhi too but he isn’t exactly a biologist either. Bodhi gear is much best value in my opinion at 60 vs 125. plus greatlakegentics has buy 2 get a 3rd special for the same price as mms 7 fem beans.

3 Likes

Growing seeds from a pack, picking a female/pollen donor, and chucking pollen does not make a collaboration…

Also, it seems you might be mistaking Green Bodhi for Bodhi (plantmoreseeds). MMS has used several Bodhi strains in his crosses, but none have been collaborations. I believe MMS and Green Bodhi have an actual collaboration.

4 Likes

Really wish Green Bodhi had chosen another name for that company. Makes it damn near impossible for me to sort through all the GLG promos in my email…I search by “Bodhi” and get bunch of irrelevant stuff that only mentions Green Bodhi

Kinda strikes me as a “Dumb Starbucks” type of thing and rubs me the wrong way.

4 Likes

I’m with ya on that. What’s worse is when people start talking about bad experiences they’ve had with “Bodhi” or “Bodhi seeds” and it’s only sometime later that you figure out they’re referring to Green Bodhi when they finally mention a strain/lineage.

Green Bodhi rubs me the wrong way in the same way that MMS does. They both just feel like snake oil salesmen. Of the two, Green Bodhi might be worse because he paints himself as a humble charitable person–in the same way many “churchy, religious” people I’ve known over the years behave piously at church but are despicable people in their everyday lives. Similarly, MMS portrays himself as being a positive person who is a knowledgeable teacher helping new growers. I guess it’s easy to appear positive and knowledgeable when you block anyone who asks a difficult question, points out a contradiction, or corrects you.

15 Likes

I hear ya on the green Bodhi thing dude. Dude is a real toxic force in the Oregon cannabis scene. Talks high and mighty and spiritual but shady as hell and definitely does not spread love and light in his personal and business lives to say the least. Also likes to threaten litigation against anyone who calls him on his bs.

8 Likes

One thing I want to add. I’ve got odd health issues, it’s difficult finding cultivars that do anything. If something from MMS or any of the other drama-centric seed makers had provided symptom relief and resolution, I wouldn’t care about any of their nonsense and probably wouldn’t shut up about that specific plant, just didn’t work out like that. I am against punishing my garden because of breeder shenanigans.

I guess even an ass hat could potentially make a unicorn shrug

5 Likes

I grew out a pack of his Indigo Pupil, Platinum Swabi, Putang.

Indigo pupil was mostly unstable in all the phenos, completely real purple, fat buds that had a slight lemon church smell to it. Clear headed indica dom hybrid. Not life changing as the description describes. All 3 females were across the board Meh. Touchy plants to grow. They had a very unique smell throughout veg that was very seductive. Looked amazing, but smoked just alright.

Platinum Swabi was the most unique plant I grew in the garden this winter. Super bright, sharp lemony terp. Very unique. Doesn’t bud up fat or dense, but beautiful black fox taily buds. The high is uniquely UP and strong. Doesn’t drive like a modern day hybrid. 90/10 sativa leaning. Stretched 3x. I’m gonna keep this one around.

Putang was an absolutely beautiful pant to grow. Very stable like the swabi. Spears of rich tangie smell thats pink/purple. Not particularly strong high, but extremely terpy and beautiful. Not life changing shit, but had the most Exotic terps in the garden. Gonna feed it nutes this time to see if gets any stronger.

Microbes and water only in 3 gallons of soil. I put them outside on new years. Finished in 8-10 weeks. Only getting about 6 hours of sun a day where I am.

15 Likes

Chemdawg is just someones bagseed from the 90’s. Breeding is funny like that.

4 Likes

it looks like you did great work even on the ones that didn’t meet your standards!

1 Like

I don"t know much about MMS other than what people murmur online, and my own opinions of him going back-&-forth with people in the Bodhi thread on riu. However, I’m friendly with the guy Respect Genetics on IG (i.e guy who makes the JBC freebies). He threw me an old cross from his fridge (Grape Pupil x Goji og)… told me he never released them because he more or less changed his opinion of mms, so he sat on em. I say all that to say: that’s what led me here, just doing my due diligence. I wanted to pop them to show respect to Respect, because he said he believes they’d be fire, but it seems like everywhere I go mms name carrys some “baggage”.

Still, it was nice to read some new testimonies here. Heard some murmurs I haven’t previously heard.

8 Likes

Not testing is why you breed herms. Reversing doesn’t inherently cause it in a line.

2 Likes

Hey so I am doing the TK project right now so I don’t have the time. With my order I got 2 free MMS fem half packs. 1deadly sativa x swabi and 1 5 star. All I am asking is shipping and if you make seeds to send me some back to give out. Trust level 2 minimum please

7 Likes

I would be interested in those! :slight_smile: The 5 star would be awesome!

2 Likes

pm me and you got them. if you are more into the 5 star do you mine if I split the last 3 fems of deadly to someone else.

6 Likes