Maui Wowie : Cherrybomb

The stacking pineapple garden is working out well. I treat many of my Sativa like I do raspberry or maybe even my mints and I will bury the long stem if stretching; I think this helps the sativa honestly but I have not a factual piece of evidence to support it. My Oaxacan reacts positively to stresses. Even extreme ones.

You can see the reddening from temperature effects and also wet feet. I water these really well and keep them moistened as in the tropics it is rainfall that works I think. That is also where I made a mistake in the beginning. Rainfall; has no where near the same influence on the roots of my plants as my choice of sub - irrigation. So I am also changing this going forward.

11 Likes

WOW!!! very good thread and lots to see here thanks for sharing it all with us :slight_smile:

your pineapple plants in great with its little pineapple

all the best and be safe

Dequilo

3 Likes

Thank you my friend! I am happy 2 share

I am hoping the pineapple catches soon; usually will use a more course and sandy mix as they like water up top and are really drought tolerant almost like a cactus. Doesn’t seem to enjoy the blend I made so I may need to improvise but we shall wait and see…

Hope u are having a good start 2 the weekend.

Peace!

3 Likes

Hey everyone ; sorry for the lack of updates everything is still kush - just been going through some troubles is all.

1. re-pot first selected seedlings with PH imbalance

1. watch seed outside 12/12 for sativa variety

These endured some minor storm. 35 mph wind - as part of my process involves natural selection ;

8 Likes

I was out in the storm to capture some slow motion video of my plants that are left outside for character building -

When inspecting the OHELLO berry corner ; we find a new visitor. This brings happiness if I could explain it - I didn’t notice the thing until I was filming the ohello berry.

8 Likes

7 Likes

cut of Oaxacan and put it next to my favorite Maui Select. Think maybe they will become friends and the Oaxacan will tell stories of haze smugglers past

14 Likes

Morning OG - hopeful everyone is good and safe. I have built some energies to pick the camera up and do some more postings this weekend I hope you will enjoy them!

I found some males in this MWCB thing here and it led me to do some investigating. Also took a cut of the pretty one, mostly sativa looking one (as sativa as it can get u know). It seems quite a bit of people have males popping up here and my deduction is that it was a cross with another strain: making it an “ Aloha OG”. Pretty cool. This Also led me to put the last few seed down just for the journal… want 2 see flowers you know…

Does anyone know if the Shiskaberry mixed pack is also reg seed?

I don’t think I will be finding lightning bolts of truth in these seed here but that’s ok

4 Likes

We are glad to see you back!

2 Likes

Love your posts, and local sourcing for your soil. Bummer living there and not being able to source ‘local’ genetics. Heard great things about Maui Wowie in the 80’s…big colorful spears with purple teardrops…is how an old connected friend referred to the look of the buds. I went to Maui 2002 with a half lb. of black hash looking to trade. No luck just haoles with ditchweed, just clamoring for my hash though…I think some were still in 911 fear mode to deal with a middle-aged Canadian tourist though…I have a Mike Brady look, not cool for foreign drug deals, but hey I tried LOL. Good luck this round!!!

3 Likes

Thank you my friend - glad 2 be back here with you guys, honestly

Now to decide which direction we go is the fun part. Out of all the seed I keep 4:

2 unknown whether Maui or Shishkaberry.
1 Maui indica looks with slower growth.
1 Maui Sativa looks with slower growth.

One thing I notice is on the first leaves - this Maui exhibits aggressive (oax looking) first leaves - some which have a nice swooshing to them toward the base.

6 Likes

Big colorful spears is what we chase!

I use what I can to feed the plant and also build some microbiology with each soil - a guy named nature boy wonder inspired my full organic shift as before I would only “kind of” do things here and there.

My plants have a very bright green to them these days. I attribute that to my friend earthworm Jim. I add some exotics to the mix so he has munchies and is stoned like me. The picture here is fresh watered and dressed so the plant is a bit skimpy. But have no fear ! (Fresh pic next post)

8 Likes

8 Likes

It looks very happy. Keep up the good work!
Owe you some likes. Im all out right now.:worried:

2 Likes

Can anyone name my companions? I’ll drop the names here when I get back from coffee -

I believe they help balance nutrition also if I overwater it’s ok I notice they take the brunt of most damages. Believe or not some even take on pests

2 Likes

My companions in full swing

6 Likes

nettles? Parsely? do tell lol

2 Likes

Nettles are highly nutritious also - they are good to grow on the side for making a potent tea as they will consume and store much nutrition you feed it. But their rooting is similar to a spearmint they send runners out and quickly explore any medium you give it. They way they feed are in swampy conditions so it leeches nutrition while the medium is wet leaving the cannabis little on the dryback - this is only my theory on nettle companionship as I haven’t planted them in the same pot before. Alone they are wonderful - like spearmint !

You should check out nettle tea - it is stanky though and handling the nettles can be nasty stingers. They are good source of natural silica ! I think I have some pics of my nettles let me look.

What’s in my pot there is

1. Musk Stork
  2. Chickweed
  3. Earth almonds

Aggressive rooting tubers like earth almond are Introduced after the plant has significant root mass and this is the first time I am trying them in my pots. Will try to eat them after also - check out Yellow Nutsedge

1 Like

Musk Stork’s Bill:

To control things I can simply top dress and smash these down - they will grow through the top dress again slowly; if I don’t need and trace nitrogen I pull them up etc. if they bloom profusely some nutrition will be taken from the other plant but really it is unnoticeable

4 Likes

Interesting that some things, even raspberry, are considered these “weeds” - many are mostly edible right? Also beneficial to health in some way. They have the ability to grow in the most unmanageable/poorly kept places - literally you have to try and kill them. They also multiply by themselves

1 Like