Maui Wowie : Cherrybomb

1980-600x374

inspiration picture of Maui Farming 1980

@Sebring I am very thankful for the mail. I cannot express it in a post so maybe this thread will show my appreciation. Interestingly, Oaxacan is my passion and plays a big role in this here.

I played with many seedlings. Selection for the journal hasn’t showed any cherry pigmentation ;

Another was selected which featured the same quality with exception of a very red cherry stem.

Lighting Bolts on the way.

35 Likes

Also, I don’t want to journal it as closely but will update here & there:

Two Ohello Berry’s on display near my peas.

16 Likes

I will do a weekly thing here. Hopeful someone enjoys as much as I enjoy my time in the mud.

25 Likes

Maui Wowie! Super excited to watch this progress :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Oh wow, this is great! Very informative!
Definitely going to find a spot in the back here

4 Likes

Happy u are joining along my friend - As an artist I want 2 share and hope to inspire something in you maybe. Here is a peek at my Oaxacan flowers. To my pleasent surprise ; this cherrybomb is part Oaxacan. Here a small clip from the seed finder in relation to cherrybomb -

"I can recognize both Mexican and Afghani parents, but it tends to lean towards the Mexican side for sure. Mr G thought there may be Thai in the lineage, but having the BOEL come out and say exactly what the lineage is pretty much clears all speculation on origin. There may have been Thai introduced in the lineage later after BOEL breedings on the Islands, but these do indeed act more like Mexicans compared to these ripping Thai’s we have.

The ton of Oaxacan went to Hawaii. On a beach in Manzanillo, Eddie Padilla held up a spear and said it looked like a lightening bolt due to the frosty flowers glistening in the sun. They called the weed and the boat “Lightning Bolt.” "

*BOEL stands for Brotherhood of Eternal Love

27 Likes

Thank u for the kind words -

I hope you don’t mind if I pull ur chair up to the front 4 u

passes spliff with left hand

3 Likes

Oh no problem, I don’t know what I was thinking :sweat_smile:

Puff puff pass good sir

1 Like

6maui-red-oxidatin426

The idea for crushing up volcanic rock and sub irrigating coco organically came from Maui itself and it’s history of red soil.

I really want to bring out something authentic. There is an old story of really dank sweet potatoes coming off the island of Maui - and if I had to guess it’s where they were hiding some fire.

"On the islands of Kaua’i, O’ahu and Moloka’i, the principal crop was taro – a starchy plant grown in irrigated wetlands where the supply of water was usually abundant.

But on Maui and the Big Island of Hawai’i, the main staple was the sweet potato – a more labor-intensive crop planted in relatively dry fields where success depended on adequate seasonal rainfall."

“strong evidence that the early inhabitants of Kohala had discovered a “sweet spot” of high soil fertility - a swath of land, rich in phosphorus and bases, which received enough precipitation to harvest vast quantities of sweet potatoes.”

So I broke down authentic volcanic rock and amended my soil with it ; keeping in mind the acidity of my situation I amended along with a bunch of good things coming only from the ocean.

32 Likes

Very interesting, thanks for the knowledge drop :v:

6 Likes

I love that you have access too and are using volcanic rock, its perfect for the microbes to live in.

7 Likes

Had to do it, every time I see your title. Hope you enjoy :blush:

3 Likes

Thank u my friend! And absolutely -

She’s looking happy and very Sativa 2 me

2 Likes

Haha wow! Thanks 4 the new jam! Will put it on shortly after this one

2 Likes

17 Likes

#2 was selected from roots & color below the leaves. #1 was selected for the leaves.

Only had a few showing pink pigmentation; this being the one that called 2 me.

10 Likes

Really intrigued with your soil mix, definitely going to follow along!!!

2 Likes

I’ll be watching this one-

1 Like

Adjusting quickly 2 her Lava inspired soil

15 Likes

Happy 2 have u along! It’s a first 4 me on the medium blend. I am trying to think of a cool name - as I name everything I do lol. Maybe ’ MudFire ’ or ’ LavaMud ’ …

2 Likes