Maui Wowie from Pua Mana 'Ohana

The older plants are taking on a purplish tint to the larger leaves. The color did not show in the above photo. I’ll try another shot.

I’m good with 5.
:smiley:

4 Likes

If it looks, smells, and smokes like it… then it must be it! I got lucky and got seeds from a batch of supposed MW flower. They apparently were fertilized right before the crop finished because the potency was unbelievable! The clear headed and energetic high it produced was the best I have ever experienced. The flower showed no signs hermaphroditism so I suspect it may have been another stressed plant that ended up fertilizing it. Either way, I am confident the genetics are solid… I have yet to confirm this. I do believe that MW is high in THCV

5 Likes

They have grown a lot in the past 12 days. Here’s what they looked like a few hours ago. I suspect the 2 tallest ones will be male.

EDIT: Make that 16 days of growth instead of 12.

17 Likes

Nice color on those plants. Very healthy and growing fast. Leaves look a little broad for a sativa IMO.

9 Likes

They look a lot broad for a sativa to me, @ReikoX. If I put them ona diet will the leaves slim down?:confused:

I have given them a dose of MegaCrop.

6 Likes

Probably not, but big girls need love too.

4 Likes

One of the big girls is showing pistils. Time to top and transplant.

10 Likes

Here’s the one that says she is a she.

10 Likes

Hurricane Michael came and went. We were dark for almost 6 days. The plants managed reasonably well in the darkness. One male has shown flowers. The score for the six plants so far: 1 male; 1 female.

12 Likes

While I was getting things back together downstairs this morning I found two more males and two females. Out of the six seedlings that sprouted 3 were female and 3 were males.

I still have to plant the first female, but the top I stuck from it looks like it has rooted. Slowly onward.

9 Likes

They surely looks more like hybrids than pure sat. , judging from the first few sets of leaves, that are quite broad as @ReikoX already said.
Grabbing some junk food and setting myself comfy awaiting updates…
DS

5 Likes

Yes they do. Thanks for stopping in.

5 Likes

i was the one that got all wild and pissed off because i was born and raised on maui and that pau mana guy was lying and trying to use a culture not many really know to try to gain and i promise you that dude was not from hawaii. he clearly spent some time there and he knew some back storys but he was lying out his ass and really disrespected the language and its use’s in doing so.

7 Likes

I wanted to grow these out since I already had them in hand. I don’t have an agenda to prove or disprove. If any of these 3 ladies produces a good buzz that is a bonus.

I’ll get the 3 girls potted up and into flower soon.

i was the one that got all wild and pissed off because i was born and raised on maui
There was more than just you, @Billy. :wink:

9 Likes

my bad man i wasnt directing that at you

1 Like

these leaves look a bit more narrow… doesn’t look like much side branching yet, but its looking like a sativa plant structure

let’s just say the guy had terrible OP sec and it wasn’t hard to discover his name, phone number and address (both hawaiian), e-mail, facebook, even previous university papers literally describing his life story lol. i can’t recall much of the details but he was 100% a caucasian from the east coast who moved to hawaii for school and became super obsessed with the culture.

there’s no doubt the genetics are from hawaii as he’s lived there for 5 or 6 years. maybe he really did meet some oldschool guys, maui isn’t a big island, only 150k people. should be fire at least… curious to see if it’ll taste tropical!! i recall hearing all hawaiian strains have an ‘island’ taste, although that may have been misinfo from pua mana himself lol

4 Likes

I took no offense, @Billy.

1 Like

My curiosity the seed purchase. When all the drama happened I wanted to see what I had in hand.

My plan is to get the females potted up to 3 gallons today. I’ll top and stick the other two females. A mango would be a nice tropical treat.

8 Likes

and you did what the rest of the people wouldnt, you saw past the man for the seeds… and look at what they’re doing

looking real good… I’ve been watching from the start but it’s about time I sat down and enjoyed the show. :popcorn:

Im curious to see how they turn out

8 Likes

You and me both, @toastyjakes.

7 Likes