Meesh's 2019 Outdoor Grow Show

I lightly pruned this whole plant. Botafumeiros

But only the secondary branches on the bottom half of the main branches

3 Likes

You could trim it or lightly bend it so it is horizontal to the ground pointing away from the center of the plant…

Disclaimer: I am not a fan of telling people how to trim or train their plants, especially outdoors, as I have never grown outdoors other than plant it and return 5-6 months later…

4 Likes

Right now, I’m only concerned with if cutting the secondary branches was a good thing or if I should leave them alone. Meaning branches growing on branches… I was kinda tackling it like a tomato plant and cutting off suckers. Best comparison I have.

2 Likes

Removing them shouldn’t be an issue if you want them gone.

This video may help give you an idea as to what you can do with your plant.

4 Likes

Just worried that I’m pruning off good bud sites, but I think the small ones just create that larfy weed that I never want to deal with when trimming, but I’m just not certain.

At the end, I would prefer big buds without any of the scraggly shit.

4 Likes

Also check this out

To see if it would give the results you are looking for.

1 Like

I did it exactly like the dude in the video you just sent. He even called them suckers too! lol Whew!

3 Likes

I was just thinking (I know… yes it hurt) can you imagine how cool it would be to plant a cannabis plant, harvest all the buds and then have it start to grow more buds. That would be AWESOME!!!

:fireworks: :fireworks: :fireworks: :fireworks:

1 Like

I had forgotten all about the gajillion metal t-posts I had in the garage! I was gonna use them to fence off the entire veggie patch from my dog. She ended up learning to stay out on her own while she watched me for hours grueling out there, digging and planting. Anywho, Dad stopped by and we used them to stake all of the plants. Sure glad they were useful cuz they cost me like 4 bucks a piece and I used like 12 of them this time.

The first 3 of @ReikoX fam’s are budding and starting their stretch along with the CO Cookies auto. Candy Dawg ready to follow any minute. I need to get my butt out there and transplant some more auto starters. Another CO Cookies XXL (I’m gonna put this one in the ground in the veggie patch and see how much potential she has without pot limitations) and 2 of Sparkles the fuzz phenos (also in the ground as these don’t get that big, don’t want to bother with expensive potting soil). 3 out of 4 of the next round of Reiko’s fam’s have sprouted. So far that’s 6 out of 7 germ rate. I still haven’t transplanted the CBD fem plant to the 5 gallon and that needs to happen. I also need to start some flower tea for the now budders. Lately all I have done is water, I really need garden time. I think today is the day. It just started to get really hot, so I just haven’t been into it. I think I needed to adjust to the heat first. I’m ready to spend some time today giving it some love.

I believe it’s been 3 weeks since the aspirin foliar. If so, it’s time for another. Plants seem really strong and healthy, not sure if that had anything to do with it, but since it didn’t hurt them, I will continue.

2 Likes

Organic friends… @ReikoX @Tinytuttle @Sebring @Sunvalley @MomOnTheRun etc…

Keeping in mind that I amended all the outdoor beds per the soil test late winter… would it be a good idea to top dress the plants in prep for bud with seabird guano for an extra pk boost? Or should the soil test amendments be enough and I should just LITFA? Was reading some stuff last night for outdoor grows and it mentioned this for mid July. Just don’t know if it applies to me with previous amendments.

2 Likes

IME, the whole point of the soil test is to prevent you from having to guess what the soil needs or is lacking. I would stick with the amendments and schedule you got from them. Otherwise, you are just guessing.
:+1::seedling:

6 Likes

Thanks buddy! Only thing I did was malted barley top dress about 2 months ago. It’s probably ready for another one which is different than any npk amendments correct?

Other than that I will stick to the scheduled drenches per the test then

4 Likes

Yeah, malted barley is mainly enzymes, no major NPK of nutrients.

5 Likes

Bottom leaf on jungle spice. Is this a deficiency starting and what kind? Or possibly from yesterday’s staking? Doesn’t seem to be moving past maybe 3 bottom fans.

DBHP entire branch got too heavy and broke off. Is this giant crater in the stem gonna kill the plant or will it heal? Anything I should put on the boo boo?

3 Likes

Autos
CO Cookies

Candy Dawg

@ReikoX FM 1, 2 and 3

10 Likes

3 auto transplants into the veggie patch
CO Cookies

The fuzz 1 & 2

7 Likes

Charlottes angel cbd transplanted 5 gallon pot

Good Shit

Group shot Fem planters

2nd planter… strawberry diesels

Group shot DBHP, CBW, JS

17 Likes

I was good with this thread when everything was smaller, now I just feel inadequate!

You can add to the first world problems thread in a couple weeks, ‘when you need to prune your cannabis just to see out the window’.

Keep smiling.

14 Likes

Not really. I had a couple of those too.

Older bottom leaves & shaded ones age out & drop off so I’d call it “self-mulching” :joy:

Nice day in the garden. The ones against the house look great… like an espalier or cordon.

:v:

:evergreen_tree:

4 Likes

Haha! Luckily that’s just the garage windows.
Thanks for the love @Pedro and @cannabissequoia. btw your cherry berry white is the biggest one out there now! It decided that it wants to look down on the DBHP…

Oh and a weird fact… DBHP doesn’t bleed anymore. Have you experienced this @MomOnTheRun?

6 Likes