Strawberry Diesel

Good Shit

Jungle Spice

Dragons Blood Hashplant

Cherry Berry White

Charlottes angel cbd

22 Likes

Yes theyā€™ve all grown. :mag: :straight_ruler: :thumbsup:

Probably time for staking on the bigger ones & topping the stretchier ones with sparser nodes.

:persevere: 3-4 months to go!

:evergreen_tree:

4 Likes

Which ones? The strawberry diesels? They are only like 2 feet or so right now

Plants that have already been topped are:
Cherry Berry White
DBHP
JS
Kushage
Holy Punch

Should I do the
Botafumeiros and OG Skunk?

Iā€™m not gonna mess with The Good Shit since itā€™s already like a V shape

5 Likes

Meesch,
Are you growing them all in pots, or some directly in the ground? The Dragonā€™s Blood and Charlottes Angel look great.

2 Likes

All of the photo periods are in the ground except the Charlottes Angel and most of the Autos.
The concrete planters only have concrete around the perimeters, the roots can grow as deep as they want.
A few are in my veggie patch as well

2 Likes

OOH You Guys! I looked back 5 days noticed the Botafumeiros and the OG skunk were still a ways below the garage windows now they are at the windows. Thatā€™s probably a good 6 to 8 inches. WOW!

5 Likes

I wish I could grow outside. Have a great place in the backyard, right along the house, that gets the morning sun, but not ā€œallowedā€ to and I have the Vector people pop in to put mosquito fish in what remains of the pool (too damned expensive to run it and even more to break it down). So I have to stick with pots on a dolly, to hide them when they show up.

4 Likes

Iā€™m fortunate and extremely grateful for it. Although everything has itā€™s price. In my case, itā€™s HUGE yard and tiny itty bitty house. Built in 1948, I have coat closets in the bedrooms. Tragic for a Woman! I have 2 dressers though. lol

3 Likes

Same here, built in 1952 or so. The city will ā€œtolerateā€ indoor, but outdoor is a no no. I could get away with it if it wasnā€™t for Vector Control. Even though they are ā€œcountyā€ I donā€™t know whether they would rat me out to the city. Cā€™est la Vie!

4 Likes

You have time to top her again a couple more timesā€¦promote some bushiness - like the hydra, 1 becomes 2. If it pans out the pink buds could be like a small lilac hedge when it bloomsā€¦ could probably do it with all the photos cutting them back a node or 2 :wink:

4 Likes

Well hmm.

Iā€™d stake every plant, giving support to at least the main stalk. When they get loaded with flower & weight itā€™d be fun to find one laying on the ground. :wink:

Youā€™ll still probably end up giving support to some branches I think.

Iā€™m wondering if next year Iā€™ll have a trellis or double cage(mendo-dope style?). :thinking:

Another reason to act early is root disturbances during flower can cause problems, so Iā€™ve heard.

4 Likes

Pink kush dudeā€¦20 charactersā€¦longā€¦

1 Like

Careful, sometimes light from the windows or street lights are enough to stop flowering

2 Likes

Note to self: Autos in potsā€¦ Candy Dawg and 1st CO Cookies - 30 days from germ, First 3 FAMā€™s - approx 21 days from germ. 2nd CO cookies and 2 The Fuzz - 10 days from germ

Donā€™t feel like sifting all the way back through my thread to figure out how old the 3 budding in the veggie patch are. Iā€™ll wing it on these.

Iā€™m terrible about paying attention to this on my autos then I stress when I have to figure out if they are done.

Also itā€™s Thursday was expecting the last 4 FAMā€™s I planted to show their headsā€¦ Iā€™ll check them again around 4pmā€¦ anytime now.

3 Likes

Never had a problem and I live in the city. :wink: I think the plants know if it isnā€™t a special kind of light. My security lights have never affected them.

3 Likes

I had exactly that problem last year. Couldnā€™t believe it was the cause, a 20 watt lightbulb, 3ā€™ away!
I was growing on my balcony (feminised plants) and one half of plants was flowering like crazy and the other almost nothing. So I moved the IKEA lamp away from the window and all went better, but never caught upā€¦

3 Likes

@Meesh, are your plants mostly sativa/indica?

They look great.

This year I tried 4 autos XXL xtreme from Amsterdam seeds and they look rather weird. One is twice the size of the ā€œmidgetā€ and the midget looks like something stepped on it and it just grows arms and legs and no body

BTW what state are you in? (Never mind LA) just saw it

1 Like

Most of the regs are sativa dom hybrids except Holy Punch which is Indica dom hybrid and the strawberry diesels are pure sativa. Iā€™m a sativa girl, but I threw in a Indica for Dad as I grow for him too. I believe a few of my autos are indica dominant too. The Female Auto Mixes by @ReikoX are for sure.

Weird on your autos. Probably got a funky seed with the midget. I probably would have bitched to Amsterdam seeds for a replacement.

Yeah Iā€™m in Southern Cali

4 Likes

Alright you guys! Iā€™ll top some more. I know youā€™re right and theyā€™ll end up getting too tall and Iā€™ll need a ladder, but a big part of me wants to see 10 foot plants! However, it would probably be a pain in the ass once they were that big.

I canā€™t figure out what to stake these with. Right now all I have are 3 foot bamboo stakes that would probably snap like twigs. Any suggestions? Iā€™ll dig around in the backyard for some metal poles or something. I know I donā€™t have enough to go around though. Maybe a few bamboo stakes tied together for now.

7 Likes

Youā€™ll need 5ā€™ & 6ā€™ stakes(try homeydepot but theyā€™re not cheap, imo). I like plastic because fungi likes raw wood; my bamboo canes were like mold magnets even after sterilizing & torching. :thinking:

FWIW I used hedge shears(like 12" scissors) & just flat-topped one of mine the other day. :sweat_smile: Sure beats pinching 100ā€™s of tops per plant but it feels brutal. Cuz it is. :sunglasses:

Iā€™m also assuming that weā€™ve got at least 3 weeks before the earliest ones start to flower. Once youā€™re a week away or into flower then leave the tops alone but feel free to prune away the lower 1/3 of any branch, any leaves that get zero light & inward facing fan leaves(thatā€™s my current thinking anyway :blush:).

9 Likes