Meesh's 2019 Outdoor Grow Show

OOH! I’m jealous! Make sure you do a grow log for her

4 Likes

Will do.

No need to be jealous for long, at that price!!

1 Like

True that! Knowing me, I’ll start ordering seeds now and I can’t even start them for 6 months. lol

1 Like

Hahaha!

$15.89 USD. It’s a no-brainer. :grin:

The Flying Dutchmen store opened her doors in 1998, retailing top quality cannabis genetics ever since. Before opening a retail outlet, Eddie (the founder of TFD) had been working behind the scenes with this beautiful plant for many years. What started 35 years ago as research for personal knowledge blossomed into a professional, genetics wholesale business by 1984.

Eddie worked directly with the Skunkman who had come over from the States, bringing with him many landrace and pure breeding strains, including the very first Skunk#1. Together they introduced many new hybrids during the early 80’s.

In order to find exceptional parental stock, tens of thousands of each strain were grown out in greenhouses, the best were selected and maintained. These best plants were inbred until the strain was considered stable or pure breeding. Crosses between two stable varieties are known as F1 hybrids.

Most of our stock consist of F1 hybrids with some notable exceptions. The Original Skunk#1 (a.k.a The Pure) and the Original Haze are stable true breeding hybrids, Pineapple Punch (The Real McCoy x Skunk#1) is a F1 hybrid backcrossed with its father.

All our strains are organically grown under exacting conditions to ensure genetic uniformity. Germination tests are carried out every three months to ensure a germination rate of 90%-100%. Yields are subject to the conditions under which our products are grown.

3 Likes

You gonna try for the Original Skunk as well It’s probably dirt cheap too. The taste is amazing strong skunk with citrus overtones. I absolutely love the giggly happy high too! As far as a high goes, just so damn pleasant!

2 Likes

Honestly don’t know the difference between Skunk #1 and Original Skunk.

#1” sounds pretty “original” to me. :neutral_face:

1 Like

Hmm… Not sure if it’s the same, although it sure sounds like it.

Leafly doesn’t have an entry for “Original Skunk” (not that Leafly is the Gospel), but it does have this to say about Skunk No. 1:

The original Skunk #1 gave rise to several variations that were later harvested in the gardens of Sensi Seeds, Dutch Passion, Flying Dutchmen, Nirvana Seeds, and Royal Queen Seeds. As its name suggests, Skunk #1 buds radiate with an aromatic blend of sour skunkiness and subtle earthy notes. This hybrid offers elevated creativity through its high-energy buzz, while stress and appetite loss melt away with Skunk #1’s potency.

2 Likes

I got my Skunk #1 seeds as freebies, threw them down as a joke. Ended up being the best Bud I ran that whole run. Just a pleasant high, good flavor, very nice smooth happy Bud! hope you find her!

7 Likes

The “potency” part kind of cracks me up. Compared to the strains these days, this one is super mellow. lol I think it was only like 17% THC which for me is wonderful! Like @beacher said before I don’t need 46% THC for breakfast

4 Likes

Me too! I generally love lower THC and medium to high CBD, however I remember some really good times smoking BC Skunk back in the day. So uplifted, giggly, but still chill. Hoping I can grow some of that.

3 Likes

Something about that mellow pleasant high of old skunks that can’t be beat imho

4 Likes

8% is plenty for me!

4 Likes

Exactly, the high I get from the Original I have. Fucken perfection!

4 Likes

They have taken most Indica dominant strains to the utmost extreme these days to where I can barely smoke them. It’s so nice to have this one again, even though it reminds me more of a chill sativa as it’s very cerebral

3 Likes

Warm summer air, shuffling along in my Birkenstocks, heading down to the ocean, with a grin from ear to ear, chatting about nothing with a buddy. Skunk was our only smoke back then. Got it for free from his in-laws who grew it.

2 Likes

I actually considered quitting weed after one too many “baseball bat” indicas/hybrids. Instant anxiety. Fuck that shit.

5 Likes

Same, Same and Same!!!

3 Likes

I just take one hit off the pipe and wait a while . I treat all good weed the same I like a good buzz not couch lock or anxiety . Messh looks like a good winters supply .

4 Likes

I say we should all go Old Skool! I’ll by a 10 pack of Skunk #1 if someone wants to breed it. Seems to me everyone should have the hybrid that started weed as we all know it now. A damn building block that everyone should have and overgrow! Muuuuuuaaaaaahhhhh! Anybody with me?

8 Likes