Meesh's 2019 Outdoor Grow Show

I’m definitely going to make seeds with my pack! Will also cross it to some high CBD strains/crosses and see what happens.

5 Likes

Right on, Man! Seems to me it should be a staple, especially for breeding. But I’m no expert. I’ve never made a seed on purpose in my life. lol And any of these youngsters that have never tried it, need to. They really need to experience it imho

2 Likes

From my knowledge the original skunk was the one that had road kill in it. When Skunkman Sam brought these from the states, he began breeding more towards the sweeter skunks that we have today. That may be the difference between Skunk #1 and Original Skunk.

5 Likes

I guess the backyard next summer is going to be filled with Gelato wooooo. Congratulations that is an awesome prize to win!!

Perhaps that Blue Gelato will be caterpillar resistant. One can only hope :v:

3 Likes

I don’t know exactly what I was smoking back in the early nineties in Vancouver. It was skunky for sure, but I certainly can’t say it had that road kill death smell. It must have been one of the “sweet” offshoots - but I certainly don’t remember thinking it tasted sweet.

All I know is it tasted amazing (I was often tempted to eat the buds), it was sticky/greasy with resin, and the high was the best I’ve ever experienced. Just happy AF.

3 Likes

Hey @Meesh, here’s a great thread that might go a long way to convince you to throw a few bucks at a pack of these Flying Dutchmen “The Pure”. https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=27856

Some of these are going to be in my tent next grow for sure.

3 Likes

Yeah, the original isn’t sweet. It’s skunky with citrus specifically oranges I would say. It tastes very old skool to me even though I’m not remembering the citrus aspect, but that was the 80s. That was a long time ago for this old broads memory. My guess is even the sweeter variety would give me the same memory as skunk was the thing back then and I’m sure I’ve probably had both coming from Humboldt seeing as I live in Cali.

3 Likes

I get the same old skool feeling when I tasted Jack herer again recently but the opposite end of the spectrum. Reminds me of Mexican brick weed taste of old. The dirt weed taste, I just didn’t miss. So I dismissed good old Jack from my list of must haves and moved to my must never have again list. Lol. Funny, my boyfriend couldn’t get enough of the old skool Jack flavor and I know it has a huge fan base

1 Like

I’ve got some skunk 91 and also skunk #3 not sure the origin of either one if there the road kill or not!

2 Likes

If you like old school hash smell and flavour, Lebanese might be a good one to check out. Not too strong and a very comfortable high.

3 Likes

Funny actually I don’t. It falls into the same category as the Jack Herer does for me. In my day, everything had the same hash, brick weed, jack hererish taste except our premium weed at the time which was the skunks. So something in my mind and taste buds just light up with the skunks. The other old skool flavors from my day, I can live without. Once the skunks came in, weed as I know it started tasting good and different and became tastes I looked forward too as opposed to just a vehicle to get me high. lol If that makes sense.

I suppose in my mind the skunk was always the premium and everything else was inferior, stuff like that sticks I think.

4 Likes

Although, come to think of it, back in the day, once in a great great while, someone would bust out what they called honey oil at the time (which had more of that old skool hash taste) and I have very fond memories of that.

2 Likes

I’d love to try them both! lol In a heartbeat. I’d almost bet dollars to donuts the Skunk 91 would be the most familiar skunk strain to me as that’s when the skunk varieties became more readily available to us here.

3 Likes

I suppose to really find for me the most nostalgic skunk strain, I would have to find out what was coming specifically out of Humboldt in the late 80’s and early 90’s. Although, anything with dominant skunky flavor reminds me. @cogitech that write up you linked makes me want that Cheese strain as well. lol

4 Likes

Hi Meesh :slight_smile: Told to look you up lol I have one called Chronic Skunk, it is 50/50 indica/sativa, not super potent, but she smells more like candy then skunk. Another I have is LA Cheese, she has such a wonderful aroma, smells spicy sweet, but that one is really potent. Issue with both these, think clone only.

4 Likes

Hey meesh the skunk 91 was a run that was done here last year

As far as the Skunk 3 still un sure I also have some Escobar cheeseberry that has a skunk nose to it if interested

3 Likes

Welcome to my grow show! My outdoor grow is winding down for this year, but you may have fun summarizing my thread here and seeing mostly the highlights and cool pics. I think there is a button to summarize somewhere on the first post. Or feel free to dig through the whole 2200 posts… Obviously, I’m a poster lol

As you can probably tell, right now I’m on a old skool skunk kick after growing out an Original Skunk strain that was gifted to me by @MomOnTheRun that has me reminiscing about the weed of my youth. :grin:

4 Likes

Can’t effing believe that I missed that one! Wonder if anyone has any seeds left they want to send me.

2 Likes

The only cheese I’ve tried is Auto Cheese from Canuk Seeds (freebie) so I am not sure how close to “Cheese” it really is. I bred it to @ReikoX’s LRUV. I haven’t grown it myself, but @Esrgood4u just finished growing it. I’m eager to hear what he thinks of it once it has cured.

3 Likes

No need to look any further I can mail out all 3 strains I’ve got for you to hunt through if you want

6 Likes