Meesh's 2019 Outdoor Grow Show

Doesn’t that original cheese they mentioned sound amazing? Shit, we have opened a whole big can of old skool cannabis worms now in Meeshland :joy:

4 Likes

Wow! I never breed or make seeds as I’m an outdoor grower mostly medicinally for myself and my Dad, but I would be happy to send you some fem seeds I have as trade or happily pay postage. I’m gonna have so many seeds, it’s gonna be hell trying to figure out what to grow!! I do know, that I am going at least half old skool strains next year. Also, if you missed any of the preservation run seeds, I may have some to share as well.

3 Likes

No that’s fine send me a address I got ya covered hope you find what your looking for in them. I’m sure down the road they will get replaced.

5 Likes

@Gardenartus I sure remember the “Chronic”! Shoot, I live 7 miles from Compton and we all know the Dr. Dre album sporting the name. All of us L.A. folks have memories smoking it!

2 Likes

So it seems Ms. Meesh is going with a new game plan next year. Thinking I’ll be container growing double to triple the amount of reg seeds until they show sex and then selecting the females that will go in the ground to flower as everyone is so fucken cool and generous here. So many bad ass old skool and new strains that I want to try.

3 Likes

I’ve been assessing all of my container grows vs. the ground… Personally, I love organics and anything having to do with it and in my ground soil that’s all it will ever be. However, unless you have spent oodles of time perfecting a living organic container soil that’s been cooking, I’ve found the best results in container grows (no matter what it is) in a soiless mix and chemical nutes. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Although my CBD plant organic grow was fire…

1 Like

If you look at all the folks doing large outside grows, the pros seem to all be using soft containers. Pretty much everyone I look at is like Mendo Dope, giant soft pots but using organic soils in them.

I have grown in Octopots outdoors and had good success , but to be honest, just sticking them in my SHITTY hard clay soil here directly into the ground gives me even better results and much larger plants.

If it where me I would do soft containers with a good airy organic soil I would just mix up. Wish I had that option, and if I did, Hell I would grow in huge containers and make plants like the Mendo Boys do.

5 Likes

I did soft pots and organic soil in my containers. Didn’t compare to my in ground grows. I feel as if the soil isn’t already cooked and living it just doesn’t get the same effect in containers ie… just opening a good bag of organic soil and using it, doesn’t seem as effective as a soilless mix. I have not created a organic container, water only soil though yet myself only nice organic bag soil. Even my non cannabis plants are bigger, more flowers etc… in soilless mix with chems. So far been my experience. My in ground planters are all living soil though and you saw the results… pure fire!

2 Likes

Shoot. I don’t think there’s a bud out there they don’t like. But yes, us outdoor growers can only hope!

1 Like

Well, the earth is magical. Can’t ever beat that, right?

4 Likes

I have a blue coma that seems almost bug resistant. Never know, here’s hoping :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

My ground plants were hella bug resistant except for the crapertillars. Those bastards! Haven’t even seen an aphid yet on the Strawberry Diesels and it’s aphid season, they are already on my roses. I’m still wondering if my aspirin foliars throughout veg helped quite a bit with that.

2 Likes

I wonder if fine netting would work to keep the butterflies (or is it moths?) away, preventing them from laying eggs. I saw that stuff on Amazon the other day and thought " @Meesh should try that".

This would’t work if the eggs are in the soil already, but if the problem is created when butterflies or moths come and lay eggs in the plants, then the netting should do the trick well. I have no idea about the lifecycle of butterflies and moths, so I might be way off base here.

3 Likes

Great point! ALL the in ground plants were far larger and yielded way more than the container plants.

Suppose you could take a nice tiller like the one I used/have and till down 2 feet or so, maybe do some amending or throw some fish in there or something. Make the soil decent(like I did on my 1st outside run that was flooded) and just run them like that. To be honest, the ones outside now are just stuck into the ground where I had tilled and we had the biblical flood, then I just pulled what was left of my greenhouse over them. They are kicking ass right now and looking real good.

If I did that, they would go into the ground early, get trained real well, and probably be 7 feet tall when they flip. Talking 10 or 20 lb plants, that would be something. I have always wanted to grow a 15 foot tall 40 foot around 10 pounder!!!
Can you imagine???

3 Likes

Just from what flies around in my yard, I have monarch butterflies, but have read that they only lay eggs in milkweed, so there’s that. Umm… I also get some sort of all yellow and all white butterflies (or what may be moths) don’t know much about those. The main culprit I believe is these small brown moths which are either gypsy moths or some sort of avocado moths and the resulting caterpillars are little and green and resemble loopers. I’m not sure if the really fine mesh would work as the plants couldn’t grow through it, but I haven’t tried it. I do know however that in Cali, caterpillars are kind of a way of life for outdoor growers. I have yet to find a soul that doesn’t battle them here. Also, the damn moths/butterflies lay eggs every damn month except December here. Lucky me. lol

2 Likes

I have a cool little propane “fogger” we use here for misquitos’. It will cover my entire back yard in a heavy fog in minutes, makes yard bearable for hours.
It just combust and fog’s liquids, wonder if you could use that to “fog” with something and be pro active before they lay eggs.
Find something you can fog with that does not harm the plants.

??? Just a suggestion

3 Likes

I did a soil test in January on mine and amended per the test. I do have to rototill my veggie patch as I have a major problem with bermuda grass and it’s impossible to have a no till bed there. My in ground planters that I made though are no till living beds now which were also amended per soil test. Personally, I think that is thee best way to go.

On most of those gigantic ridiculous trees like in Oregon and such, I’ve noticed a trend there, for example they are on an old riverbed or basically have a river bed running underground. Hence, the serious amounts of organic nutes that make them monster plants. Honestly, just growing out my 7-10 footers has been a serious chore for one person and have been kind of a pain in the ass, so as novel the idea of a 15 footer, I would rather watch the pro farmers grow them on YouTube. lol

7 Likes

I know, I actually read all of your threads, saw were you had done that, was pretty cool and saw they were dead on with their amendments!

I till here because the ground is like rock. Have to to break up the soil, and get some air in there. The soil has so much clay in it it will clog and not let much air in if I do not till real well.

Im not so sure. I planted Bamboo a few years ago as cover for my green house. It is now 20 feet tall and 20 feet long and 10 feet deep. I have to cut it back every spring, I DO NOT EVER WATER IT!!! I have huge trees’ in the yard, never water them, and a giant wide leaf thing, forgot it’s name, never water it either. I mean I will if it is 100 out for a week straight and we get no rain, but otherwise, once established in the ground, they can find water.

I know what you mean, but I still want to grow one. I wanted to grow a 1 pounder inside in a single pot, I did that, and will not do it again, lol, so Im sure once I grow my multi pounder, that will be it for “super cropping” , lol

5 Likes

When I spoke with the guy who calced my amendments, I told him I that I grew mostly flowers as well, so he pushed my P and K levels to the highest side of normal. Seemed like it really did the trick too

5 Likes

Woke up to my cable and internet out. Using data to access. At&t are saying they can’t come out until Tuesday but have me on a cancellation list. Not sure I’ll be able to access here much until this is fixed in case anyone is trying to get a hold of me

4 Likes