Meesh's 2019 Outdoor Grow Show

Holy Crap you guys! I’m having like 5 trees removed from my backyard, mind you, 2 of them are 4 stories tall. Started calling around to get people out for estimates. Just happened to find a business card for a tree service on my doorstep last week and the guy came out this evening. He quoted me 1500 bucks for all 5 of them and will trim the 60 year old gigantic avocado tree I’m keeping as well. Last time I even had them trimmed it cost me like 2 grand! I said yes as fast as it would come out of my mouth before the dude realized his horrible mistake and changed his mind. lol Plus, he is gonna mulch them all for me too! They are coming tomorrow to do the work. The other tree service companies that I still have set up for quotes gave me a lead time for service at 10-12 weeks out. Thank you Universe! I knew I was saving up some karma points for something and this is a really really good one.

15 Likes

That’s a really good price. I’d kill for an avocado tree, does it fruit?

2 Likes

It’s about 60 years old and can feed my whole block! Perfect Haas Avos! Unfortunately, it costs a small fortune to trim it, so I only get fruit every 2 years. I have another of the soft skin kind of avo trees back there too. That one is part of the 5 getting cut down tomorrow though. It’s really far in the corner of my yard. Gets tons of shade and hangs over 2 of my neighbors yards. The fruit on that one was so far up though, I can’t even get to it and those avos aren’t even close to as good as my other tree, so it’s gong.

6 Likes

Being removed tomorrow are 1 40 foot Macadamia Nut tree, 1 30 foot soft skin avocado tree, 2 10 - 12 foot apple trees and a 12 foot kumquat tree. I’m gonna have so much more light back there!

I’m gonna get some killer avo buds this spring on the Haas since it’s getting trimmed back tomorrow! Stoked!

9 Likes

Make sure the quote has stump grinding as well. If not, see what they will do it for. It doesn’t do much to cut down a tree and still have a stump. Depending on the size/height of it, you wouldn’t be able to use the space to plant anything for years (waiting for the roots to contract) and the bastards may try to regrow, at least that is my problem with a old fig.

6 Likes

Indeed it does! :grinning:

5 Likes

Book him in for the next ten years to trim the avo tree.

6 Likes

…to grow more weed, mind you… :smile:

:astonished: :dagger: :tomato:

That’s a bit excessive considering how easily an avocado will root in a glass of water or compost heap. :laughing:

Didn’t you kow the tree trimmers are listening to your phone calls? :laughing: :wink: Just messin with you, Detective…

:evergreen_tree:

6 Likes

Lol I mean a real avocado tree that produces fruit, not a spindly avocado stick with 2 leaves clinging to life in my window.

@Meesh that’s so cool, one day I will live somewhere that isn’t a frozen wasteland!

8 Likes

I had to leave for a client at 930 this morning right when the tree guys showed, by the time I returned at 1:30 they had already removed all 5 trees! All they had left was a little trimming on my remaining tree and clean-up! I’m so impressed.

The yard is gonna take some getting used to. It is so naked! So much space and sunlight back there! Enough space to build another house back there now!

7 Likes

WOW!!!
That was quicker than my guy, but he had to work around power lines for all but one.

That’s the thing about houses over by you, they were either built as cottages, and have little to no land, or they were small ranch/farms/groves and had 2 or 3 times the “normal” land allocation. Was your area pre-war?

6 Likes

1948 Huge lot, tiny house.

3 Likes

The lot was probably portioned in the 30’s. There were IIRC mini orange and/or avocado grove over there. They would build a small house and use the rest of the land with trees. some were as large as an acre or two. Some were cut down, during the war, so they could grow veggies and sell them or barter. A lot of the area around LBC was like this.

6 Likes

They appropriated my Great Aunt and Uncles land to build the 405 fwy. My house is a block from it, Industrialization is a trip. Pretty sure there was a lot of wetlands between here and the beach. I remember entire blocks in the 70’s that were swamps. We used to catch tadpoles and frogs there as kids.

10 Likes

I thought your area was the grove area, sorry. Must be more inland.

1 Like

I’m in the South Bay. Near LAX

1 Like

A joint is also my go to. Keep it OG.

3 Likes

Alright guys! Promised a friend that I would review a couple strains to see what I think… Tonight it’s Orange Gogi

This is my first experience with this strain… Immediately, the smell straight through the bag assaulted me. Incredibly stinky stinky stinky! You can smell it across the room stinky. I immediately smelled skunk, strongest smell off the top and y’all know how I love my stanky stank skunk bud. Once I opened the bag and started looking at it and handling the buds, they are sticky af, solid rock like buds, very dense, love the color, really light green w/orange hairs. The base smell is Skunk with a tangy top note of citrus (very similar to Skunk #1) but it has these 2 bottom notes as well, one is vanilla (just a hint) and some form of diesel a slight cat piss smell. The cat piss smell same as my strawberry diesels, but here it is much more subtle and a bottom note.

My first hit went straight to my head like a bullet. Very vibrant colors and lights. I felt it literally change my brain instantly, but then faded down quickly and had a semi creeper effect. Feeling uplifted, awake but not speedy. No raciness, but I have almost a tingly feeling in my body, only a few mins in… Sometimes the body high takes longer. I’ll let you know if it develops more. Slight cottonmouth and dry eyes. Nice high. My aches and pains died down while writing this. THC helps my aches in general. This strain seems more for depression/anxiety though than for pain.

Tastes like strong oranges or tangerines (tart) mixed with skunk and tastes of vanilla on your tongue at the end. I almost get a sour creamsicle taste from it… if Sour creamsicles were a thing :laughing:

My all over thought on this bud is Dank, Dank and fucken Dank
Obnoxious smelling, assault on your taste buds and a brainy stress free high. What’s not to love?

17 Likes

Excellent report! Makes me happy that I’m going to flip mine to flower next week, hehe :smile:

I really like a potent strain with anti-anxiety / anti-depression effect. I have a feeling I’m going to really dig this stuff.

11 Likes

Its tasty addictive… keep going back for the tang

Good shit!

12 Likes