Meesh's 2019 Outdoor Grow Show

I recall you had some constructive criticism of my novice trim artistry :wink:
Got a quick video tutorial in you?

1 Like

I heard from him on the 21st. Pinged a couple times but nothing since. Hope heā€™s well.

4 Likes

I only laughed as you mentioned artistry. That was hysterical to me after I had spent 4 straight days of trimming. Any artistry went out the door Day 1 hour 4. with days and days to go.

Only advice I have, pull as many leaves as you can directly off the plant first, donā€™t bother with stupid disposable gloves. They make your hands sweat. Instead buy some cheapy gardening gloves that say ā€œNitrile Coatingā€ at like Home Depot or something. You can just wipe your gloves off with alcohol to get the sticky off. I use fiskars for trimming, just seem more efficient, but avoid picking with them too much (youā€™ll get in a weird habit of doing this) and actually use them as scissors. Cutting outside bud with the full length of the blade. Itā€™s faster. Instead of picking at small leaves just cut them off flush with bud. Donā€™t be afraid to actually cut the leaf off. The more you leave the harsher the smoke, and leaves get crispy when dry, bud doesnā€™t. Thatā€™s all I got.

7 Likes

chanting :notes: Iā€™m going to Kauai Iā€™m going to Kauai!

Next month. 1 glorious week. Did I mention that Iā€™m going for free?

:notes:
Iā€™m going to Kauai
Iā€™m going to Kauai
Iā€™m going to Kauai
:palm_tree::sunny::ocean::tropical_drink::beach_umbrella:

12 Likes

Mould can be chopped out as long as you chop an inch of good bud out too. Ex gorrila grower in England here.
The strains we can grow here are limited and I would rather chop out bud and let em Finnish due to strength and outdoor does suffer from taste due to the cold and damp here. But you may prefer to early chop where you are?

5 Likes

Thanks. Picked some up this morning!

1 Like

:scissors: :scissors: :scissors: :scissors:

ā€¦so I asked someone for their opinion of the trim-bowl, salad spinner thingys, a person whoā€™s got plenty of experience & worked for years at a grow shop too(hey, taxes :grin:)-- she said, ā€œtheyā€™re garbage, save your money!ā€ :confused:

It was a brief phone chat so I didnā€™t get the ā€œwhyā€ part which is what Iā€™m most curious about now since youā€™re so pleased with that thing. :thinking:

Is it adjustable at all? Do all the tinier buds fall through? Tried it with dry material? :pencil: :notepad_spiral:

i thought about bringing some shittier weed to the shop & see if theyā€™d let me try out a demo model! :joy:

will report back when i hear more.

:evergreen_tree:

6 Likes

Why you should wash your outdoor weed

21 Likes

Trim day

20 Likes

You got it !! Took it and ran with itā€¦GREAT JOB!!!

Amazing what would be left on there huh!!! Once you do it, it becomes pretty standard .

4 Likes

Iā€™m stillll terrified of doing it! :sweat_smile:

Obviously those branches didnā€™t go through the salad spinnerā€¦

And GI Jane is all I can decipher thereā€¦
:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

Opinions are like assholesā€¦ :laughing: All 3 of us over here trimming love the hell out of it. Think itā€™s the best thing since sliced bread. Iā€™m pretty sure @Mongobongo loves his too!

The blade has 3 spacers depending on how close you want your trim. I use 1. It has a wet blade and a dry blade. I donā€™t trim dry so donā€™t know. Ummā€¦ I put everything in there except really large top colas. I even throw the larfy shit in there so it will just get chopped up with the trim for butter and what not.

Iā€™m sure someone has a vid on Youtube trimming some up. You see the finished product in the pic I posted today.

9 Likes

Nah, you have to cut off the big leaves and remove from buds from the stem My boyfriend kindly trimmed up that whole branch like that above just so I could get a pic. lol
Not sure why you are afraid to wash them, Iā€™ve just washed 4 plants, they all came out nice. Makes me feel safer to smoke, especially now that Iā€™ve seen the water after Iā€™m done. I only use the baking soda and lemon though, no peroxide (that makes me nervous)

5 Likes

I like it but donā€™t use it on my preeeeeeems. I use it for smalls and stuff that isnā€™t pretty now. If trimming a lot like you, itā€™s a lifesaver.

A super cool thing I love it for is Seed removal. Remove the wire and put dry, seeded bud in and the agitation removes the seeds with ease.

Edit- Iā€™ve never washed buds but my buddy has and it was unreal the crap he took off. Didnā€™t affect the final product at all. Didnā€™t even remove the heads off the thc

9 Likes

Do you use it dry? As you see above, in the real salad bowl, mine comes out really nice in that thing. It took us a minute to get the hang of it, but now we rock it for everything.

4 Likes

Never not washing it again! It actually scares me what I have smoked in the past. Donā€™t even like thinking about it now.

7 Likes

I Used it dry in some seeded stuff with the blade below the screen removed :v:

I use it wet with fresh clipped non seeded stuff

3 Likes

So, the entire Kushage plant is in various stages of drying. Took up 2 levels in the rack. Each level holds about a pound wet, so I probably got a pound dry off of her. We also finished the top colas off what was left of the OG Skunk. She is my favorite smoke of all so far. I keep going back to her, even though most was premature. Tomorrow the rest of the Cherry Berry White comes down. Then there are 6 left. Botafumeiros and Holy Punch, 2 weeks out, Dragonā€™s Blood Hashplant, Charlotteā€™s Angel 4 weeks out and the 2 strawberry diesels about 8 weeks out.

Some silliness regarding the OG Skunkā€¦ My Manā€™s sister hardly ever smokes, but asked my Man for a hit the other day for pain. He hadnā€™t labeled a couple of his jars and had no idea what he gave her. The next day she was raving to me, how it took her pain right away and how she was so clear minded and had all these great ideas and energy. The Man asked me to identify the bud I gave her and it was the OG Skunk. Hmmā€¦ I seem to remember raving about how I had all these great ideas when I smoked it and said something about making a spaceship from household appliances in an earlier post. Guess my assessment was pretty right on. For some reason, I thought with my weird brain the effect wouldnā€™t be the same on other people.

11 Likes

These were one of the best purchases this harvest! So convenient and handy!

15 Likes

Which trimmer is it that you use? The salad bowl thingy? How much $ are they? I would take one for some days. I just trimmed my first plant of the harvest yesterday. Itā€™s so dry here that it almost completely dried out on me just hanging in the closet.

Itā€™s so dry here, Iā€™ve gone to letting them outside leaves dry out crispy and then I can just run my fingers down the bud and most come off and thatā€™s how I store them. The insides are still so wet that once jarred the humidity homogenizes and curing goes on as normal. Weā€™ve had 8-10% humidities now for a week and man is it dry.

You must have had some nasty mold going. That water would make it hard to never not do it again. The plant I just harvested was blown off of a wall I had it sitting on for only a day or three. It went upside down and the soil was all up inside the buds and sticking good. So, I washed them in just straight tap water (it has a tad of chlorine so it might help mold??) and it was quick and easy. Hung the limbs out on the clothes line over night and them brought them inside to finish drying.

I have to wash a couple of plants for the stuck ants alone. When they check in on one my plant hotels, they donā€™t check out! Suckers get all stuck on the trichs, and canā€™t get loose, lol

Nice looking harvest @Meesh! Very impressive!

4 Likes