Mephisto crosses from BasementBeans, Blackstrap clone, first STS reversals

Awwwww yyyyeeeaaahhhh!!! :partying_face:

3 Likes

DG1 came through last night. I must have buried her a little deeper than the rest. They’re all ready to go now. :grin:

13 Likes

Neck and neck so far. Should start seeing roots thru the clear cup soon, I usually transplant by day 10. The one I decide to reverse will go in a 1gal fabric pot. The other 2 will go in 3gal.

The Ewok x CDLC I got from my plant (last chance to make sure her lineage survives I suppose- got 5 seeds off her) looked weird in the cup of water, like some of her taproot came off? Hell idk. I went ahead and planted her and threw another one in a cup just in case. The backup didn’t come from the plant, she came from the place I originally got them from. They were freebies that ended up being awesome. The first one hasn’t made an appearance yet. I’ll update when/if she does. The Ewok cross will get the pollen from one of the dg crosses basementbeans sent to me. (Others may get a little pregnant too if successful and if the timing is in my favor)

12 Likes

Ok, so one of the blackstrap clones has baby shark teeth! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Not sure how this will work as the mom has started her pre flower stretch 9 (I think) days ago! And this clone looks like she’s started also. If you zoom in, you can see some purple in the center of her only bud site :joy:

Can someone chime in? I buried her baby roots in a solo cup for now. Is this a wasted experiment? Was going to reverse this clone and pollinate something else w her.

@BasementBeans @CapnCannabis @DougDawson @Qtip what do you think? Time wise… if you don’t know, do you know someone who might be able to clue me in? I know I took the clones late :woman_facepalming: Was hoping I’d be able to make something out of it

7 Likes

Not very knowledgeable about clones and their timing. Someone will chime in, many here clone regularly.

1 Like

I’ve cloned many, many times!! But never an auto! :rofl::rofl: I’m in over my head with these. Idk if this baby can take sts. Bc if it’s trying to flower like the mom, this would be the time I’d start spraying? :exploding_head:

2 Likes

I watched a guy clone an auto and he ended up with one nice big nug on it. Kind of like if he had just left it on the original plant, lol. But it was an interesting experiment. I doubt that little one could take it and if it did would likely not give much in return. Than again, what have you got to lose.

3 Likes

Typically you don’t clone an auto because the clone will still be on the same clock as mom. Interesting experiment and I have heard of the clones running a little longer than mom. If you want to do sts check out my thread as it worked out pretty well.

3 Likes

Hell yes sir, I’ve been on that thread already! Asking all them questions :rofl: definitely one I’ll be back on too. And don’t be surprised if i send some inquiring messages lol

Btw… did u use Sebrings .8 silver nitrate OR the rest of the internets .5? It was a whole different ratio. I was thinking I would do sebrings’ bc you can always dilute if it’s too strong for a certain plant :woman_shrugging: Just curious tho. It’s a problem :joy:

4 Likes

All of my components of STS were sent to me premeasured, by the legend @Oldtimerunderground, so I don’t know what I had. I think they each use slightly different components

2 Likes

I saw that u used pentahydrate right? That’s what I ordered. Even though at the time I didn’t even know there was a difference lol

I guess I’ll just go with Sebrings. And try to go every 5 days. Idk. I’ll research more when it gets closer to time.

Congrats on your seeds man! I’m excited for mine :crossed_fingers::laughing:

2 Likes

Hey @hollyho , mind if I pull up a chair? I have no knowledge or experience regarding reversals, so to me, you’ll look like a genius no matter what!

4 Likes

Thank you @Qtip, but the real credit goes to the legend @DougDawson (thanks again brother)

I sent him the supplies and he’s the one that sent them out. I think it was maybe 8 kits worth, plus 1 for him. I measured out all the silver at .8 and ran out of bags, so Doug measured and bagged the sodium thiosulfate pentahydrate.

@hollyho don’t overthink it too hard, lol. I’ve used the .5 silver recipe before and it works. I actually still have the stock solutions of that recipe and mixed up a batch to spray 2 weeks ago. Here is a Lowryder getting reversed.

I’ll be following along. Wishing you the best in your endeavors :grin:

16 Likes

Awesome to hear! You keep your part a separate from your part b solutions? I watched Sebrings video but it looked like he mixed his together. I’ll be mixing mine soon and just want to be clear. How long has your solution lasted so far? And when do you start spraying yours? Seems like everyone adapts their own way of doing it and that’s great, Im just studying you guys that have tried it with success! Like I said previously… im a little nervous about it :joy:

And thank you for the kind words! I really appreciate you and the others on here. Feels great knowing I have some experienced back up if needed! :rofl:

5 Likes

Hell yeah! Even if I fail at this, it should be great for a laugh :sweat_smile: or a “what not to do” episode :woman_facepalming::rofl:

3 Likes

I’m not sure! I think you’ve still got time to get some pollen as long as that clone takes off soon. It’s definitely worth trying.

2 Likes

Thanks! I haven’t given up on her yet. It’s worth a shot! It’s crazy bc I know if I would have taken the clones a week or so earlier I would have had a better shot. This blackstrap didn’t even show sex until 5weeks in. I took the clones last minute. Without knowing she was about to start doing her thing. If it doesn’t work, there’s always next time lol

The main thing giving me hope is that the mom is still stretching. No strong budlets yet. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Yes. When the plant is ready to be sprayed, you mix up a fresh batch by taking some of the liquid from your part b and put it in a measuring cup, then slowly add some of the part a, then dilute that fresh mix with distilled water and put in a spray bottle for application.

I personally just mix right into the spray bottle using a syringe and swirling it as I go, then top up with the distilled water and some yucca or a couple drops of dawn to break the surface tension of the water, so it doesn’t bead up on the plant when you spray it.

The part a and b last a long time. I made them over a year ago and they’re still good. Once you mix them in the spray bottle, it will stay good for at least a month in the fridge.

For photos, the day I flip to 12/12. I just started reversing autos, but I think once you see hairs and know it’s female is a good time to start.

5 Likes

@Oldtimerunderground okay!! Thank you!! I’m ready! Just have to wait a few weeks now :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Day 6 and we already have visible roots! More on strawberry nuggets than the other 2 but I’ll still be transplanting in a few days.

14 Likes