Micro Growing with Mr.Sparkle *2018 Part 2of2*

bigger containers will offer you more leeway so do what you figure, and as for my pump its directly in my reservoir.

3 Likes

Day whatever on them, doesn’t really matter on these will count if it does just a rough start and behind a good week where they should be, guess we will have to see how that turns out.

15 Likes

Do those pots sit down into the lid or just on top?

2 Likes

From what I can tell they’re just sitting on the top of his res lid.

Speculation - It appears he doesn’t use drainage as his watering is calibrated to the size of the containers.

3 Likes

@WMoon518 they just sit on top, @Jellypowered and i do use drainage, just can’t see the holes as the pots are over them :wink:

Instead of having the run off come out the sides like most pots, all my holes for drainage are on the inner bottom part of the the pot, this forces the excess water to be channeled inward and toward the drainage holes, which in turn keep my lids fairly clean and i don’t have excess moisture due to evaporating surface water.

Or at least my thought on it.

8 Likes

@Mr.Sparkle
I take it that the module sitting on top is a relay for timing? Are you using a small pond/fountain pump in the reservoir? Also, how do you split to the 4 pots (btw LOVE your tube holders)? With a larger pump, you can use a manifold (1/2" riser) but have never seen one for those small 12v pumps (if it is).

2 Likes

small Arduino timer relay control and moisture sensor circuit which isn’t being used right now. If you go back in the thread previous pots were using 3/8" hose and T-splitters, and yes off a 12v ebay pump running in the reservoir “actually runs at 7v for less output” As for the current hose split, its just four 1/8" tubes jammed and siliconed into a 3/8" id hose. and the tube holders were actually the simplest and easiest idea i had for that, works great too as you can easily remove the pots

3 Likes

@ReikoX new seeds popping

13 Likes

Teach me your ways. You’re my idol. I manage to overgrow 2m height. And you got perfectly perfect bloody specimens in a shoe box :grin:

PS absolutely beautiful finish on the blue dream’matic brother

3 Likes

easy to learn, just tips and tricks you learn on the way :wink:

1 Like

Tips? Tricks? Ideas? I have to keep a cherry tart in check in this and I’m scared

10 Likes

@anon58740919 ill come over to your thread and take a look :wink:

edit: for other who want to see as well

6 Likes

Manual like override. Spent all my likes here. I put 4 in my 2x4ft tent now. Another one up in the micro tent. My method has always been “grow em out” and see what happens. I did the occasional 4 way topping when I started lol

4 Likes

:smile: LOL

That’s about where I’m at these days… :thumbsup:

:evergreen_tree: :zzz:

5 Likes

:thinking:

It’s missing the travel option.

A telescoping handle, wheeled cart chassis, and a nice 20 lb. battery as a base/ballast doubling as an energy source. :bulb:

For the extreme helicopter :helicopter: :baby: parent & grower on-the-go :airplane_departure: …

Cola’s RollaGrowa’

(clone-room hip-pack sold separately, some restrictions may apply)

Or the refrigerator truck/lorry converted to mobile growOp, a la Hell’s Angels.

:thinking:

:evergreen_tree: :fire:

4 Likes

Day something lol

20 Likes

“Day something” hahahaha

4 Likes

:shrug: does it really mater, not really lol

7 Likes

:laughing: Well I always enjoy your updates, for what it’s worth. But pictures, thousand words, and so on. Not a lot to report in veg if your little green pets are happy, I guess.

5 Likes

No it doesn’t. Yes. Yes and a million times yes to it doesn’t matter. They tell you when they’re done anyway. Looking good bro

6 Likes