Micro Growing with Mr.Sparkle *2018 Part 2of2*

Day 50/16

Left side is on low feed water now as the little one is just wanting to finishing and they aren’t consuming as much.

Right ride i’ll be reversing one of them to get some pollen, so should start spraying CS shortly, think my plant of choice will be the back right for a couple of reasons, but may do the others as well then pick later.

14 Likes

Couple close ups to add.

17 Likes

Look at what I found today in the mailbox!

+some other gems. Oh happy holidays, thanks @Mr.Sparkle

Oh, and nice macro shots in the preceding post.

12 Likes

Wait, I lost track. You killed the Divyders right? So what’s on the right now?

2 Likes

Yes i did as it was having serious issues, one was it really got knocked back due to the pH issue i was having and i had it on miss matched watering cycles so it couldn’t keep up with the feed rate of the DD’s once it came back and i more or less drowned the roots. Damage was already done at that point to where it would of been just limping to the end. So i’ll be starting a new batch on their own reservoir and over planting them for thinning out males but that will have to wait till the closet is done.

6 Likes

So what’s on the right side in the previous pictures?

1 Like

oh sorry forgot, TDC one of my own crosses will be reversing the back right one for pollen and the others will get removed as i see fit over the next 3-4weeks. As i will be shutting down everything come second week of november, so long as i have pollen.

2 Likes

Cool, wow they got big fast.

2 Likes

Yeah they are reacting favorably, about to take off by how quick growth is starting to go.

shot of them tonight, back right i started spraying but will make up a new batch of CS this weekend, almost out anyways

Also a close up shot of the back left DD, i have a feeling two of them will be coming down this weekend.

18 Likes

Drooling right now. Just had the Mrs in awe of both your mini monsters and that unbelievably precise foil rolling

5 Likes

Day 52/18

The TDC’s are taking off, back right i have started spraying with CS

Also said screw it, would be 8 weeks exactly since seed drop, which is early in comparison, but the plants were in the done range. So chopped two of them, the front and back left, the right one still has some time left.

Currently looking at a wet weight of 63g each from 150ml/5oz of coco, so will be neat to see final weight.

23 Likes

@Mr.Sparkle just a quick question. How does the heat of the solstrip compares to the Screw in LED bulbs? I’m using a 78 watt LED bulb system and I’m thinking on uograding to 3 2x solstrips for a total of 100 watts.

5 Likes

comparable it will be about the same or a bit less, but i will say the stock heatsinks if you get the solsticks and undersized IMO, so depending on your setup or how you plan on running them its something to consider. If they are hanging in free air and your evacuating hot air out of the top of your space then you should be fine.

5 Likes

I will second the opinion that the stock heatsinks are undersized a bit. They do the job, but there is for sure room for improvement. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I plan to run 3 2x solstrips for a total of 100 watts in a 2.27 sq ft grow box (almost the same dimensión of Mr Sparkle’s IKEA cabinet 57 cm * 37 cm, only taller).
That would make it 33 watts each solstrip and 44 watt per sqft.
And yes, the light will be 6 or 8 inches from the top, where the Exhaust and filter is located.
Should I consider a different heatsink?

Up to you, heatsinkusa has some options if your in the states “im not” but their 2.079" stuff is cheap and in comparison would offer about twice the heatsink for less than what the added cost is of picking up the x2 heatsinks, apart from shipping of course.

Its one thing i definitely would of done different if shipping was cheap.

1 Like

Screw it the last one is coming down.

15 Likes

Day 21 from sprout

Trimmed out the lower most shoots on some of them, which will just be waste and opens it up right around the base for better airflow. ALso go a slight shuffle just so smaller plants are int he front “picture purposes”

The droopy leaves you see are because they are becoming might thirsty, so they got a 20sec update to the Arduino code from 8sec watering’s 3 times a day to 5 times a day, i expect to have to bump it up again in a week or two.

16 Likes

Celebratory puff for Canada, working at moving forward.

23 days in from sprout, i need to try some chip coco for more root space maximization.

17 Likes

3 days later and with a hiccup in between, as the plants didn’t like the high feed and watering frequency on that last res change up.

But they are exploding now, will be interesting to see how much they will fill our over the next two weeks before i potential chop half to all of them…

Day 24

12 Likes