Micro Growing with Mr.Sparkle *2018 Part 2of2*

Week 1 “Day 7” in the bag.

Swapped out my reservoirs, just to keep things clean as on the first week or so sediment from the coco gets carried back into the res’s.

Also got 1.3g of rock hard resin from the trim.

13 Likes

i don’t think i’ve heard of HPS braggards getting close to that:

I feel better now about being a fanboy and reiterate the micro-grow wizard here is one of my main motivators to grow year-round, inside & out.

… I bet your cloning success rate puts my lazy hippy ass to shame. :wink:

:evergreen_tree: <-- is poppin MrSparkle “gear” tonight :seedling:

6 Likes

I’m running some of his on my next run too!

4 Likes

lol hell no that’s one thing i’m definitely not good at, mainly because ive always thrown them in my veg spots which have way too much light so the clipping still want to grow instead of rooting, and i don’t have any bottom heat going.

If i got back into photoperiods i would need a dedicated spot for that.

Also its definitely not the genetics, sure the autos allow the yields in those times spans, but its just stuff i like and freely share when i can.

6 Likes

Pulled out the wattage meter, i was pretty close, 63 Watts turned down. Contemplating when im gonna flip back up to 100w, not like cost is a factor as the difference is literally $0.40 per week for the difference. But i would get to geek out about efficencies.

What do you all think, run it efficiently as possible up to around 10-14days where i figure by then the plants will be able to use the more light, or just blast them ?

13 Likes

Leave the light turned all the way down for four weeks, then turn it to maybe 20% for a week or two

:rofl:

7 Likes

Day 10 , still turned down to 63watts will bump it up sometime over the next 4 days.
Feed is consistent at around 550-575ppm, so wont change it till i see it start dropping. Im noticing some slight green algae forming due to the watering frequency keeping things wet so i’ll have to address that or just leave as is.

Looking good though :wink:

Also re-weighed everything from that last round still at 185g on my kitchen scale, so yeah yielded 185g off 99w, thats awesome.

16 Likes

…almost a 1/2-P in 2 months on how much $ in :zap: juice? :nerd: (since we’re at it)… fantastic.

:evergreen_tree: this must be a future resume’ for this cat [smh]

3 Likes

my electricity cost is $0.087cnd roughly per kwh so this last grow at roughly 120kwh lets round up and say $10.50cnd per cycle haha, going rate at say local dispensaries is $10-12 a gram if i ever bought there, so i think im doing alright :wink:

9 Likes

Love your setup and look super efficient by far, i would love to learn how to do microgrows but sometimes i just love to see th big but by far if i organizrle myself i think with several micro grows i can even match the yield i need , cheera and happy growing , will see me more often in the area :blush: cheers and happy growing

4 Likes

Bravo! That f*ckin beautiful. . . Talk about HIGH efficiency :+1::trophy::camera_flash:

7 Likes

Day 12, Super busy getting the new place ready, these have just been on autopilot, will tun up the light possibly tomorrow.

14 Likes

^^^^^^^^^
Manuel like override

4 Likes

Hello Mr Sparkle

Love what you are doing,looks awsome!
Can you tell us more about the carbon filter, ist a diy :smiley: ?

//Happy

3 Likes

Love the colors What a beautiful grow.

1 Like

Sure i may be able to take pictures later but expect to be pretty busy this week.

But construction is pretty simple, it’s just some hvac joist panning tin cut and then bent to form a square with about 1cm of overlap on one corner and is just aluminum taped together along that overlap as then i can refill the filter as needed later. But it made just big enough to slip over my fan, and is held in place with a magnet thats glued into the roof of the cabinet.

It has about a 0.5cm lip on the front side that was folder over to hold the expanded mesh in which just acts as support, be behind that there is some thin filter material “actually carbon air filter material used for home air purifiers” its a bonus but i only used it cause i had some on had otherwise i would of used whatever i had available. But behind that then ther is my layer of aquarium carbon which is 3-4cm thick, followed but another cut out of the filter materials then the expanded mesh and its just taped in place with some aluminum tape.

I use to run a thicker carbon bed in previous builds, but this last round maybe due to the fresh carbon and lower smell plants i had zero smell, but i think a bit quicker airflow throw the filter has contributed to the scrubbing as possibly i was running too low.

If i was running really stinky plants the filter typically would be overpowered in the last couple of weeks of flower, but a standard electrostatic house air purifier would typically take care of any extra smell.

I have planned to add a super small ozone gen to my exhaust air that would say run 30sec-1min every hr during peak flower if needed but have yet to implement that, and haven’t needed to yet either.

Pictures are easier but i’ll grab some next time i can and tag you in them.

9 Likes

thanks, some really good tips here, cant wait to see more pictures.
There’s no real good options out there if like to buy one, there all to big.

//HappyBaba

edit spelling …

3 Likes

Hey @Mr.Sparkle I was told from a grow buddy back east (hes not on here so I can’t name names) to check this seed bank out he uses it with little to no problems. So I’m looking at it blah blah blah and came across one of there auto strains that’s suppose to finish in 45-50 days (fastest ive heard of) and yield 350 g/m2 And I (auto)magically thought of you

Check em out don’t check em out I don’t care

4 Likes

Have ordered from that seed bank in the past and a subsidiary of them. As for the seeds is question “dodgy name to boot” looks like they are lying on the finish time and not being honest as looks like most grows out there are 60+ days with a lot going 80+, think its that case of sure i “could” harvest them at 45days but they are no where near done or that they beat the crap out of the plant forcing it to finish up quick.

Tks for the pass along though :wink:

6 Likes

Day 14 / Week 2 for these plants.

The Blue Dream’atics are already starting to stink, we will see how bad they get.

Also check out the leaf structure on the one plant “TDC” , shortened the naming of it so its just Think Dark and Creamy now lol.

The GSCxDD in the front is a bit slower than the rest but it popped up a day or so later than the rest.

As for feed i need to give it a check but its still running what i put in back before the weekend so 550ppm, i’ll bump it up come friday or saturday though, as that when things will be finished being moved over to the new place. Oh and still running at 62-63w, will bump that up to 100w when its moved.

17 Likes