Microbe tea recipe

@minitiger I thought the tea was going to fry them by how dark the liquid was. To my surprise this morning none of the plants were negatively impacted other than 1 that a fan was hitting while the plant was still wet. Got a little leaf twist from the wind burn but all other plants were fine. No change for better or worse overnight. I did dilute the brew by half for the foliar application and full strength for the soil application. I even hit a good chunk of my flower garden with all of the extra juice I had.

There aren’t any impressive pictures to share but I’m hoping I see some positive results in the next several days.

@GregOG Thanks for the good info. EWC for the win.

As a side note - that was some messy shit to deal with and clean up. I mean really messy. Can’t make an omelette without cracking a few eggs though :slight_smile:

2 Likes

True compost tea won’t burn your plants ever.
It isn’t really a nutrient amendment, it’s a microlife amendment. If you add nutrients, it becomes a nutrient tea, and that could burn.
The recipe @minitiger is a pure microbial tea, so no surprise that it didn’t burn

6 Likes

Thank you. You’ve just allowed me to avoid typing a lengthy response haha…

3 Likes

Also watch Netflix fantastic fungi and changing your mind both with Paul stamets good shit.

3 Likes

I use this at 1/2 tsp per gallon every feed. Works like a champ with 1/4 tsp per gallon of Kelp me Kelp You every feed.

1 Like

I add my tubs of mycelium after flushes right to my outdoor pots of coco.

1 Like

The point of a microbial solution or JMS is to allow microbes to break down nutrients in the soil. It’s not a fertilizer you spray on leaves. You can make a fermented tea with nutrients added for a foliar spray, but the two have different purposes. JMS takes 1-3 days and a ferment foliar takes a couple weeks. Are you wanting to make a fertilizer or microbe solution