Organic Unsulphered Molasses

Hello OG’ers

I have been addiung Unsulphered Molasses for years and can taste a better smoke once flushed propely for 2 weeks…

Please Let others know what using Unsulphered Molasses does using it in your grows and what you have experienced with using it and without, Bennefits for using Unsulphered Molasses.

6 Likes

how much per gallon of water??

This is only for organic soil growers that microbes play a huge role in the methods…

Molasses doesn’t technically benefit cannabis plants themselves, it benefits the microbes in the soil or compost teas that are able to feed on it building the cultures and the by products of those cultures is what actually feeds your plants.

All that molasses is gonna do is improve soil microbe health which is a wonderful thing but if running soilless/nutes this is pointless to try to add

For veg and flower is 3/4 tbsp per gallon, finishing back off to 1/2 tbsp per gallon

10 Likes

Get urself a better deal on it hitting up Costco, 14 bucks a gallon vs the 3-4 bucks for 12oz

7 Likes

I thank U for the great Info as I am not as Invoved in the technical part of Mooasses but I do notice a smoother taste When I use my vap and when I roll a joint it Isn’t as harsh as plants not flushed long enough.

That exact bottle was when I had just started using the product lol I also shop but online lol

We all have our benefits and what works for each of us makes the world go round lol

5 Likes

I only use 1 Tablespoon per gallon water … I have a cup with a line measures 5 Tablespoons so when I fill my 5 gallon bucket to feed I just drop it in and mix lol

3 Likes

That’s the wrong kind of molasses. Unsulphured is correct, but Grandma’s only produces light & dark molasses; plant food uses blackstrap. The good news is, blackstrap is significantly less expensive too… a case of 4 1-gallon jugs will cost you about $25 + shipping. The 5-gallon bucket is even cheaper, but a lot harder to use before it goes bad. YMMV on where to buy it, of course. :slight_smile: This is the cheapest I’ve found.

3 Likes

Canna boost , I think it’s Cms ( no sugar )
@AzSeaindooin420 , like molasses ZERO lol
: )

https://www.canna-uk.com/cannaboost

2 Likes

I’ve used Brier Rabbit sulphered for almost 2 decades now. I just went to the OP’s choice due to all I could get. I personally, do not think it means anything, S or no S.
I always reasoned (could be phucked up) if you use Sulphur to fight PM, what is the big yank to running Sulphur in my molasses?
I use about a tablespoon to a 5 gallons of water.
As someone posted, there is NO food value, we’re feeding microbes. Sine I love coco husks in my medium, these 2 items should help me cultivate my myco herd. Well at least in my dim mind.
But who nose.

I even tried to get Corn Steep Liquor, that will give you some N value. Used as a fish bait enhancer I found across the pond but shipping and what not I just went to molasses. I think it is overused IMHO. But after a side by side runs, it stays. No big difference, but enough for me.
The 3 Little Birds have lower the OG reciep by a LOT from when they first posted it up 20 years ago on OG.

4 Likes

I’ll tell ya, that’s a strong amount of it. My compost tea recipes call for the 1/2-3/4 tablespoons per gallon and the finished tea gets diluted 1:1 with water

The last month of flower you want to back off of it cuz similar to a flush you want the plant to stop up taking as much nutrient to be able to consume some of that store energy with the plant. Load a full dose of sugars to get the microbes going nuts and the plant is still consuming from the soil and not itself.

Thanks for sharing that info @Cormoran, black strap is def the first go to but as long as it’s unsulphered it still is a great substitute I’ve been using grandma’s honestly because of it’s easy availability in my area, able to get it at Walmart and last time I was in Costco in Vegas I saw the gallon and snatched it up, will def be looking into that stuff when my jug runs out! I’ve had great success with grandma’s in the meantime with excellent smooth smoke

2 Likes

Interesting, I’ll have to check that product out, this year I ran some microbial mass and things went great, don’t know if that product made any difference though cuz I didn’t have a control in my test of it

1 Like

Sulphur can fuck with pH, for most organic growers that don’t bother messing with pH testing it can raise hell if the soil doesn’t have a good buffer from the other things in it. Always used unsulphered and never had issues

2 Likes

The problem with adding sugars to soil, IMO is it is undermining the plants’ natural processes. Plants will exude specific sugars to attract specific microbes that break down what the plant needs at the time. When other sugars are added it will not attract the specific microbes the plant needs at the time.

I use my sugars to make teas or ferments instead. That way you can culture specific microbes to feed the plant.

13 Likes

@ReikoX
I’m not into Mr Grow it ,but I sure learn alot of the old guy trying to grow on Mars lol
If you get a chance an watch this im curious your thoughts on his view on syns an microbes.

3 Likes

So pretty much the use the sugars as a catalyst like adding yeast to a good Wort.I like this idea of this as the sugars would be broken down and digested in the tea to make it less stressful on the plant for uptake as well.That’s a good way to think out side the box.

6 Likes

I want you all to know I’m reading every word that your xpressing as to me and many others here new & old still have a thing or two to learn and get together to mix thoughts and share opinions is a fantastic thing… :love_you_gesture: :fire:

3 Likes

That’s def the only way I use molasses too is in my compost tea brewings, that’s why I’m always hesitant recommending it to people that don’t under the reasoning behind it cuz they can attract pests and create some effed up conditions. Even with our teas I doubt the microbes consumed all of it but the microbes present in the soil should be able to continue to finish it off with the beneficials having the strong hold

It’s exactly that @CapnCannabis your trying to multiply the abundant cultures as fast as you can and the molasses is just giving em something to feed on during the “spawning time”

2 Likes

“Molasses doesn’t technically benefit cannabis plants themselves, it benefits the microbes in the soil or compost teas.”

People keep saying that.

3 Likes

Could also be a boron def too… Who knows? :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

Happy microbes = happily fed plants

2 Likes