Misterbee's Pre-Winter Mini Giveaway Advance Notification!

Thank you @DougDawson for the deepdive. Please accept my apology for the unintended overite and its effects. I thought I had understood how to edit correctly. I will reread the wiki editing and etiquette ad infinitum. Thank you @misterbee.

2 Likes

So @Juicyfruitman was edit 51 and added themselves to spot 6, when they were editing you saw the empty space. since they hadn’t saved yet, and opened the edit. While you were editing they saved. You can then see edit 52 in the screenshot showing you editing which the system highlighted in green on the right and the spot you were affecting highlighted in a pinkish color on the left. Then when you saved it overwrote them. I cannot speak to not seeing a warning. I have people say that to me all the time and I don’t know if they missed the sign or if they didn’t get it. I have no way to say. All I can say is I never overwrite anyone and always see the signs telling me that I have an edit conflict. But as I mentioned, I have no way to say why you didn’t see any warning signs, I can only go by the edit history I posted the screenshot of that shows you editing and saving over @Juicyfruitman.

Believe me when I say I have zero interest in kicking anyone from a signup. I just have nothing but the edit history to go by so if it is a glitch I am sorry for that but it’s out of my control.

13 Likes

Your Historical Record is the Standard, @DougDawson, no exception!! It’s no biggie, just the facts, Peeps. Everything’s back to “normal”, SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

17 Likes

Looks like a successful event ! Of course missed all the fun congratulations to the winners .

1 Like

Thank you @DougDawson for expanding that. My bad.

2 Likes

Holy hell, what a massacre! Lol
Kinda glad I didn’t even try. :neutral_face:
Come on folks. Watch them edits! I’ll post it again for like the fifth time here.

Wtg everyone who did this successfully, and congratulations to all of you that made the cut!:slightly_smiling_face:
:peace_symbol::heart:

12 Likes

+1 :grin:
Thanks anyway @misterbee for seeting up stuff like this!
& to @DougDawson for his work.
Have a great thursday ya’ll :green_heart:

7 Likes

I went through the history before it was first closed, at the same time @allotment did, and got the same results as he did - that I was overwritten twice, but didn’t do any overwrites myself. I’m 100% certain that I was not editing at the time any overwrites were made. I made one edit, to put myself on the list the first time, and then got added on to the list again by people editing old copies of the list. I don’t really care about the seeds, but for the record: this software is a buggy piece of crap, and wiki lists posted at a specific time to be a free-for-all between users are a BAD IDEA. Every damn time, it breaks the forum and turns into a huge mess that has to be shut down and untangled, and most of the time the record is wrong. I’ve seen it many times before where the software conflates two edits into one and people get booted for overwrites that they didn’t do. In this case, I guess it messed up the list yet again when it was re-opened. Dunno, it’s a hopeless case to sort out by now, as usual with wikis posted at a specific time. I don’t think I’ll be participating in any further giveaways with this set of rules, @misterbee. I personally find it annoying and stressful rather than fun, wondering whether you’re going to get screwed over by the RNG of bugs that is our wiki system. Thanks anyway.

This doesn’t show anyone editing anything. This shows the edits that were removed by that overwrite.

You broke the server almost! Lol
Jk this was later.

1 Like

Is thier another program that can be used for giveaways like this that is a little better?

Good grief… how did I miss this?

I didn’t sign up because of all the shenanigans and I think the restraint I’ve shown means I should win something please.

10 Likes

You did win something. You didn’t participate. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

That’s a nice change from all those shitty participation ribbons I got in grade school.

2 Likes

1 Like

With a little bit of guile and cheating I will one day claim 4th place.

1 Like

Sure, but if you give away seeds you can do it in any manner you like.

When I first started getting in seed giveaways, you had to earn it. Like music trivia or something that I actually had to Google!!! :grin:

4 Likes

Agreed. And I believe the sillier the better.

4 Likes

Ya it’s changed drastically here over the last couple of years, when I jumped in it was quite tough to win beans and Doug had epic trivia etc. daily for us (many others as well) nowadays there is a ton of dibs etc. not so many questions etc. but I also found the questions to mostly be (faster internet speeds/provider gets it )

3 Likes

Not to overstep but:

First person who is not @CanuckistanPete who posts in my thread (something amusing please) will receive Triple Spice seeds from me. Canada US International all good.

Did I mention this expires in 5 minutes? Because it does.

I’m in a giving mood but only if you dance through my hot coals.

8 Likes