Musicians and music producers on Overgrow šŸŽ¶

Itā€™s because itā€™s gloss plasticā€¦ the gloss film wonā€™t hold sharpie well, which is why I switched to sticker.

1 Like

Thatā€™s what they are for, to be hammered :wink:
I donā€™t even know what the notes are or how to play them I just play by ear.
Gives you a lovely feeling when you make a catchy tune. Does for me anyways, itā€™s amazing when youā€™re high af.

R right thanks :wink:

What does the midi pad do? Do you just map all the sounds you wanna play to it?

Although more customizable in Ableton Live than the FL Studio that I use, that is essentially the idea. You can map sounds or sequences/loops to each pad along with a color, and use it for live performances.

1 Like

I have a keyboard too which I love messing on with it has an arpeggiator on as does the mpk mini.
The sounds you can make are amazing.

1 Like

There are loads of people on youtube that show you how to do stuff.
I too would prefer a book though as it would make things easier.

1 Like

depending on which model and brand of Launchpad-style controller you get, there are user guides and usually forums full of info.

1 Like

You could become a Dj in a way with just one of those :slight_smile:

Is that how the artists make those tracks?
That is awesome :wink:

1 Like

Lol you can be a DJ with just a laptop or tablet these days :slight_smile: especially since thereā€™s FL Studio Mobile for Android

1 Like

Busy Works Beats or Internet Money have some GREAT GREAT GREAT tutorial videos on learning FL Studio from the start to pro.

Nick Mira btw, does producing work for JuiceWRLD

2 Likes

I donā€™t think I could remember which pad was which :sweat_smile::sweat_smile: , with the piano layout the keys are easier to remember for me and you just go with the sound.
Iā€™m a bit high right now so I apoligise if that last bit didnā€™t make sense :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Launchpad buttons are daunting at first, but itā€™s actually hella fun to just put random samples or loops to different buttons and just experiment from there. Putting related samples in sequence on the keys helps as wellā€¦ nobody is making you put buttons everywhere on it, and the visual effects are programmed separately.

1 Like

Aye true, itā€™s more fun playing an instrument though.
Iā€™ve just thoughtā€¦ theyā€™re all instrumentsā€¦ haha
Itā€™s the technology now itā€™s amazingā€¦

It will just be learning a new instrument ā€¦hmm :sweat_smile:
I want one now :slight_smile:
Could make a full on studio in my bedroom :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

Can you do a vid showing your skills?

Lol it wouldnā€™t be much of a vid since I have a new hard drive coming tomorrow and have everything moved and rearranged to my 4 other hard drives to clear the one Iā€™m replacing,so my programs are all over the placeā€¦ I can show my collection of sound samples thoughā€¦ I amā€¦ quite the collector.

1 Like

So when youā€™ve done that you will :slight_smile:
Where did you get the ones named Cymatics the y sound good.
Iā€™ve just discovered how to change arp styles and so much more on Fl.
It just takes a bit time and patience (nd a few doobies) to fathom all the buttons out and stuff

Thatā€™s exactly what Iā€™ve been looking for, thanks!

1 Like

http://rutracker.org/forum/search_cse.php?q=cymatics