Musicians and music producers on Overgrow 🎶

Cheers mate :wink:
Strange thing just happened there…I’ve not heard this song in ages
“fly with you gigi d’agostino” so I was playing the melody… sat down for a bit and a car just went by playing the exact part I was playing :-o

that one’s good, lil olschool… this is my go-to for the last couple years:

1 Like

That’s a nice tune, not to keen on the grimey bits though (if that’s what they’re called) it kinda spoils it for me. Oldschool is good :wink:

that would be dubstep lol and I find the rougher “grimey” bits offer a very nice contrast and balance to the ethereal female voice… like male contrasting female, dark/light, etc…

1 Like

Oh right, my age was showing there hahaha

1 Like
3 Likes

A little loop I made … Guitars and seeds are my thing… https://youtu.be/nGp41AqeRVQ

2 Likes

I’m into Jimmy Herring , Trey Anastasio Jerry Garcia , the usual suspects lol …

1 Like

how did i not see this post we talking FL STUDIO lol i have a fl 9 demo i been moving from comp to comp for over a decade. did not commit on actually buying the program but I mess around.

reaper is a daw, no kit in it as far as i know. i own it but kinda need a external interface to use it the way i want with out latency.

1 Like

Variety of Sound plugins are free.
Renoise is cheap.
Fun times!

A buddy I rap with made this song and I just suggested he Fiverr it up with a cheap video two days ago and it is done.

You guys should appreciate this, my modular synth setup and a Virus TI2 synth/keyboard. The latter is for making crazy supersaws. The modular can make about anything you can imagine.

9 Likes

that’s fucked up dude. i just got rave high looking at it. lol the interface that takes men to other planets look simpler to navigate. lol

3 Likes

Lol, not bad for a dumb stoner. Sound design is a modern art form. I built 90% of those modules too from scratch. I just ordered the PCBs, sourced the parts, and slapped it together. The side effect was I taught myself electronics. The only thing that kinda sucks is it’s so dry here that the static electricity is insane so I I don’t mess with it for a few months because I’m afraid to fry my gear with said static. Static is like mites to electronics and can destroy it easily. I can actually ground myself but it becomes a pain in the ass.

4 Likes

Anti-static floor mats, not sure if that would help. ever mess around with soft wear modules? space saver i would assume. lol

1 Like

I don’t know man the humidity here is 20% and everything I touch gets shocked. I don’t wanna take any chances and I don’t mind taking a couple months off. If I really get the itch I jump on Ableton as the stock effects are very underrated. As far as VSTs yeah man I love Reaktor the best but nothing can touch the warmth of true analog in my opinion. I like digital too that’s why I got the Virus TI. This way I can do Hardstyle to Tech-House and everything in between.

2 Likes

Yeah. I’ve always worked in the box so my gear is soft synths, modelled plugs and samples that I accrue from every possible source. If I cut a fart and it sounds good. I’ll use it. I don’t polish turds though. That’s a big no no.

2 Likes

I had a buddy back in the day was really into drum and bass, Venetlian Blinds comes to mind and if the name was not ridiculous I would not even remember lol but he was on ( this is back in the day mind you ) REASON I mention that program because it has computer screen versions of your teleport-er machine lol I doubt i will ever afford to be a gear head but I got some buddy with machine gear that looks like the Appleton.

1 Like

for what kind music, techno? … I have been using Reaper for cutting up various audio clips like songs, film,tv,mixing them into little cheap “rap” " beats" I make. I know nothing about drums, bass or cords,notes lol so quotes. but I do have some old school cut instincts.

2 Likes