My first bagseed grow

keep up the good work :+1:

1 Like

Iā€™m gonna practice some good old LIFTA today. Iā€™ll check on the lights in a little bit, but Iā€™m not even pulling 8A total with all the lights. That room has 3 15A breaker switches in it and 1 20A breaker switch. It has 3 outlet pairs on all 3 walls and a overhead light fixture. Iā€™ll test them really fast before I forget. Hopefully a flicker wonā€™t be too bad.

Soā€¦ I need to work on my electric setup. All 3 sockets and the overhead fixture are on a 15A switch. The 3 others on the right side of the breaker box donā€™t seem to go to anything. I checked all of my plugs even the extremely unlikely chance that both plugs in a single socket are wired to a different switch. Iā€™ve seen it once before and it was odd when the fuse blew.

On a side note: The room just permeates a nice skunky aroma mixed with some others, but the skunk makes it hard to place what each smell is.
Either way Iā€™m happy. Iā€™ll wait 2 weeks before I flower. Let them recover fully from the pruning before I flip them to flower. Gives the runt time to grow bigger. Iā€™ll be ordering a new scope as the flipped image I get from my microscope is making it really hard to see the plants even at 60x zoom since I have to go against the plant stem to even see it at all. Barely any focus and the length it can see is about 1cm. You have to actively adjust it based on your breathing and subtle movements you normally canā€™t see. At 60-120x Iā€™m a shaky mess. I Never had a steady hand as I unconsciously shake and sway out of my control. Iā€™ll just get a standard loop to solve this headache. Iā€™ll mess with the scope when Iā€™m not able to be frustrated or when I have to inspect leaves at 100x or more zoom.

2 Likes

I just saw a small red mite crawling on the leaves. Somewhat resembling the small red spiders that come out every spring and summer, but it looked like a mite. Almost like a tiny tick or a macroscopic dust mites as I swear it with my bare eyes and it was at least 1mm in size. Just about a toothpick or so in width. Any clue as to what it could be? Itā€™s looking like I might be screwed this grow, but who knows. Overall the plants seem like theyā€™re not getting any real damage from the pests outside of the occasional housefly that comes in from outside and takes a chunk off a leaf before I kill it. W
I wish I could chase the pests out of the room and kill them too.

1 Like

Wellā€¦ This grow is just filled with bad luck. Theyā€™re working on the house today. Theyā€™re upgrading the wiring in the house. Power will be out for 5 hours. If Iā€™m lucky Iā€™ll avoid flowering them too early, but it looks like I donā€™t have a choice. I opened the window to give them light while Iā€™m not able to give them light from electricity. Hopefully Iā€™ll be able to avoid triggering a night cycle with the sunlight coming in. Itā€™s indirect light though. At sunup the room get bright light, but now itā€™s facing the other side of the house. If anyone can help ease my fears Iā€™d appreciate it, but no need to lie. I need to learn after all and lessons like this teach best in the end. Prepare. Prepare. Prepare.

2 Likes

one day of some extra darkness wonā€™t kill ya man theyll be fineā€¦
a couple weeks ago we had a storm that killed the power for 8 hoursā€¦flowering plants didnā€™t get all their light and the veg plants got 12 darkā€¦ everything is still great.

2 Likes

brick mites or spider mites is my guess on the big as wellā€¦

1 Like

Hereā€™s todayā€™s pics before the outage. Iā€™ll take some before lights out and compare.

Maybe broad mites. It definitely had very short legs. Iā€™m very familiar with the appearance of both spiders and mites. Combo allergies and fear.
Itā€™s the only one to show up at least. I killed it and no otherā€™s showed up, but I did see all the flyers fucking all over the plants and soil. That was just a delight[s]:expressionless:

4 Likes

are you in a position you can get some cold pressed neem oil or even make a natural pest deterrent like tomato leaf spray?

but Iā€™m serious about the lightā€¦ think of a dark stormy morning without much sun. with ambient light from a window thatā€™s what they think it is

2 Likes

I did forget to mention: the mite I saw was red with a dot or 2 of white. Shaped exactly like a tick tbh. I hate those bastards. The first one to ever bite me and latch on created a permanent scab on my scalp somehow. Itā€™s always healing and coming off, then it always comes back soon after.

1 Like

I can try to see about getting some neem oil. Unfortunately personally broke ATM, so Iā€™m at the whim of others who can help while Iā€™m getting back on my feet.

1 Like

Do you smoke cigs or roll blunts if so I hear you can soak it and use that along with plane soap no fragrance or anything just regular soap not sure about how strong though

2 Likes

Both actually. Though only blunts until recently. Oddly even now my desire to smoke is less THC, CBD, or nicotine and more the habit alone. I have a friend who just leaves the pipe tobacco from backwoods at my place when he heads home each time he comes over and rolls a blunt or 2. Next time I get a pile Iā€™ll make some. They do show issues after the leaves get tobacco on them, but they otherwise get left alone when I spray the plants with it. when I soaked the soil it seemed to help for a time until the issue just exploded and got way worse. Iā€™ll be going heavy with fly traps, good old vinegar in a cup with soap, and even just a sacrificial cup of only water as they seem to love drowning in liquid around my house.

1 Like

Can always wipe them after so itā€™s not dried on but can sit for a min

2 Likes

Itā€™s what I do if the lights are on when I spray the leaves. Whenever I notice that the leaves seem to be feeling rough I spray them both you and bottom. Just plain water. No nutrients or anything added.
Iā€™m noticing that they seem to not be needing any extra nutrients. Is it my imagination or have I had issues every time I add nutrients? I noticed that I am doing damage control usually around the same time. Makes me wonder. The next time to water with nutrients in the water is tomorrow. I just watered the day I pruned them and they already are drinking so much of the water in the soil now. Iā€™ve noticed that the water in the Reservoir bin is decreasing in volume as well despite regular watering whenever the topsoil is dry. I still have to install a drainage system either way. Iā€™m not comfortable with the soil at the bottom basically soaking in runoff.

1 Like

Regarding lightā€¦ didnā€™t the ogā€™s on here instruct you to flip to flower anyway?? Iā€™m confused

1 Like

Flowering with light leaks is a good way to waste all my time and money. I was also advised to wait until I solved that before I flower as well as waiting until they recover from the pruning before I flip them. With so much advice itā€™s hard to keep track of it all

2 Likes

I had to reset the mechanical timer, but now it might be more accurate for time. With the AC off Iā€™m at 80-85Ā°F instead of 75 always. The soil is drying fast too, which should be good as I can just water more often. I see them reaching up though. I believe that means I need to raise the lights correct?

2 Likes

Do you mean they are the term used praying meaning the leaves are tilting up?

2 Likes

From the stem yes. They make a cone shape by raising the leaves without bending. No taco/canoe on the leaves.

1 Like