My first bagseed grow

Honestly I think they’re running out of root space as they’re all competing… that’s probably it. Otherwise they look healthy. I know the feeling when you really care so much about plants but just remember they’re weeds and they’ve grown for millennia in harsh conditions without any human help. I thought you were worried about them drying out too quick though? I would just let their roots keep digging deep for water. As far as sex, not seeing anything yet. The dark peroid is good for them so that’s a good switch to 18/6. Just like us they need time to recover and sleep. A lot of growth happens at night as well.
Other than that,just rec getting that timer and getting them into flowering sooner rather than later so you can kill the males and give the ladies their space to stretch and flower. In the first 2-3 weeks of flower it isn’t unlikely they’ll double in size. I’ll recommend again to trim em down to bare bones and doing a big befoliation leaving only the future growth you want that will actually get light so you’ll have big buds instead of tons of popcorn. You’ll find you’ll yield more this way.

2 Likes

might as well use bag seeds first get the problems worked out first.

1 Like

That was the idea. If I started on some expensive seeds on my first grow I’d never forgive myself as I’d be too obsessed. I want to learn not be a slave to my OCD.
At least I have a idea on what strains I have growing despite bagseed. I have 8 strains to choose from for options. 1 of the seedlings died(R.I.P. Tina). I had 1 WW, 2 Purple OG, 2 afgan kush, and I can’t remember what the other 3 were rn. I wrote it down somewhere.

Here’s today’s pics from the side and tops. I really need a proper camera.

Overall doing nicely now. Theres one with leaves that are curling down and feeling crispy on one leaf. IDK what’s going on with that plant. The rest seem to be doing fine, even the runt.
Here’s a pic up close. Maybe it’s a pH thing or maybe I have to act and do something. If anyone can tell me what’s up with this one I’d appreciate it.

1 Like

I’m not 100% certain, but I’m at least 70% on the curled up one having wind burn and I believe nitrogen toxicity also, but not really that much certain. I can’t seem to find much else aside from nitrogen that curls down.
They were dry and crispy feeling when I woke up. After I sprayed the leaves on that one both on top and under with plain water from my tap at room temp and the leaves felt closer to normal texture despite the curl. If I need to provide any more information lmk. It’s the only one that’s doing that bad. I opened the window all day to let in sunlight and fresh air all day. Good thing my window isn’t ground level LoL

Here’s today’s pics. Not a lot different, but it seems like the problem child has a lot of new growth below the top. I’ll use the pruning shears I’m getting to trim off problem leaves that I’m advised to remove.

As always that lovely plant in the corner is doing amazingly well and right on the other corner of the same side, the one who had severe issues seems to be bouncing back. I have noticed the tips of the leaves on the other plants are starting to make a “S” shape. I don’t think I read of anything doing that. As you see the soil top is finally drying out at a good rate. The plan is to let the first 2 inches dry out before I water.

3 Likes

Today’s pics. It seems they grew a decent amount overnight too.

I’ll be away today until lights out. Ordering my 60-120x handheld microscope and a mechanical timer today. Gonna hit the 35 minimum for 1 day shipping. Might need to add pruning shears.

4 Likes

I was finally able to get some more stuff to help out the grow. I got a socket splitter that can handle the lights in adding, a socket extension (2nd verse same as the 1st), some pruning shears, a couple of 2 socket 3 prong mechanical timers(better to have something and not need it than need it and not have it), a couple of corncob LED lights that are supposedly able to replace 150w incandescent(for 10 each I’ll take a gamble on it being less), a 60-120x led lit pocket microscope, and some rope hangars. Cost me(my lovely GF) 75 overall and most of the cost was for essentials I didn’t have at all or a way to create. I’ll get mylar/panda film on my next opportunity to get something. Worst case scenario I use a old fashioned construction bag and duct tape to block light for now. The white paint in my room already does a lot for my lights. I have to close the door even though my (currently)only AC is in that room with both my fans. Seems like they’re more a fan🤷🏻‍♂️ of the 2 in there instead of just the 1.

1 Like

I’ll update with pics later. The shears, timers, hangars, and the microscope came in. I’ll learn how to adjust the zoom and focus and if I can I’ll take pics up close. There no camera in the scope, also it’s difficult to see anything at 60x+. My timer might be a few minutes off, but I set it up as close to accurate as possible. I’ll finish pruning the dead fingertips off after they wake up. I didn’t have time to after installing the rope hangars.

Now the 150w HPS is up close. I centered it until the light was spread over all 7 plants down to the soil level.

I’ll start trimming the leaves that are too close together in the center and the suckers on the bottom of the plants.

Should I take a cutting and clone them if they aren’t showing sex yet? If so please tell me what I need to cut and how.

As you can see I need to work on my pics. Out of focus, but I’ll get a better one later on if I want to take high resolution pics. I’m eyeing a 1600x digital scope with a Android app.
Anyways here’s pics of some white widow I’ve been smoking the last couple of days.

1 Like

Yes, can def use what you trim off for clones. I would label the each plant a number and as you trim, out each branch from each plant into a cup of water (careful not to mix them up). Good call on swapping out the incandescent light as that was probably just a waste of energy and adding extra heat as plants only use light of a certain Kelvin temperature (color). Honestly, unless you give them a major major trim I would flip em into flower sooner than later bc they’re probably getting almost too big for that container. Even after your trim ( if you do decide to take our advice) I would just give em about a week to recover then dial the timer back to 12/12 to start flowering. Honestly, not sure how close you have the lights to the plant but my suspicion is too close and they’re suffering from light burn.

Good luck!

2 Likes

I’d hope not too close. After I moved the LEDs as close as I could without risk of the touching the bulbs they started to respond well. I shopped adding nutes and they are responding really well to that. I noticed that a lot of the issues with the leaves started right after I started to add fertilizer.

New growth no longer has twisted growth or warped tips. So far a week without adding any nutes and I see that they are growing faster, look healthier, and seem to not be getting any more damage to the leaves aside from the pests.

I’ll get some flypaper today. I can pop it over by the window once I open it. Damn things just want to escape through the window, but the screen won’t let them out. As tempted as I am to open it I’ll regret it instantly. I really don’t want to deal with a yellow jacket infestation in my house. Never again. IDC if they seem to love me. Damn things bite chunks off if they feel like it.

Once I can solve the light leaks in that room I’ll start switching to 12/12. Rn they have a 2 hour window with extremely low light leaking in through the cracks where there’s no coverage. Duct tape will solve my problems for now.

Edit: Almost forgot. The container is exactly 1 foot deep, 1.5 feet wide, and 4 feet long. I thought I’d have plenty of room. I’ll start to try and presex the plants. Hopefully I have a female in the bunch.
Tbh I never planned on all of them getting to harvest. I just figured with the bagseed odds I might be better off planting a good amount of them. Hopefully I get at least 1 female.

1 Like

Did I go too far?

I took off the suckers and the new growth I was seeing at the base were the first leaves cane from. It looked like the first growth too. Only 1 finger each side. So odd. I didn’t clone anything yet as I lost track while pruning. I just put them all on the soil top to mulch. While I have help today please tell me if I should do anything that requires strength. I’m not ashamed to admit unless adrenaline is involved I’m weak.

2 Likes

With the light you have, that trim job is pretty good. Bust out that ducktape and get them flipped. :+1::seedling:

1 Like

Your canopy looks great so far :slight_smile:

Other than your dead leaves falling down

1 Like

I would certainly pick up the dead leaves as that is a haven for bugs right there. Like reiko said, for your lights that trim job should work great.

2 Likes

It won’t help to keep them off the plants at all? Damn. Okay. I’ll put them in a jar and maybe I’ll find a way to turn them into tea to water with later. The trichs I saw on the leaves are a good sign at least. so far even though I can’t get the position right to sex them the microscope helps to see if they have hairs or not at least.

2 Likes

Look up FPJ KNF (fermented plant juice; korean natural farming)

1 Like

Thank you!
I got the splitter and 2 lights and just installed them. OMG is it bright in there! :sunglasses:
I’ll take a picture in a bit. I’m collecting the leaves I pruned off now.

1 Like

Here’s the new pics. There’s going to be a lot. I’m excited that they are in fact brighter than my HPS. After I turned them off I saw my light from the HPS and it was very dim in comparison to when I had them on for a minute. Almost immediately after I saw one of the fan leaves already reaching up when before it was starting to droop.

6 Likes