My first bagseed grow

Tbh I always thought it meant they were reaching for the light meaning it could be closer

1 Like

Because wouldnā€™t they drop there leaves if it was to close well thatā€™s my thoughts

2 Likes

Iā€™ve had others tell me to back off the lights. I assumed they meant to raise them. Unless I was being told to stop the 20 hour days in particular, because Iā€™ve noticed much better growth once I grew out the roots a bit on 20/4 to let them adjust to the bin. Itā€™s a huge bin full of 4 cubic feet of soil.
I looked really close and I saw a pair of white hairs growing from behind the node where the stems branch out. Idk what theyā€™re called, but those pointy tip of leaf looking things that groaw at each node.i saw something tiny behind those on each side growing a cloudy white hair. The healthiest one on the back corner is showing female sex to my naked eye if I saw correctly. Theyā€™re 8 weeks old now, so I should be seeing something Iā€™d assume.
I can take pictures in the morning. Iā€™m tired and I have a timer finally. Iā€™m so glad I donā€™t have to stay up anymore tbh. Thank you to everyone including @ReikoX who insisted I get one so often. I promise Iā€™m not ignoring advice. Iā€™m just poor and working out how to get stuff isnā€™t easy. I get it done. I always figure something out.

3 Likes

Thanks for the info @OniTenshu!

1 Like

I just finally learned the things Iā€™m trying to describe are bracts. I saw a calyx and pistil forming on the corner one. That gives me hope that Iā€™ll have at least 1 female.

1 Like

It might have been the low light they had all day yesterday. Today they donā€™t look like hey have any issues. They are growing really fast though. Itā€™s noticably warmer in that room now that I turned off the AC. I had it at a constant 75, but the soil wasnā€™t drying fast enough and IDK why specifically. I just know that Iā€™m seeing improvement today. Iā€™ll have to grow a lot more to find out if thereā€™s another reason for this.

Less cone shaped now

3 Likes

Do urself a huge fav and take the domes off those leds bro itā€™s blocking a lot of light

6 Likes

Okay. Iā€™ve noticed the tips seem to look like nutrient burn despite only feeding water for 2 weeks

1 Like

Update: the temp with the AC off is stable at 80f today. The humidity is at 65% all day the needle wasnā€™t moving at all. I can noticably feel the heat and humidity, but itā€™s not uncomfortable. I may have to spray the leaves with a little water later, but overall theyā€™re doing well. Only the runt has mild curls at the edges of the leaves and only on one shade leaf. The rest are flourishing rn. The room isnā€™t as strong smelling of terpenes today either. Makes me wonder if the leaves were transpiring too much before I let the heat rise 5Ā°. Somehow humidity has dropped too. Today is watering day. I do it right before lights out. Should I be changing the time I water at?

1 Like

Good for you getting the timer. Thatā€™s one less thing to worry about. Did you get that duct tape? Letā€™s get these girls flowering. Sounds like they are ready for it.

2 Likes

I didnā€™t get all leaks sealed just yet. When I go out later today I was going to get some more. I got some 9.5w 2700k LEDs to help add some extra yellow light to the mix. The corncob LEDs I got are actually doing pretty good it feels. It could be the extra light concentrated for all I know.

I have to seal the door and around the AC. The AC is framed in the wall, but I originally sealed it up years ago to keep air in, but I still see light beams coming out of it from time to time. Looking like I need to solve all that first or am I being overly cautious?

1 Like

Arenā€™t these in a closet? Only need to seal the closet at lights out and open it back up at lights on.

1 Like

I have them in the center of my room ATM, but if I had someone help me I could move them to a different spot. Maybe in my closet now would be better. The whole bin wonā€™t fit in it though. The closet I ripped those shelves from was barely larger than the front to back distance of the shelf. My shoulders are wider. Though it would make creating a box for them easier hmmmā€¦ The plug isnā€™t near it though. Iā€™ll have to solve the short cord issue before I move them in the closet.

Edit: itā€™s a 8x10 room. Not even a standard ceiling, but Iā€™m working with what I have atm. 8 foot ceilings, but at least they have room to spread out

1 Like

Oh yeah. I donā€™t have any doors in that closet either. Iā€™m in a small apartment with a hallway connecting to my living room with no door, my old bedroom thatā€™s now my grow room with a 2 inch gap under the door, my bathroom, and an open kitchen at the end. Not a lot of ability to block light to that room without working hard. If sunlight gets in any room in the house, then it lights up my hallway. I should have been more clear about that from the start. At least it barely letā€™s light out of that door when the lights are on. The door letā€™s light in through the hallway very easily. I also have a grate in the vents that you can see the grow room through. I put something over the vent, I have a blackout shade in each window(light still comes in through the gaps), one of them has my only blackout curtain, I used the tablecloth and trash bags propped against the other window with a futon, I sealed any cracks with black trash bags and the rest of my tape, I have 3 of the shelves at the bottom of the door(1 against it flush with the floor and 2 under the crack in the door) in an attempt to block light leaks. Despite all that effort I can still see my hand 2 feet from my face after 2 minutes in the dark in there. I donā€™t have any money for awhile, so Iā€™m relying on my family and friends to help out when they can and only when Iā€™m not imposing on them. I promise Iā€™m working on it, but I need to get a job that can feed me and have money leftover before I could spend any on my grow. As much as I love them I still need to eat or I wonā€™t be there to see them to harvest.

2 Likes

Youā€™ll figure something out. You could always try autoflower seeds instead. I would be happy to send you some. They would have been close to harvest by now if you have vegged these for 8 weeksā€¦

2 Likes

Anywhere you can point me to learn what I should to take care of autos? Iā€™m being told it can be very hard by a lot of people. I want to though TBH. It sounds a lot less expensive to not buy a million and one things to perfectly black out the light.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Thatā€™s not as scary as it was sounding. Iā€™ll take you up on your offer for some auto seeds @ReikoX
I definitely want to make sure I have something to smoke with my grandpa when he visits this year.
Plus I can grow these ones outside if I use containers I can move instead of a all in one choice I made while I didnā€™t know better.
The light at 11am is around 100k-200k lux on my meter. Not a perfect measurement, but the sun is always more efficient than lights for intensity anyways. I never measured the lux at midday yet, but itā€™s also blinding outside at that time. I must be in a area lined up with the sun during those times during the summer. Iā€™m nowhere near the equator though. Iā€™ve seen the sunlight in Hawaii. Not a shadow cast at all when the sun is directly overhead.

1 Like

I didnā€™t water today, but the topsoil wasnā€™t dry enough yet. Iā€™ll water the soil in the morning if enough of it is dry

Iā€™ve seen 4 females now. The runt wound up a female. If not then Iā€™m confusing new leaf growth on it. The other 3 are sprouting white pistils from a teardrop shaped calyx. The front and center one and the front corner one are a mystery to me. Almost looks like green hairs from a calyx. Iā€™ll see if I canā€™t use my microscope somehow. Not sure if Iā€™ll be able to take a pic though. Iā€™ll need a 3rd hand. The back left one doesnā€™t appear to be showing sex yet for some reason, but then again yesterday only the back right one was showing sex.

TL;DR: back left plant is indeterminate sex ATM, front left is female, runt is female, back center is female, back right is female, front right is needing further investigation, and front and center is also needing further investigation. I was able to see all this with my naked eye, and Iā€™ll try to use my scope to see better.