My first bagseed grow

I was assuming that was the case.

Convenience of passing out from heat stroke. I’ll be wide awake for lights on. I’ll provide a full update. I’ll find out by week’s end how long between waterings I need to be. I’m seeing results that make me need to change the way I water. Thanks again @Meesh for recommending this method and @ReikoX for getting me to dry the soil out finally. I’m going fabric pot next time. I’m tired of the headache that is my setup already. Too late to change it though

I think Sadie is foxtailed or growing buds very close together now.

Harmony is looking good. Even the lights say so. No special effects. Just perfect camera glare mixed with catching the light beams before they all widen and even out a bit more.

If I didn’t know better I’d say there’s a sign from above meme in that pic.

Holly is now resembling Sadie in grow pattern

Ingrid is starting to catch up it seems.

She’s reminding me more of Harmony now.
Is that normal for a plant to stretch after 5 weeks in flower? I know I stunted her with the stem cuts she got during the original pruning.

Oh yeah the overhead pics

And the soil pic

2 Likes

Seems I may have solved the humidity issue LoL :rofl:
I moved the fans out of the room to circulate the hot stale air around. 1 day later I see this

Temps fluctuate now as well. Now 80f is the average house temp grow room included.

That just teases me. A frosty calyx just waiting.

I swabbed Sadie with a chunk of shatter to give a terp taste test. She’s definitely in the vanilla and cheese range with a citrus kick. The rest are almost pure citrus smell now. Also the high is more intense than any high I’ve had from dabs before

Now that you thoroughly watered them yesterday… now water less, more often. Wait until top 2 inches are dry and just water that.

1 Like

It seems a few days is the wait time on that. Maybe it’ll be different soon now that the air around the house an not just the grow room is circulating. The AC is on low and pointed at the plants directly. The sway they do isn’t fast and it’s nice and gentle.

I’ve finally noticed that night temps in there are dropping to what I set the AC to. It’s almost down from 90f at mid day to 80 at the end of the day and now the temp is at about 75. The humidity is only around 55%. Overall the fact that I see it vary now means what I suspected before I moved the fans. The heatwave was so bad I was passing out from the heat multiple times. For my health I had to work out a system that worked on the house and not just the plants. The ambient temperature around the whole house is 78 and in the grow room I see 70 while it’s all balancing.

I definitely noticed that it’s not a fast process when I want to change the temp in my house, but once I lock one down it’s stuck there🤷🏻‍♂️.
I’ll figure out how to manipulate it one day.

It just depends. Remember moist, not wet. As a recovered over-waterer, I can’t stress this enough. Best I can describe, if you had one of those cheapy water prong tools on a scale from 1-5 with 5 being thoroughly wet. If you tested all the way to the bottom it would be a 5 the middle 2/3 would be around 3 or 4 and the top 1/3 would be at like a 2… So water top 1/3 when it’s like that.

1 Like

I’ll try to get one soon. I’m working with no income. I might be able to change that soon, but my previous jobs make it hard to get a entry level job now LoL

Mine go through fazes, some days they need water everyday. Right now it’s been 2 and they are still fine.
You don’t need the tool, just an idea of soil moisture. When you stick your finger in you should be able to tell. If I feel any moisture in top 2 inches I wait. Since you watered really good yesterday, you have started over, so just use finger test. You’ll be able to tell

1 Like

I’ll have to start foliar feeding Harmony to keep her happy. Seems she needs more nutrients than the rest if she’s culling her own leaves. Plus that dense bud structure makes me want to root for her big time. She smells strong of citrus too.

I mixed in 0.12g megacrop in my spray bottle with an oz of fpj. I added 10 drops of the soap to the mix and shook.
I didn’t spray the soil, but I got each of the plants Tonight top to bottom. If it’s going to be awhile till the next feed I don’t want to stress them. I shouldn’t have to do it that often. Just when I see issues between waterings if at all.

It’s a mystery with everything else if the fpj is doing anything. It smells like kombucha LoL. I know it’s safe to drink, but that doesn’t make me want to. I however noticed I seem to get intoxicated when it gets on my hands, so gloves from now on. Though my hands feel good instead of tense and in pain, so I might not if the bonus is I don’t feel arthritic.

IDK if my ratio is low or high. My spray bottle is only 8oz. I’m probably using too high amount of fpj though.

It’s just about lights on, so I can see what the difference is if any after a day adjustment. At least one thing seems certain this grow: anything that happens with them shows fast. I’ve been able to tell light bleaching from a nutrient issue easily now. It won’t be just 1 or 2 leaves. I’ll see them suck the life out of themselves once they display issues. Works for me, but I’d prefer a slower progression. I’d like to not be horrified when I see issues.

They look better to me, but at this point I can’t trust my eyes here on first instinct.

I’m seeing a trend of decreased trichomes when I spray, so I’ll be not doing that with that bottle anymore. At least they seem to recover quickly after. Still I’ll use a mister once I find it. Though I’m likely to make a better one as I don’t want to make it forceful. At least I caught it before I did more damage.

Harmony is looking really good today

Sadie is looking good too

One of her popcorn buds look so frosty

Ingrid is looking better gradually. It definitely seems she’s a at her own pace type to me. I can’t quite pin down any timing.

I didn’t get a lot of pics of Ingrid. She honestly reminds me of the lower branches of Sadie now. I hope she surprises me.

Harmony is looking odd. Those leaves are looking different from the rest of them.

Apparently I’m tired even though I just woke up. FML :ok_hand: I can’t think of anything else to add to the update

3 Likes

Trichomes are recovering already. The frost is almost back. I pointed the fan away from the plants and up at the lights. The AC is on 70. Fan is on turbo now instead of low as any direct force from the AC is too powerful and causes windshear. As long as they need to cool off I might as well make the room cooler. I didn’t use any flash in my pics. It seems they are starting to turn cloudy. I’ll see if that’s the case soon. The trichs all seem to have burst last night and coated the leaves around the buds. I wish it didn’t happen. It’ll be interesting if that actually was a good thing, but I’m sure I reduced overall yeilds now.

I took some more pics.

Ingrid is filling out now

Sadie is a picture hog LoL :ok_hand:

Here’s Harmony

I didn’t take any more. Holly is mixed in the group pics. At lights on I’ll take new pics. I’m seeing very good growth at a nice pace today. I’ll give them a night an I’ll probably have to water tomorrow as well. The first inch of soil is almost bone dry. The 2nd inch is damp at best. I can feel moisture and see a darker color, but it feels like that magic sand crap RN. Wet, but dry at the same time.

Am I the only one who’s happy the trichomes recovered this quickly?:grin: I’m just wondering if the high wind in there to circulate the dead heavy air was actually hurting me. Now that it’s not directly on the girls I see a strong improvement. I’m just happy I caught it before the plants got sliced from that heavy wind. They weren’t showing me it was too forceful, but the sliced pistils were definitely a sign they had to be moved away from the wind.

4 Likes

I can see you growing some beautiful plants in the future (not that these arnt nice they are). U got seeds to pop next run that you know the name of?

1 Like

those plants won’t need nutrients for weeks. he is growing in fertilized soil. if anything he has too many nutrients on them so young with premade soil

I have these. Thanks again for the pack @ReikoX I’ll make sure they don’t have anything close to the same issues. If I have to wait a bit after this grow I will, but I’ll grow with better soil next time. Unless this soil magically fixes the gnats I’ll be replacing it next grow.

1 Like

Ouu i am growing out some lowryder x la divas now from @ReikoX too. Can’t wait to watch u grow them out man. Congrats on the plants again, (I don’t mind bag seed, you just never know).
Cheers

1 Like

Honestly I think I’m in preference of regs. I’d rather have the option of a full potential than something that will have it’s full potential reduced to ensure a genetic predisposition to female. Though I want to breed when I get more experience, so that’s probably weighing that preference down that road either way

2 Likes

Is it just the light or do I see bud rot on the second photo at the top?

1 Like