My first bagseed grow

I prefer to harvest right before lights on. The plant moves sugars (exudates) to the root at night to feed the rhizosphere.

1 Like

Well to be specific harvest time is in 12-24 hours from now. I’ll be harvesting all 4 plants. I doubt the roots are coming out easily, so if I can’t easily pull them out I’ll be chopping them at the base and moving the soil out of the room as my GF hangs the plants. I’ll have a small setup to isolate them somewhat. If flies want in they’ll have to work hard. The cold temperatures will also help them to be less of a issue too. It’ll allow air in and out though.
I’ll have the cabinet shelf back in the wall to stabilize it and free up the room to better place the fans for better airflow. I’m spending the rest of the time before harvest cleaning up my place spotless.
I’m ife cold, so I’ll have to do something to keep warm today

Once I harvest I’ll be bringing the soil outside to get the roots out and I’ll leave the soil outside to further isolate any flies from getting to the plants and bugging me. LoL pun

If I’m going to be either throwing out or letting it sit out in the sun does the timing matter or is that a good thing for the plants to move the sugars out before harvest?
I can wait until midnight again, but I missed the window last night after passing out.

I took pictures too. They’re all ready for harvest. Little to no clear heads left if any are on the plants. Sadie’s top is very Amber, so I’ll enjoy that smoke when it’s time.

I’m just going through the shots now.
I have some regular pics to share at least

The room is not bad for humidity once I could turn the heat on finally. It’s set at 72 to help the overall temperature regulate easier.

Edit: I have the chosen pics now
Sadie

Ingrid

Holly

Harmony

2 Likes

You’re over thinking it, just chop whenever is good for you man…

1 Like

Works for me. I’ll finish cleaning up the house and chop em down. If it goes according to plan they’ll be dry around Halloween or so

1 Like

Harvested and hanging now. I took off a couple of hangers off Sadie and Harmony that would get in the way and I put them in a jar in the freezer to make some oil with later.

Last pics before I harvested

Harmony here was too heavy for her stem🤣

Speaking of stems

Harmony

Holly

Ingrid

Sadie

That mess bugs me to no end. Now that I can move around in there I’ll be cleaning it up🤦🏻‍♂️

3 Likes

Well my heat went out when I left for the day yesterday. The temp in the house is 58-60f and the humidity in the room is 40%. I put a damprid bucket in the room as assurance. No hints of anything wrong as far as I can tell. Harmony’s top is a darker almost brown it seems, but other than color nothing feels or looks wrong.

1 Like

Well I felt the bud today and they felt a bit crispy, but the stems are still full of moisture enough to be hollow, but pliable. Any advice?

The stems need to snap in half. If they bend there is still water in there. They will mold if you jar.

1 Like

LITFA!.. Patience young grasshopper

2 Likes

That was the plan, but I wanted to be sure the buds weren’t drying too fast. I keep hearing about crispy buds and it meant they are drying too fast, but it has been about a week now, so I guess it would be odd if they weren’t at least close to dry. It’s just not the right level yet thank you. I’m planning on letting it dry until Halloween or later if it needs it

1 Like

I read 68 degrees/55 rh to dry

1 Like

I’m at 60f and 40-45% Rh ATM. My AC is set to 64, but they just want to dwfy my settings no matter what I put that thing on

1 Like

It’s probably fine. I think too high is worse than too low. At least you don’t get terpene degradation

1 Like

I accidentally molded a few of my jars from jarring too early. Boy, do I learn quick from screwing up. lol

3 Likes

Same here. The amount of things I did wrong leading to here dropped my yeilds by a lot, but I’ll take my QP-HP looking amount that knocked me on my ass with the immature bud I tried

2 Likes

Well it looks like my initial suspicion of harmony may have been correct. She’s crispy dry and definitely lower than 40% humidity. I did a test squeeze on a bud to see if it was bud rot and I don’t feel any soft texture. Just flaky dry crumbling bud. I think they might have dried too fast.

On closer inspection I saw some mold on a sugar leaf. Black and fuzzy with a white speck like a eye.

2 Likes

I don’t think they were at 60 degrees then per your older post

2 Likes

My very first clones dried up really fast and turned brown and crumbly in like 3 days. I’m pretty sure it was because they dried too fast plus a combo of over nutrients and watering issues during grow. Each of my 17 plants that I harvested as I learned were progressively better. The autos before this one didn’t have the right dry or cure so some got mold and some were fine but no flavor. The last 4 of my monster plants are drying now. Healthy plants with no problems through grow and I changed up the room they are drying in, cut out sunlight, added a fan and seem to be drying very slowly. After a week they are still pliable with no smell. I believe I have saved the terpenes from burning off from too high drying temps and the fan is keeping air circulating and the humidity fairly steady. It’s all a learning experience. We will both learn from our mistakes.

1 Like