My first time

Flowering Day 18

I heard autoflowers flower around 30 days. It feels like my nugs won’t get any bigger from now. The pistols started turning amber

4 Likes

They will get bigger. Don’t worry too much bud.

4 Likes

yes they will get bigger - you aren’t looking at the pistils to be amber, you are looking for the trichomes to be amber, which you can only see under magnification. You can get a cheap USB microscope that can hook up to your phone to allow you to see the trichomes - use this diagram below:

Trichome-Color-Harvest__mKX37D83BMfb98Ka

5 Likes

The pistils have probably turned brown from the bug spray you put on the plant, it will start throwing out new ones as the buds bulk up.

3 Likes

You will always have new pistils coming in. Even up until that beautiful day of harvest.
You will get different effects from your smoke if you harvest at different times. Your trichomes will go from clear to milky to amber. You don’t have to necessarily wait until they all turn amber. Usually the more amber trichomes will give you a more couchlock feeling. The longer you wait the more amber they get… But that depends on the strain as well.
You Indicas dominate plants are best for the evening. They tend to get you sleepy. The Sitivas dominate plants are mostly used to get your day started. There more up beat.
I believe that your are running a CBD plant so that may not necessarily apply. After 60 day take a sample and see if you like it. Once you get a couple of grows done you will feel more comfortable knowing what exactly your shooting for. I recommend one of these:

This is one of my pictures recently took with mine. It works great. You can check for bugs and check your trichomes. You might want to double check to make sure you phone is compatible. There is always the cheaper route:

Either way you can get the same result. The microscope will allow you to share your pictures if you have any questions.
Best of luck to you.

2 Likes

Thanks man, my cbd plant is long gone, I burnt it down last time. This one is either Lemon cheese from @cogitech or AK 47 from seriousseeds.com

I germinated one of each, but one of them didn’t sprout. It does smell amazing already.

Probably will let them get super dark Amber, haven’t smoked weed since last year February. :sweat_smile:

Will get one of these loops today.

4 Likes

Cool. At least your persistent. You’ve been going like what? 8 months now? It feels good when you grow your own smoke. I’m happy you got some THC growing. CBD is good dont get me wrong. But when you wanna smoke, you want to SMOKE!
She’s going to start fattening up here soon. Just hold tight. When I use to do gorilla grows when I first started out I always planted twice the amount then what I wanted. Mother nature would shake me down from time to time. I feel your pressure only having one. Have you shopped around for any soil yet? Once you do you should see a world of difference. Will be alot easier for you. Keep up the good work! :v:

3 Likes

I am about to.

One important question. Do you guys reuse the soil from your previous plant or buy another pack for fresh seedling?

3 Likes

I prefer to use new soil, but I have been known to reuse the soil, after giving it a flush, and then I reintroduce new mycorrhizae.

@LilJonB I have the exact same scope and it works great - can’t beat it for the price.

vlcsnap-2021-01-07-17h34m08s708

vlcsnap-2021-01-07-17h35m26s650

vlcsnap-2021-01-07-17h35m46s600

vlcsnap-2021-01-07-17h37m04s220

6 Likes

Got an interesting question.
I am mentally getting ready for upcoming spring, and I wanna plant around 30 seeds, some of them won’t sprout and some of them will be male, so eventually I may end up with 10 plants.

I was thinking about tent too, but due to high humidity, and unpredictable rains, I may not predict exactly when I should put them in tent and when shouldn’t. I can’t keep them there 24/7 coz I may have fungus there. So I came up with a solution as chinese wooden hat like this one.

I am planning to cut of the top and wear them above the soils. The plant itself will be out, and will be getting rainwater, sunlight and whatever is going on, but the soil will stay dry.

My question is, how important is it to keep the top of the pot open?

Is that a big problem if leaves are getting rain water?

1 Like

I thought you had coco. People reuse both coco and soil.
I believe you wash your coco to reuse. Soil you recharge it.
Here is some information on reusing coco.

Soil can be a little more tricky to get the best results. People recharge there soil with amendments. Here is some information on the reuse of soil.

As someone that reused soil from my last outdoor season. I dont recommend it for beginners. I just used liquid nutes threw out the whole grow. I did ok but I did run into some problems that I couldn’t figure out. I’m glad the grow is almost done.
You should get your hands on some good soil. With good soil the plant practically grows itself. Hardly any PH problems. The only time you will have to feed is towards the end of your grow.
Personally I recommend FoxFarm Ocean Forest. Alot of people use Pro Mix. Don’t know what kind though.
I only reuse soil if I’m in a spot where I can buy soil. I understand your in a unique situation. I can’t imagine. I’m sure others with first hand experience will chime in. Take it easy bro. :v:

I dont see a problem with using the hat on heavy rainy days. Your going to want to get to your soil. You can always try it with one plant and one without. See which one dose better.

4 Likes

Hey @LilJonB
Thanks for explanation. I was actually thinking about experimenting on soil and on coco and compare them. The reason why I wanna experiment both because our climate is humid, and coco allows lots of hair flow in the roots while soil may not.

That’s why I have to compare first.
Regarding that hat, I think it would help me to keep my plants out of molds and etc. thanks for your opinion man, it matters too much for me

4 Likes

Cool cool. I always like a comparison experiment!
Its no problem at all. How’s your girl doing? Has your issue spread? Or dose it seem like an isolated issue?

3 Likes

Sounds like a cool experiment. :+1:

Aloha From Hawaii :call_me_hand:t5:

3 Likes

Buds are little fatter, they smell is crazy good. I sprayed withP nute two days ago, that’s why you white spots.

6 Likes

If you spray your plants with nutes and it leaves residues. The next day spray with just ph water to remove it. Your plants will that you for it. :grinning:

Shes definitely packing it on! Keep up the good work. Its been a long time coming. You really deserve it man. You have been going at it for quite some time. Your first plant is something you won’t forget. :+1:

2 Likes

Maaaan,
I touched the bud today, it smells crazy delicious. Something in between chocolate and lemon. After touching it my fingers got sticky, I immediately licked my fingers in order to loose any thc lol.

I can’t wait to try it. Of course it wouldn’t happen without pros that took care of me like a baby.

Damn I appreciate all the guidance here.

5 Likes

@Badger @Shadey, @GMan @LilJonB @dequilo

I ordered a cheap loupe but couldn’t see anything there anything. So I returned it to the seller, now I ordered the one which @LilJonB offered. Probably will arrive within 4-5 days.

Won’t it be too late if my plants are ready today? It’s sticky AF, smells really good.

The trichomes are little white (not transparent). Maybe is it the time I should cut it off?

7 Likes

No way man. Most strains are gonna go at least 50 days after they start flowering, from what I know. She’s got a long ways to go. Generally most of the pistils will have turned, and yours are still mainly white.

5 Likes

Yeah what Badger said, its got a while yet before you can chop.

3 Likes