My Medical Grow

I’m thinking I could harvest anytime now pistils are 90 percent reddish brown and the trichome’s are mostly cloudy with a little amber starting on the edges of the buds maybe 2 percent ? I thinking of trimming each plant again and check each day with a loupe . I’ve never grown the bling before their really putting on the weight but would love to catch right at the peak . No matter what I decide I will have a lot of jars full of top shelf home grown . I’ve been testing the Bling real good smoke long lasting high strong buzz makes you aware of all the sounds outdoors not sure about taste or smell with all the smoke from the fires in my throat .

9 Likes

I love that kind of smoke! I harvested all my colas and left behind the smaller buds for experimentation purposes. I’m glad I did because the buds are turning red and purple. Don’t know if they will be better but they will sure look a whole lot different

3 Likes

Looks delicious! Happy Harvest!

1 Like

I had to start the chop found 8 striped little green pillars so far on a bling . I’m

giving them a close trim no damaged so far nice firm bud and super sticky 3 hours on this plant and barely a dent 1/4 of a tote but nice close pre trim . I want to leave the caterpillars outside and dead I think their dropping from the oaks and the wind blows them hanging on a web . I forget the photos

8 Likes

Back at it early with the rising sun I found one pillar so far and a couple dead :grinning: Stopped for a garden veggie and egg burrito with bacon and fresh black coffee . Back to the bad air and a hot day ahead .

5 Likes

Hey @gramps. Hope all is well. I was wondering if you don’t mind sharing how do you cure your smoke?

1 Like

For that bottom picture you must’ve been listening to Ted Nugent Stranglehold.

3 Likes

I just hang in a dark dry spot until every thing just snaps off then tub . Then they go into a cool dark place and burp once in awhile until ready to finish trim and jar . Then burp the jars don’t what to trap too much moisture . I can turn a tub full over too make sure no moisture on the bottom need to be real careful mold can ruin your day . Don’t want too dry either rainy or foggy weather will rehydrate if you just pop the lids overnight in a sheltered spot or a couple fresh flour tortillas tossed on top overnight . It takes me all winter lol .

5 Likes

The Vanilla Frosting has become my favorite sorry girls :sunglasses:

15 Likes

First photo is after removing all the fans from a Bling then as I slowly spread the tops and more clean up the insides were full of dead leaf . And after a little more of clipping of the dead and dying I have a nice plant with lots of tops . Still letting her go down to 50 degrees last night I think the rain is passing us by .

11 Likes

The start of trim hell or heaven depending on your view lol .

11 Likes

I bet it smells really good in there :smirk:

3 Likes

So far the vanilla Frosting is the best this season I’m so stoned :sunglasses:

12 Likes

So far I have 9 rows with 34 tops per row of vanilla frosting and a hanging basket dryer with a load of bud .I think I’ll need a bigger pipe :sunglasses:

8 Likes

Looking excellent may I suggest a large smoker in a small sealed room with a bunch of friends ! The large big chief smoker can get a room of 20 pretty loaded .

3 Likes

Definitely bigger papers :cowboy_hat_face:. Seriously an outstanding outdoor grow. I look forward to seeing next years!

3 Likes

I’ve harvested all the tops off the Bling and Vanilla frosting and getting ready to chop the Romulan . My drying rack and a close up of a Romulan bud super sticky .

11 Likes

So with my ability to control the weather I’m going to get another chop on this Vanilla Frosting Nov 2 2020 N. California 2000 foot elevation no rain and 83 at 1pm .

13 Likes

I was back to picking through this Vanilla Frosting buckets full of nice Bud so around a Tote full on the second chop and still more to trim out . Some top shelf medicine real potent and smooth easy token after a two week hang . .

10 Likes

Its raining thank God ! maybe the end of the fire season and my grow until next season .

3 Likes