Neb's 1st Grow Log

Maybe hash master @JoeCrowe can help me out here.

I’m on week 7 of 10 of flower and my buds seem to be making seeds now. Assuming im using everything to make hash would the next 3 weeks do anything to improve quality or is the plant just focusing on making seeds now :thinking:

1 Like

I had my MMH herm. I let it go as it was still making Tichs. I turned mine into tincture.

:green_heart: :seedling:

3 Likes

You’ll be able to make good hash out of seeded buds. Smoking the seeds husks tastes like popcorn.

2 Likes

What are the odds only some of the buds got seeded :thinking: or was it most likely all of them in the tent…

2 Likes

The more I look the slimmer a chance of unseeded buds I’m seeing haha maybe ill just stop looking :joy:

Im gonna have alot of hash :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Well now im really confused on if i have seeds or not.

Reading this they might just be ovules?

Yes it is hard to tell as they both swell. I cut down some once thinking the had hermied but just puffy ovules.

:green_heart: :seedling:

1 Like

Maybe a better question is if i really did get pollinated these should grow in size over the next 2 weeks right? I’m not sure how fast seeds start forming after pollination.

I haven’t actually seen any signs of a Hermie but i have a few burnt tops from being to close to the lights i just assumed I cant see it.

I hear you bud. I was running 4x diff strains in my RDWC 2 cycles ago and ONLY this past month did I find out 3 of the 4 strains seeded a few buds. My space was so noded out and tightly packed it’s impossible to actually get to some places to see what is happening. I need to buy a snake-camera when one goes on sale for the times that even solid “Gardener’s Yoga” moves won’t cut it.

At least I know the seeds were stored well as it’s been curing in a jar for months. :laughing:

2 Likes

I’ve had buds produce like 1 or 2 pretty hidden bananas that I didn’t catch until later on that could have possibly pollinated a plant or 2. Not positive but I’ve ended up with a few plants with micro seeds before with no obvious signs of males.

I’ve personally never flushed, never made sense to me. I fed last grow like 2.5 EC right up until harvest and it burns white. I don’t see how things that are already assimilated into the actual plant tissue can be taken out. IME a shit burn is usually either not dried enough or possibly tiny micro seeds. I’ve even seen people take out buds that were dried very well and had them burn like shit because they were rolling outside in like 65% humidity or some other humid environment.

Fasciation is actually very often mistaken for polyploidy but you can’t tell a polyploid plant by looking at it, only with a DNA test.

1 Like

I appreciate you stopping by with all that info! I’m assuming those plants with micro seeds smoke similar to seeded bud?

1 Like

Pretty much but IMO worse because at least fully mature seeds are somewhat easy to pick out when some of these seeds are super tiny but still can make everything burn black and are easier to miss.

I actually just trimmed a bunch of some super larfy lemon lotus that I fucked up and I gave an oz to a buddy to try and he said it burned black so I suspect that’s what it was. The bud was hanging downstairs for 11 weeks before I actually trimmed it so doubt it wasn’t dry enough, plus the non larfy stuff I trimmed from that grow after only 2 weeks burned fine.

1 Like

Just to clarify when you say micro seed you think that’s a large unpollinated ovule? I’m reading some stuff that suggests it could just be a genetic thing that produces undesirable large ovules without any pollen.

I mean a seed thatjust started to form after pollination but had almost no time to mature because it got harvested so they’re super tiny/hollow.

I notice on a lot of strains I grow the swollen look of them often looks like it’s seeded when it’s not though. I get a little bit of paranoia every grow from it haha. Some of them look really big like they’re full of seeds but really aren’t.

Hopefully yours are just swollen looking with no seed forming inside, I can’t really tell from the pic.

3 Likes

This is a pic from the breeders website of a finished bud. Now that I look at it if this isnt seeded maybe im worried about nothing :thinking:

6 Likes

My advice I received from Mr.Dawson was to let it go longer.
I had a 9lb hammer that looked like it was hermine. Maybe got one seed fron 3 oz. Un developed.

But you may as well get some potant weed with a few seeds than some less potant with undeveloped seeds.

Run it!!!
Edit. I also remember hearing that thc production is stopped to produce seeds.

Ah damn ! Lol
Edit
Difference being herming and pollinated

1 Like

Ok I chopped a bud that I think is for sure seeded

4 Likes

Yeah, that’s the exact type of bud that makes me super paranoid that my shit is seeded but for the most part that hasn’t been the case.

Since I’m pretty shit at explaining things I took a pic of my super larf lemon lotus to try and help explain the shit burn thing. ( Don’t laugh at my schwag haha)

It looks like there’s a bunch of seeds that just started to form barely had enough time to mature so instead of being large,hard and easy to separate, they’re small and hollow. So even if you grind it up you’re gonna get hollow bits of seeds in there that likely will fuck up the burn.

4 Likes

Yea I think mine looks more like yours

1 Like

Mine eneded up being very swollen calyxs and skme crowning I think it’s called something else though… Too much nitrogen maybe ?

1 Like