Need help & ideas : exhaust linked by the same liner

I will draw quickly the thing then expose the problematic than i encounter.

Disclaimer : i’m very bad at dabbling, diy stuff etc … ideas and fuel but never the hands for ^^

So, i was happy to barely finish the room (except electric lines) but when i’ve plugged the RVK for a test : the RVK 1 blow the air of the RVK2. At first i was thinking than i’ve mounted it “reverse” but no. The torque of the RVK1 is too weak (but way enough to extract alone the tents 120 + the tent 40), and/or the torque of the RVK2 is too high.

Actually this is maybe the 4th version of the setup ^^ Still not running, my nerves are melting lol

The RVK2 have more torque than i was thinking but not enough when i put it as a main extractor outside the second tent. The carbon filter in this case don’t suck enough for the light i have inside (1KW CFL in the tent on the right). When i fix it just behind the carbon filter, it’s just perfect (not overkill, not a little below, just perfect).

Everything is mounted “in hard”. No “flexible duct”.

I think than my error was to under evaluate the line between the RVK2 and the chimney-outside in term of “compression”. The upper part of the chimney (at 15 meters from the ground) still have a powerfull airflow lol This stupid air want to dispatch to much on the left because the direct access to the RVK1 (i guess).

1. I’m tempted to replace the RVK1 by a 680m3/h just like the RVK2, even if it’s a crazy rate for the real need lol But even in this case i don’t known if i will waste money and will change something.

2. I need help to find an aerodynamic trick lol If any, i’ve allready have tryed a valve and the RVK2 push too much the valve for the torque of the RVK1, this last can’t open the thing.

Due to the structure of the room, i can’t change the right side of the RVK2. Not only because it’s allready cemented, i can destruct it, but because i can’t do it in another way. A more direct one than will solve the problem in removing the pressure, i guess lol

Any suggestion welcome, i need inspiration as hell.

1 Like

I’ve read a few times this great thread, drawn curves-schemes-diagrams on a bunch of A4, then i’ve tryed something DIY.

I usually use duct fans to cool the CFL bulbs, making them litterrally cold and to permit to put them the closest possible in the flowering space. In synthesis, they are just neons so they need to follow the height of the plants.

The idea was to accumulate the torque of three of them (~200m3/h-115CFM each) to give a boost to the RV1. It work both on the paper and with a “frankensteinized boost tube” in action, the 4 in an inline tube have a more solid curve in pressure. The difference was very obvious without the RVK2 in action, both in passive intakes holes of the tents and in the final spot of the outtake (end of chimney). I’ve discovered by this way than to “strength up” the torque/pressure resistance don’t increase the flow but reduce the loss of flow in boosting the pressure resistance curves of rotors. I’ve never took this equation this way before with no-centrifugal extractors.

But in my context, to balance the RVK1 tent this way will mean a ridiculous long “booster tube” (i’ve calculated 15 inline duct fans to compensate the torque of the RVK2 damn) and a nightmare for my twos left hands. So i will directly get a second 680m3/h - 400cfm RVK to put in the left tent, in reducing the tube distance between the twos big tents.

After some private messages and phone calls, i’ve finally found my initial errors on this setup with some help of skilled hands, let’s share it for the documentation.

The red dots are points of the circuit with high pressure turbulences, the big one being in the T junction by the proximity of the RVK2. The accumulation of a difficult context (chimney path) and a bad choice of tool (T junction over an Y junction) have maded all this mess. I proud to say than the only thing i don’t missed in this context is to put the RVKs the closest possible of the air to renew lmao

Unfortunately, i can’t change the T for an Y do to the angle and the lack of free space to handle it without any flexible duct (total silence is gold here). So i’m good to spend more money than required, then to take a RVK than have enough pressure to broke the “pressure ball” in the T junction, in reducing enough the distance between the tents too.

In hoping it will give inspiration and/or help to somes a day, best vibes !

1 Like

I consider @Enstromentals to know a lot about this extraction things… Maybe he can help.

Sci :robot:

OMG, my bad i looked at the drawings and thought it was an extraction system, when i saw CFMs, i realized…

Sorry @Fuel… LOL

2 Likes

In digging the enstromentals posts i’ve quickly understood the mistake too ^^ But was fun and thx for the concern anyway lol

Sorry my bad english vocabulary, “exhaust” was maybe more appropriated.

1 Like

Will correct it for you bro… NP!

2 Likes