Can't get my scrubbers to work?

Run your larger flower room out your existing ducting and maybe try lung room for the little tent?

I don’t know if you’ve really got an issue or just a sensitive nose, but several OG’ers above talked about their issues with similar setups. When you posted the pic, I thought, oh yeah, I see that now

But some more “smoke a bowl” testing won’t hurt. But you should close up all the tents completely, just unzip enough to exhale directly into a tent then zip it closed. . That’ll give you a better test than doing it with the door open. Can’t get best negative pressure with an open door :grinning:

1 Like

I am pretty sure pot smoke is stinkier than plant odors.

1 Like

That’s what I thought as well.

Ballasts directly on the wood beam, i wish you the best but an insulated panel that regroup everything safely with a “kill switch” is not so a luxury imho. A modded scavenged cabinet, something like that.

Your column is pretty nice, high grade for me ^^. I usually buy cheap plastic things for sewage, i’m jealous.

But seriously it’s supposed to work like that, the debits sound good and all three are filtered. I think that you’re fighting with a more global factor that is limiting the pressure of outake. If it’s enclosed like an aquarium, it can eventually be your nemesis.

What’s going on with all tents full throttle/filtered and when you open your front door or the windows ? Push/Pull feeling ?

1 Like

What’s a column? You think that ballast is a hazard?

1 Like

The central “column” collecting the air. I don’t think you’re in front of similar factors but if the thread can help …

For electricity yes. It’s not only the wood, that will be worked by the heat months after months but also because it’s fixed on a structural element. I can take a photo of a cheap solution tomorrow if you want.

If you’re stressed about odours definitely invest in a appropriate sized can filter, they’re pretty reliable, they come in alot of sizes so I’d go with the biggest that’s suited to the fan. & for peace of mind get your self an odour control block/gel that sits inside the exhaust duct exit, the air blows over it and they work great :+1: they come in different smells, I’d go with fresh linen or something. Best of luck mate :+1:

I still say dumping all the smelly air to one location then filter it from there. If your filter is good quality then there shouldn’t be a problem I ran a 14 inch 150 lb can filter it looked after a 28x32 ft room with zero smell.
You can also run a second scrubber with the fan blowing though the filter directly into your room sort of double scrubbing the air since you’ve got 3 filters .

3 Likes

Lost me on the later part? Are you talking about a filter on the end of my exhaust run that scrubs one last time before dumping it out?

Perhaps I run one tent on a scrubber out to the room, and then the smaller 4x4 I can recirc the air inside the room? The room is not sealed however… the ceiling is open joists… how can I effectively scrub an open room like that?

The filters I have I believe are sized correctly although seem to not be to good. I’m looking to get 2-3 CAN filters to try instead. My question is this… according to the sites the approrpiate CFM Scrubber for a 5x5 is anywhere from 200-250 from what I am getting on the calculators. My 8" vortex as mentioned above moves 800CFM so I have to run it on like a 2 setting. What if I got a 500CFM or so rated scrubber and ran my fan on a higher setting… The CFM for the scrubber can match my fan but thats way more then a 5x5 tent calls for… Is that a problem?

Also this all sounds good dialing in the fan speeds for the scrubbers but I guess when I get to temps and need to adjust exhaust speeds to control temps it’ll throw the scrubber back out of whack if it doesn’t ahve enough dwell time. Oh this is such a massive headache.

Yes suck dirty air in through the fan and blow it out through the filter into your room then have a second fan sucking the dirty air and extracting it out of the room . Basically double filtering .

1 Like

I could do that. I also could stick a filter in the lung room as well as the tents… basically would be a filter per tent, one filter on the exhaust end of the 30ft run, and then a filter on floor in lung room… Can’t imagine that wouldn’t work? I have 3 oldschool 6" and 8" vortex filters so could easily just sit one of those on a filter on the flooor of lung room as well (if needed)…

Secondly, sitting here debating scrapping the 2.5x4 , moving the 4x4 to a different room and using it just for veg, and adding an 8x5 or something and just having that in that room for flower… seems easier as I don’t have to control so many rooms and I could return one of the ac infinity fans and move both lights into one tent… but then I’d be tossing out a tent I already bought and having to add an additional tent… then the headache of setting and moving it all around again.

OR I could keep it all as I have it… do what I said above for filtration, and then for the duct work I found the attached fittings which I believe make more sense then the “T” fittings I have which could lead to back pressure etc… These all seem to funnel the air directly into the direction of the central line and I’d imagine would cause it all to flow smoothly… See attached photos…

Whats everyones thoughts, what would you do? Appreciate everyone that has offered help.

Also if someone can riddle me this, the Phat Filter website Calculator shows I need a 275CFM filter for scrubbing, but the Can Filter site is showing 120CFM for same size tent… photos attached… What am I missing?

I still don’t figure out where is going (actually) the whole exhausted air ^^

Not the same scale at all, but for me a “filtered pulmon space” is an hermetic receiver like that :

Not sure what Im looking at

The whole cabinet is a hermetic “lung space”, always with high negative pressure inside. Carbon filter on bottom, RVK on the white box in the middle. The whole thing is for only one 4x4 that have one passive intake and one active intake.

What is RVK mean?

I have grown some of the stinkiest sour diesel strains and not had a whiff of a smell get past my Phresh filters so long as I do my part. First they have to be replaced regularly, I replaced mine about every 12-18 months and I make sure all my ducting is sealed and taped at all joints. Second I would not use a ac infinity filters or vivosun cheap ass Chinese knock off. I tried one once and in less than a couple weeks I could smell the failure of cheep shit.
And as a qualifier I grow in suburban housing community where my neighbors homes are fairly close and if I had any smelly some of these would call five oh instantly not to mention I have had people who smoke a foot from the closet door and they never know there was a grow going on less than a few feet from their nose when tent is zipped and door closed. Not a hint of smell and I duct mine out of the closet into the attic rafter area. Open the closet door and unzip tent and the whole house smells in minutes. Close it all and in a short time not a whiff. Been growing like this probably 8 plus years. Size them in accordance with your tent size and add some CFM for fudge factor and it will be good.

3 Likes