Need help with ID sick plant

Hi, i recently got contacted by my friend in need for help.
I need an ID of this deficiency.

I only have a snapped branch and a leaf. Hope this is enough.
Using Coco and AN sensi coco grow a/b (Unph’d)
Vipraspectra V600

Thanks in advanced!

1 Like

https://overgrow.com/t/mynamestitchs-guide-to-plant-diseases-and-nutrient-deficiencies

1 Like

I would guess about Potassium deficiency … :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Not much info to go on. As mentioned already, does kinda look like potassium but that shine has me thinking an over dose of nutrition. To much and those leaves get real shinny and eventually start to burn them.

Nitrogen *** not nutrition

2 Likes

Thats a big help from you, it was my thought as well after looking through Impala’s reply.
Thanks alot!!

3 Likes

Yeah, ill mix a new batch for him on friday…
Thanks for the info!

1 Like

You’re welcome, here you will find more info … beer3|nullxnull

1 Like

I was thinking the same icon_e_confused|nullxnull but then discarded after reading this … :nerd_face:

2 Likes

Failure to adjust pH to optimum levels is 100% where I’d start. Tell your buddy to check runoff pH.

Don’t rely on the product itself to maintain proper consistent pH levels.

Nutrient deficiency charts are about as useful as astrology charts.

That plant doesn’t look too bad. Older leaves sometimes just start looking like crap. They don’t live forever. It’s definitely not pests. A whole plant shot would be helpful.

6 Likes

Advanced Nutrients pH Perfect® Sensi Coco Grow A+B

Because our Base Nutrients are created with pH Perfect Technology® and contain the bud-getting benefits you can’t buy (Wet Betty, F-1, H-2, Amino Acids) you can say goodbye to pH pens and hello to your best harvests yet!

Unless original tap water is way out of pH range there’s no need to check for the pH, ppm’s in runoff would be an interesting data to discard or not nute burn … beer3|nullxnull

1 Like

Looks overfed to me. Drop your e.c/ppm. Definitely need to cut back on the nitrogen. :+1:

2 Likes

There is absolutely a need to check pH. I don’t trust a gimmicky product from a gimmicky company to maintain pH levels. There have been a few people on this forum for whom “pH perfect” was failing to maintain proper pH levels. pH is everything in soilless and hydroponics.

I specifically add K to all my feeds in the form of KNO3 and my older leaves in later flower look like that, so K “deficiency” is unlikely. Coco, especially handwatered coco, is subject to pH and nutrient issues. Coco has a ton of K to begin with and a high CEC so again, K “deficiency” is unlikely.

1 Like

Trust the ph meter. If you cant trust it get one you can trust

1 Like

I agree watching better the pics the yellow borders are not so evident so could be nute burn, but miss the burnt tips typical in those cases … hum|nullxnull

I have run DWC and soil with AN pH perfect and had issues until Collanoscopy told me to throw the pH pen away. I know it is a question of faith, just don’t use that product if you don’t have it, but if you do, correcting pH like I did before will only bring you trouble … beer3|nullxnull

2 Likes

Start with checking the pH but I have to agree with @George, it looks like a potassium deficiency

2 Likes

Thanks guys!!

Hello guys and ladies , I am having a problem. I noticed this (fungus) or what ever it is can anyone help me identify and tell what I can do please !!!

I’m afraid it isn’t a fungus but bugs, could be thrips, take a look at the pics above… :sweat:

fuck-a-thrips image

You won’t believe my luck I just got rid of mites last month. Nothing has come in then I look one of my wife’s customers bought her one of those big pot bunch of chrysanthemums ! Can anything else happen to this project

1 Like

Really bad luck :disappointed:, I was first wondering if there were mites icon_e_confused|nullxnull, but as they looked as irregular scratches thought about thrips damage. Here you can see mites infection:

2255582F-18A7-4D08-9402-8515B2B12680 image spider mites spider mites1

Looks more like spots, trim a leaf and inspect the back with a scope, good luck … beer3|nullxnull